The Official Justice League Unlimited Rumor Thread, Part 4

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Bird Boy, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerekPowers

DerekPowers Ruler of Gotham City, 2049

wasnt there a teenage aquaman show confirmed or something? i know it was like young aquaman, and i remember it being semi-official. i dont know if it was going to take place in the current dcau timeline though. anyone know what happened to that?

also, when is the krypto series suppose to air. dont tell me its already on. i know its for little kiddies and isnt in the dcau timeline, but i'd still like to check it out once in a while. peace.

2. bat313

bat313 Active Member

This might have been asked a billion times, but if Dini created Harley Quinn, is she also off limits? Because she would be fun to use again in a Gotham setting. Any clues?

3. PeterFries

PeterFries Active Member

b.t., I'm going wayyy off-topic here, but I'm curious about the Kamandi series you mentioned pitching once -- how far did that get?

4. EJill34

EJill34 Member

Awesome news on the main page about JLU Season 2 starting on February 5th. I didn't think they'd be starting right away, so its a nice surprise. I'm shocked that Felix Faust is returning and I was scratching my head as to why Tobias Whale is showing up. Isn't he a Black Lightning villain?

Anyway, its still great news and I have no doubts that next season will be a winner.

5. adoptedBatpuppy

adoptedBatpuppy Confidence is the Key

I enjoyed reading this interview, since I don't read many interviews online. I'm glad that Static and Batman Beyond will appear in the JLU. I look forward to the new episodes with much enthusiasm. Same also goes toward Teen Titans. :D

6. EmaHalJordan

EmaHalJordan Well-Known Member

7. Karkull

Karkull Mod of Chaos

Dwayne McDuffie talked about Bruce Timm's attempts to use Tobias Whale a few months ago on his website's message boards. His plan was to use him as part of Huntress' origin, but they weren't cool with using him at the time. Apparently that's changed. You can read the quote here (scroll down to the Huntress' entry).

8. EJill34

EJill34 Member

Looks like things haven't changed. Dwayne McDuffie corrected the press release saying that there won't be any Tobias Whale.

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Felix Faust?! Must have something to do with the recent annoucement of the Tala character. So there's at least one magic related episode next season. So I'm guessing the Feb 5th episode will be "the cat and the canary"?.

10. b.t.

b.t. Active Member

\

it was indeed "young aquaman", NOT part of the established dcau, completely different style, etc....it was in development for kids wb for awhile, they ultimately passed on it, it's now seemingly in permanent limbo....

no idea when "krypto" is scheduled to debut....sorry....

11. b.t.

b.t. Active Member

if you read that COMICOLOGY interview a few years back, you know pretty much the whole story....it was pretty much an off-the-cuff verbal pitch, with color blowups of kirby comic art....the lady from kids wb seemed very confused while looking at the art: "i kinda like the premise, but, um...you want it to look like THAT?!"...also, they wanted to add a strong female supporting character, and since there really AREN'T any in the original comics, and i wanted to stay as faithful to the comics as possible, we reached a quick impasse, they lost interest....it would have been WAY too violent for them, anyway, i think, it's probably best it didn't happen....

12. b.t.

b.t. Active Member

regardless of who created her, i'm sure she's considered part of the batman franchise....THE BATMAN could probably use her, but JLU probably can't (and we don't really have any burning desire to use her without mr. j, anyway).....

13. Maxie Zeus

Maxie Zeus Upside Down

Cartoon Network announced the debut today, as a matter of fact. (What timing!) Monday, April 4, at 9:30am (ET/PT)

14. Nick K.

Nick K. Active Member

Well, I don't know if you read Superman/ Batman by Jeph Loeb, but Kamandi just recently appeared in it... in fact, it was the last issue. I suppose you're a fan of his so you might enjoy picking it up. :)

15. V.L.

V.L. Nerdlinger

Well, it's known now that Captain Marvel will be making an appearance. I think that's great but does anyone know if Billy and Shazam will be making appearances as well? I think it'd be a nice way to constrast the Big Red Cheese with Big Blue.

16. Merlin Missy

Merlin Missy Cranky Old Lady

Drat. There went my hopes Old Lady Harley was going to make an appearance in TOaFT.

MM:)

17. DerekPowers

DerekPowers Ruler of Gotham City, 2049

its AWESOME that season 2 is starting right away!!! And Felix Faust is back? Thats cool because i loved his character and "Paradise Lost".

One thing i hope doesnt happen is that he appears with no explaination of how he came back to life. His death scene was pretty dang cool, imo, and if they just bring him back with no explaination i will be VERY disapointed.

a qs about the krypto series though...Paul Dini was a writer on it, right? was he the HEAD writer or a producer, what exactly was his role on it? And since he announced his official departure from WB animation, how does that effect the show? will it not be renuied, will they just replace him? anyone have any ideas? and speaking of which, does that also mean there's no chance of him writing another JLU ep (not that is work on JL/JLU has been anything to brag about, but)?

peace.

18. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

who said felix faust is back?

19. PeterFries

PeterFries Active Member

Seems pretty straightforward -- Hades, Lord of the Underworld, aged him to dust and then the dust got sucked into Tartarus/Hell, just ahead of Hades himself. So sure, Faust is dead and in Hell with Hades. It seems like no big deal to work out a way out of the Underworld -- Circe and Medusa were able to get out to fight and chat with the JLU, respectively, if only for a short while.

Maybe Faust found some pals in Hell that could help him escape, like, oh, I dunno --
    Abnegazar, Rath, and Ghast? Or maybe he can leave briefly as an emissary of Hades?

20. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

Maybe he and Aresia could get to talking about who could have possibly helped them transport between Themyscria and Man's World...

...namely the one character who would have most benefitted from the trouble they caused...

....wonder who that could have been.

Am I warm?

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.