The Mole: Game Discussion

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Colin, Jan 30, 2005.

1. guinaevere

guinaevere agent provocateur

It was just his hair!!

Girl, we need to work on the old self esteem and bring it up a notch. For starters, you can move out of that corner and into your very own guest room. :D

I know you're on the enemy team, but you're my friend. And lil sister. ;pinches Sambo's cheeks;

2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

*I have a bunch of wooden nickels from Sambos*

Ah it's good to be back.

3. Kury Wagner

Kury Wagner Jizzyboobgirlkury

I sell coffee.

Aw, how sweet.

#183 Kury Wagner, Mar 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2005
  4. guinaevere

Coffee? Sweet?

;orders a coffee from Sambuck's;

5. Kury Wagner

Couldn't resist infringing

[​IMG] Caramel Frappuccino, anyone?

But now, what does this have to do with the Mole game, Gwen? (I had to blame someone else for getting so off-topic)

6. guinaevere

She's good!

Infringing? What, on the tz Cafe?
    [​IMG]

um... Well. :sweat:

I'm not exactly certain. Maybe I should make my exit, huh?

7. Lord Dalek

Just for the record, my home town actually has a "Sambucks".

8. guinaevere

And a Sambo's?

Portland. Land of rare eateries.

9. Lord Dalek

Nah Sambo's is in Santa Barbara.

And Astoria has Sambucks (before we got Starbucks I might add).

10. True Noir

True Noir Active Member

Astoria, NY?

11. Lord Dalek

Oregon.

Didn't you see the Goonies???

12. Kury Wagner

Above is proof that Dalek has a thing for Sams.

It's better Colin yells at you than me. =P

13. guinaevere

I live for the abuse, what can I say?

14. True Noir

True Noir Active Member

Actually, I have, but I never did know where the setting took place besides the fact that it was somewhere near an ocean. I guessed NY, because Astoria, Queens is my home town.

15. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

Guess what Guys & Girls & Moles of all ages!

There's gonna be a big announcement made tonight after Firing Squad ends! I know you guys just can't wait :)

16. Conekiller

Conekiller On the Cruise!

*GASP* Colin was the mole the whole time!?

17. Kury Wagner

Close... I bet Colin's marrying the Mole. Makes so much sense...

18. guinaevere

Oh oh oh!! Does this mean we all get to be attendants? I want to be one of Tims Maid of Honor.

19. Lord Dalek

While swabbing the deck I found the actual rules for the Mole!

GAME PLAY:

1. Overview: In the Program, the Contestants and the "Mole" are presented with up to four (4) Tasks to complete over approximately a seventy-two (72) hour time period (a "Round"). With each Task that is successfully completed, the Players earn a reward, usually money, which typically is placed in a single "pot." At the end of each Round, the Players take a Quiz of up to twenty five (25) questions about the Mole. The Contestant with the least number of correct answers is immediately eliminated from the Program. To maintain confidentiality, and for other production reasons, Contestants eliminated from game play may be required, at the sole discretion and expense of Producer, to remain at or near the production location until the production of the Program is completed. The Tasks and Quizzes continue for twelve (12) Rounds, until two (2) Players remain. One of the two (2) remaining Players is revealed as the Mole, and the other Player is declared the winner and awarded all the prize money in the "pot."
    2. Tasks: The Players must work throughout the Program to accomplish various Tasks presented to them by the Host and/or Producer. The Players will be presented with up to four (4) Tasks to complete during each Round of play. Each Round will occur over approximately seventy-two (72) hours (excluding travel days or rest days, as Producer deems necessary). The Host and/or Producer will explain the Task and the specific rules applicable to each Task to the Players. With each Task that is successfully completed, the Players earn a reward, usually money, which typically is placed in a single "pot." The Producer will predetermine the amount of prize money or other reward to be rewarded for each completed Task. Some Tasks will require the Players to gamble or risk money from the group's "pot" or sacrifice or take money out of the "pot." At Producer's sole discretion, either all or only a few of the Players will participate in a certain Task. The Producer will determine in their sole discretion the exact method, manner and form of rules explanation, and assignment of Players to Tasks, including but not limited to assignment of roles, teams, and partners (e.g. the Producer may choose which Players will participate in a Task, and/or in what capacity; the Producer may ask the Players to vote and/or nominate who will participate in a Task, and in what capacity.)
    3. Task Completion: The Producer will determine at their sole and exclusive discretion whether a Task was successfully completed and whether any Players violated any game or Task rules while attempting to complete the Task. The decision of the Producer regarding Task completion and rule violations will be final. No appeals will be accepted under any circumstances. The amount of prize money in the "pot" will grow as the Players continue to successfully complete Tasks. Cameras and other production equipment may be present at any and all times during the production of the Program, and such cameras and equipment are an integral and expected part of all aspects of the Program including, without limitation, any games, Tasks, quizzes or other production events of the Program. The presence or absence of such cameras and/or equipment shall not be deemed to create an advantage or disadvantage to any participant(s).
    4. Penalties: At Producer's sole discretion, Players may be penalized by being "fined" amounts of money as determined by the Producers (i.e. a portion of accumulated winnings will be deducted from the "pot"), or by being subject to any other form of penalty as determined by Producer (up to and including disqualification), when one or more Players (including the Mole) break any of the Official Rules or any rule pertaining to game play.
    5. Quiz: After each Round, the Players must take a Quiz containing up to twenty five (25) questions about the identity of the "Mole." The Quiz will be administered via computer by the Host and the Producer. Each Player will answer questions about the "Mole", such as "What was the Mole wearing today?" or "Does the Mole wear glasses?" or "What did the Mole have for breakfast today?" In each Round each Player will take the same Quiz with the same questions. The Player with the least number of correct answers will be immediately eliminated from the group. In the event of a tie, the Player with the least number of correct answers who took the longest amount of time to complete the Quiz is eliminated. The Player who is eliminated must not speak with other Players as they exit the Program. The Players will not be told the correct answers, or which questions they answered correctly or incorrectly.
    6. The Mole: The Mole selection process is confidential and solely at the Producer's discretion. The Mole shall be employed by Producer and shall be placed in the game by Producer prior to commencement of game play. The Mole will take the Quizzes with all of the Contestants, but the Producer will not count the Mole's Quiz for the purposes of Contestant elimination. Therefore, the Mole cannot be eliminated from the game. The identity of the Mole is not revealed until one (1) Contestant is left. With the revealing of the Mole, the last Contestant is deemed the winner of all the prize money.
    Unsurprisingly this is fairly different from the game we're playing at the moment.

20. guinaevere

Minor problems.

Sorry team Purple Mankey Dishwasher (??!?), had a couple fam emergencies to deal with, and wound up having to spend endless hours and a fortune in petrol going back and forth to Chattanooga for a couple presentations that I simply couldn't [strike]get out of[/strike] put off any longer. :sweat:

But fear not. I'm back just in time for the Firing Squad. :sad: