The Unofficial "What the hell was the name of that cartoon?" thread on Toon Zone

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,450 4
Framingham, MA
Okay, so we've had a bunch of new members arrive on the forum recently, posting new threads asking for the names of cartoons they saw as kids, they only provide the vaguest details for. I'm pretty sick of these threads because they are asking the world of the members with absolutely nothing to go on. But maybe I'd be less sick of them if the questions were all in a single thread. It was RandomMe's idea, and it's a great one.

So is there a vague cartoon you barely remember as a kid, whose name is on the tip of your tongue, but you can't quite picture it? Post the question in this specific thread. It will keep the rest of us sane.

Mr HooPoe

Oct 9, 2017
Ratings
When I used to watch Spacetoon, I would see a lot of shows that seem to be considered cult classics rather than full-out great (though Tom & Jerry was there). Besides a bunch of shows like Animaniacs, Taz-mania, Babar, and too many others to list, I got a few...oddballs that the Internet could never show me like the Spaghetti-O cartoon.

One of these shows (from Planet Adventure) was about a group of children who travelled around the world for some reason with a purple creature who could shape-shift. Much like shows from so long ago, I can really recall one scene (in this case, a flight attendant on a plane somehow noticed that the lead boy was not wearing his purple scarf, which was the alien then hiding in the trunk).

Also, can anybody identify which Zorro cartoon is which? I was never able to determine which is which, and the only thing from memory from the one that I saw on Spacetoon is that one episode began with some special enemy slashing Zorro with his signature "D" in a dream before cutting to the show's instrumental theme song.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Aug 3, 2002
Ratings
289 1
Chiyo-chan's America
One of these shows (from Planet Adventure) was about a group of children who travelled around the world for some reason with a purple creature who could shape-shift. Much like shows from so long ago, I can really recall one scene (in this case, a flight attendant on a plane somehow noticed that the lead boy was not wearing his purple scarf, which was the alien then hiding in the trunk).
The only purple shapeshifter I could think of is Widget, the World Watcher. However, I don't remember him turning into a scarf.

Dr.Pepper

Sep 10, 2006
Ratings
1,277 7
In A House
I remember in the early ‘90’s seeing a cartoon where a living painting of the Mona Lisa chasing after a character through a dark alley holding an old fashioned bug sprayer. It’s a scene that periodically pops back into my head. Any ideas?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,450 4
Framingham, MA
The Mona Lisa sometimes appeared in Darkwing Duck.
That wasn't Mona Lisa. The painting villain's name was Splatter Phoenix.
I seriously doubt it was Darkwing. I looked it up and I can’t seem to find an episode where the painting came to life. Besides I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a “dogface”.
She was a duck. But you are right that it wasn't her you are thinking of. She never had a scene like you described.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
I don't really like the notion of belittling people who make threads asking for help on what show they could have watched. They may not be able to provide the clearest details, but instead of getting upset over it, it's easier just to move on and ignore them if they bother you that much. Because of that and because I don't want to discourage people from making new threads on the subject, I'm going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.