The Official Justice League Unlimited Rumor Thread, Part 4

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Bird Boy, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

"Injustice For All" "Fury" "Secret Society"

If what I posted is true, it may not be done in the same way.

2. Nick K.

Nick K. Active Member

That's different. The JL vs. Villain Groups vs. A Major storyline being retreaded but differently...

3. Simpler Simon

Simpler Simon Always in Style

DL's current posts, under any other user name, would probably be considered spam :p

Is someone archiving all of DL's bizzaro ramblings? I'd love to go back after season 4 has aired and figure out the oblique clues he's laid out.

4. LastStand

LastStand Lurky Lurky Lurker

Well, judging by this:

I'd say that he's hinting at a justice Lord's return,since in the current JL comics, the Crime Syndicate of Amerika,antimatter alternate's to the league,are running rampant, and their owlman did something along the same lines as M.EEEEYYYYOOO or whatever DL calls him,putting a live feed from the positive matter universe of them doing whatever they were going to do to the league on tv in their own world.And since the Lords are the closest thing we have to the CSA........:shrug: I dunno,just a thought.

5. Nick K.

Nick K. Active Member

I'd say a very clever thought!

6. PeterFries

PeterFries Active Member

Hmm, Dark Lantern. As in, Justice Lord Lantern? Wasn't the Justice Lord Lantern bald? And wasn't there a rumor about Stewart being replaced?

7. Allen CARR

Allen CARR Member

This DLM who is he? and you guys talk like he knows stuff about the Upcomeing season.

8. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

I didn't catch anyone talking about DLM.We were talking about Dark Lantern and yes he does know stuff about upcoming eps. He is a insider of sorts and to date hasn't been wrong with his info even though he tries to get it across in a clever way without just coming out and saying it. He uses a lot of word play and codes and lets us sit back and try to figure it out.

That's the best idea I have seen so far. Maybe DL's post is hinting that one of The Leaguer's has been replaced by a Lord.

9. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

besides all Lord Lantern would need to regain his powers would be the real GLs ring.

10. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

I read in another post somewhere recently that the power disrupter permanently scrambled the brain impulse of The Lords preventing them from accessing their powers and abilities. So I don't think The Lorder GL could use anyone's power ring. Whatever is in him that allows him to do that is gone. Sort of like what Despero did to John in Hearts and Minds but more permanent (atleast according to Bruce Timm who I believe commented on the disruptor).

11. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

hmmm.... well, i guess just because GL got replaced by a dark lantern doesnt mean that the dark lantern would necessarily have to be a Lord. maybe its an evil clone, or just an Evil Doppelganger of Other Origin or EDOO for short :)

12. superfriend

superfriend Member

Conspiracy - government plant

I've been thinking about the ongoing conspiracy plot. Specifically about the comment dropped by one of the writers - I think - that there are details in priour episodes we may have missed.

I'd hate to see it repeated o JLU, as I like his rendition here better that any I've seen in the comics, but Captain Atom was a goverment plant in the Justice League back in the late 80's.

Back History: Maxwell Lord and a sentient machine manipulated the JL and the United Nations into giving the JL International standing. The kicker was that Russia and the United States each wanted to put a "member" on the team. So Rocket Red #7 and Captain Atom were admitted to the newly renamed JLI. ... After some time it was revealed that Captain Atom was a spy for the US government. He cut his ties and attempted to prove he was one of the good guys for real.

Queen Bee was ultimately responsible for another attemp on the JLI which incuded getting Blue Beetle, Ice, and Capt Atom fired from the team.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but the recent comments reminded me.

13. PeterFries

PeterFries Active Member

If GL is actually his own Justice Lord counterpart, how long has this been the case? Is it possible that John, the original John Stewart, never had a relationship with Shayera (or Vixen, for that matter) after all?

It would also set up the possibility of a tease, where the writers could kill off Stewart in some sort of heroic sacrifice, before it's revealed that the real (original?) Stewart has been in the Justice Lord's universe all this time...

14. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

I would like to think the creators of this show wouldn't do a horrible plot twist like that in which we have to write off all of John's activities over the past season as being that of a doppelganger. That would be the biggest let down ever. I have faith that they would never do that. Atleast not to John.

If they did that to anybody I would think it would be J'onn. He hasn't done much this past season and hasn't had a lot of screen time. So it would be easy to write off his activities as that of a doppelganger. Hell maybe he's the reason the League is more Lord like. Maybe he has slowly been pushing them in that direction. He does hand out the missions (like the one into Chong Mi even though it was against their will). I hope not of course but you never know. No one could infiltrate The League with J'onn's mind reading ability unless they where Thanagarian or unless the guy who reads the minds is the bad guy.

#554 Knight, Jan 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2005
  15. bat313

bat313 Active Member

Lord GL was shot with the energy disrupter and according to Bruce Timm, it basically turned him into an eggplant. If someone figured a way to re-power the Justice Lords them maybe he replaced him, but from waht we have seen he is a vegatable...if ya want, go back and read the "where are the justice lords" thread i started.

16. PeterFries

PeterFries Active Member

In that case, it's obviously B'wana Beast.

17. LastStand

Of course! J'onn could never read a mind that shallow!:evil:

18. Style

Style The Green Style Returns

LastStand, you have the greatest Avatar ever!

19. LastStand

Ah,shameless offtopic plug;It's from a panel of JLUnscripted, a comic strip I write and draw for the JLU Club on Deviantart. Check it out, you might like it.

Back on topic,this just seems like it has to mean something.Anyone got theories?

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, when the Lords got taken away, the Cadmus Project could have easily intervened, taking them and cloning them which would be a gigantic mess. J'onn can't be an imposter, at the end of "a better world" when the Lord J'onn was taken out he had his costume on. It doesn't quite fit unless a lot of behind the scene things happen.

McDuffie posted that clues about the conspiracy may be in places you wouldn't think of...so If you take the theme from every JLU episode so far:1) A country trying to make their own protector, 2) a man who loses everything he never had, 3)a country who had a civil war and identified themselves by geography, 4) a girl dreaming about killing 5) a child wanting power and recognition 6) a man who has to reveal what he hides the most to save his ally 7) a god searching for a purpose 8) a man who learns what it means to be hero 9) a group of heroes who have been manipulated 10) a foreign population that grows without restraint 11) a woman searching for redemption out of personal tragedy

These are the ones I could connect the dots...
    1) Sounds like the American government with Cadmus
    3) Sounds similar to the Civil War, so another hint at America
    9)the JLU is being manipulated without them even knowing
    10) reference to the superhero/metahuman population surging in the DCAU
    11) look into Amanda Waller's backstory
    Sounds agreeable...anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.