1. If you are seeing non-stop CMP acceptance notifications, go here and we will help you troubleshoot:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-cmp-acceptance-notice.5663692/
    If you are seeing non-stop Privacy/ToS acceptance notifications, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-privacy-terms-acceptance.5663702/
    If you are seeing threads with no posts at all, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/threads-with-no-content.5663811/
    Please note that these are separate issues. Posting in the correct thread will help us resolve the issue faster.
    Dismiss Notice

The New Woody Woodpecker Show on Universal Kids

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by retropartyfilm, May 30, 2018.

1. retropartyfilm

retropartyfilm Member

Back in 2017, after Universal Kids launched on September 9, 2017, i wonder if Universal Kids could air re-runs of The New Woody Woodpecker Show after 17 years, after the show ended. and nothing came across airing re-runs for this show in the US on Boomerang, Nicktoons and Qubo by the late 2000's. But if NBCUniversal announced for this show to air on Universal Kids, It will marks the return of Woody Woodpecker being back on TV in the United States since 2002. The show premiered on Fox Kids on May 8, 1999-March 23, 2002. It will marks the first and only syndicated animated programs to air on Universal Kids. The show was originally going to air on June 8, 2018, but the scheduled wasn't change yet.

2. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user & Cartoon analyst

It depends if the franchise is still relevant to some or not. The new movie probably didn't help.
    ...Where'd you get this info?

3. retropartyfilm

retropartyfilm Member

On the en.wikipedia.org.

4. superkeegan9100

So that's why you thought Woody Woodpecker was debuting that day. Look, I used to fall for Wikipedia articles too. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that Wikipedia is filled with unsourced lies.

5. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

The last time The New Woody Woodpecker Show aired in Flanders was on August 29th, 2010 in English with subtitles (the day after the last airing of The Batman on the same channel), so I remember it quite well.

It is too hyperactive for my taste. I used to like this cartoon a lot, but now I find it a poor version of the Daffy Duck shorts.

6. retropartyfilm

retropartyfilm Member

Some kids network like Boomerang and Nicktoons hasn't pick up this show for the rights to air through the year past by.

7. retropartyfilm

retropartyfilm Member

According to en.wikipedia.org, Re-runs of this show will air on June 22, 2018 after the first day of summer, and Hopefully The New Woody Woodpecker Show will air at 6:00 PM replacing All Hail King Julian.

8. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If the only source is Wikipedia, then it's likely false.

Takao and superkeegan9100 like this.
  9. superkeegan9100

Yeah...I'm under no impression that this is some clever research on his part. It's not clever, because the only source he's citing is Wikipedia.

10. retropartyfilm

retropartyfilm Member

As of Wikipedia update the page, Reruns was originally going to air on Universal Kids on June 22, but it later pushed back to July 2, 2018.

11. superkeegan9100

Dude, we told you not to believe in those Wikipedia liars. No one in 2018 besides you wants to see Woody Woodpecker on TV again.

12. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Actually, some of us older fans wouldn't mind seeing some of those classic Woody shorts in circulation again. There ain't that many from the Universal library (Woody, Andy Panda, Chilly Willy, Beary Family) online.