The Loud House - "Pipe Dreams" Talkback Thread [3/16/18]

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ratings
1,488 13
New York
Click here for the previous Talkback Thread
Click here for the next Talkback Thread
Click here for News & Discussion Thread

Pipe Dreams
Episode 111 (Episode 306b)
Premieres Friday, March 16th @ 6:00 PM

Rita and Lynn Sr. decide to build a secret bathroom after they become sick of waiting their turn in line

Repeat Showings
March 17th @ 6:30 PM on Nickelodeon
March 18th @ 11:00 AM on Nickelodeon
March 18th @ 3:30 PM on Nickelodeon

Jan 26, 2018
Ratings
80 2
New Jersey, USA
Good episode, definitely better than last week's. The pets doing things in the parent's bathroom and the kids getting blamed for it was pretty funny. Nice moment with the family hugging together towards the end too.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
Ratings
555 6
New York
An episode that is completely from the parents prospective. Takes guts for a Nickelodeon show to do that, anyway very funny episode. Though I thought the first half had an easy solution. When building the bathroom, just sent the kids away to a relatives house for a week. Problem solved. Though I did get a chuckle of Lola yelling "what are you doing in there?" another night it could have been something very different.

So it didn't work just paranoa, we have seen many episodes like this with the kids especially Lincoln, like the "The Sweet Spot" or "Linc or Swim", so the apple don't fall far from the tree. Anyway great episode, though I am still waiting for Rita to get her own episode, and from one episode title we are not too far away from that.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,529 28
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
The episodes where we get more from the parents angle (Suite and Sour) are proving to be one of my favorite episodes.
I really hope they Lynn Sr. and Rita manage to fix their bathroom. Thirteen people having to share a bathroom is absolutely terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 26, 2018
Ratings
80 2
New Jersey, USA
An episode that is completely from the parents prospective. Takes guts for a Nickelodeon show to do that, anyway very funny episode.
Compared to having a same-sex inter-racial couple with an adopted child and showing a female character having a crush on a person of the same-sex, episodes from the parents' perspective isn't all that gutsy. But yes, this and most of the episodes focusing on the parents have been really good.

I.R. Shokew

DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs
Sep 26, 2011
Ratings
1,711 7
Who wants to find me that badly anymore?
Pipe Dreams (Mid Tier) - Another good idea (indefinitely, given a house this large), wrecked up by status quo & some less than stellar writing ("The parents being over-paranoid for their own good, just to make this plot work. And it doesn't, once you reach the end.") that I refuse to overlook. Yeah - No thanks. Not as bad as last week, but (as usually) I've this show do so much better, honestly.

A real shame, too - again, with a house this large, it would make sense to have 2 (or even 3) bathrooms - and don't give me this exaggerated for comedic effect dreck, either. This just wasn't funny to me in an appealing way, especially since the conflict is so simple to resolve with a smarter approach (then again, this show has yet to truly be laugh-out-loud funny to me; I might get the occasional chuckle, but never really a laugh - pretty sad, really... I'm just reminded as a result that We Bare Bears / Clarence have done so much better in this juncture for me, personally.).

Without getting too further deep into this, it looks like Health Kicked still remains the best episode we've gotten focusing on the parents together - and even that wasn't all that spectacular (as it also suffered a bit from some exaggeration that, again, ultimately didn't appeal to me all that much.), to be brutally honest with myself.

The reason I DON'T rank this lower - just how understanding the kids are of the fact that the house could use MUCH MORE bathrooms. Glad those kids are so forgiving; it is what makes this show stand out so damn well, despite a large abundance of less than stellar / memorable episodes. And I proudly treat that much as FACT.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,855 10
Elizabeth,NJ
Great episode. It's not often we see focus on the adults/parents of a show. It's understandable that Rita Lynn Sr. would want their own bathroom to themselves with 11 kids (though it is their own fault for the long bathroom lines:p). But they would deserve their own bathroom since 1.they own the house and buy everything and 2. they should have clear access to a bathroom for the sake of getting to work on time. The pets getting in the new bathroom and causing the parents to get paranoid was a little annoying and could've been done in a better way.
The kids should be glad with their parents having their own bathroom since it would mean two less people in line at the main bathroom. I hope the parents get their bathroom repaired eventually.

JTZ

Aug 30, 2017
Ratings
An episode full of classic Loud House charm from the perspective of the parents. Nothing spectacular about it, but nice nonetheless.

Compared to having a same-sex inter-racial couple with an adopted child and showing a female character having a crush on a person of the same-sex, episodes from the parents' perspective isn't all that gutsy.
Also, having the love interests of two main characters move to another city.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,073 36 1
Austin, Texas
I feel like this episode was very dynamic, when it came to it's approach never did it really feel like anything dragged. For the most part I have to say I did like the kids here, usually its always their thing to find out just about anything that anyone in the family thinks of as seen in other episodes but for once they are merely reserved and do give the parents more time to themselves which I think really helped the episode on their part.'

Oh and yeah I can't forget how the show just inserted its show staff as the parents helpful construction crew, that part sure made me chuckle as you can't get anymore dedicated by even helping the characters inside the show. :D