1. If you are seeing non-stop CMP acceptance notifications, go here and we will help you troubleshoot:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-cmp-acceptance-notice.5663692/
    If you are seeing non-stop Privacy/ToS acceptance notifications, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-privacy-terms-acceptance.5663702/
    If you are seeing threads with no posts at all, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/threads-with-no-content.5663811/
    Please note that these are separate issues. Posting in the correct thread will help us resolve the issue faster.
    Dismiss Notice

The Monkees

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by AnimaniacNutso, Apr 15, 2018.

1. AnimaniacNutso

AnimaniacNutso Well-Known Member

Thoughts on this band?

Harley and Fone Bone like this.
  2. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

One of my favorite TV shows growing up. So influential to my comedic sensibilities that I created a parody of them in the comic book I'm working on.

3. MegasMilo379

MegasMilo379 Active Member

Took me until my teens to get to know them, but it was in 2011 when I began watching the TV show regularly
    (I remember watching The Christmas Show back when I was a kid and I loved it then).
    It's now one of my favorite TV shows ever, and anytime it's on, I'm watching.
    Still hilarious and endearing.
    And I've been blasting their music ever since. One of the best pop/rock/whatever bands in history.

4. Jean74

Jean74 Father's Day 2018

Loved the TV show. in the intro it is in the chorus Hey Hey We're the Monkees. And loved the music afterwards!

5. Harley

Harley Embarassment Ninja
    Staff Member Administrator

They don't get enough respect because of their tv band origins. But they've got some real solid songs. I was pretty happy when they used Goin' Down during a montage on Breaking Bad once.

6. Low Spark of Lyman

Low Spark of Lyman Mr. #1 Cat

Anyone seen the 1968 movie Head?
    If you thought the show was weird...nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

They have been credited with pioneering (some may even say inventing) country-rock music, particularly due to Mike Nesmith.