1. If you are seeing non-stop CMP acceptance notifications, go here and we will help you troubleshoot:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-cmp-acceptance-notice.5663692/
    If you are seeing non-stop Privacy/ToS acceptance notifications, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-privacy-terms-acceptance.5663702/
    If you are seeing threads with no posts at all, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/threads-with-no-content.5663811/
    Please note that these are separate issues. Posting in the correct thread will help us resolve the issue faster.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lion Guard - News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Tommy Lawson, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Describing this series as The Lion King meets The Avengers sounds both hilarious and awesome to the point where I instantly want to watch it. Granted, part of it is also because of my immense fondness for The Lion King in general, but describing the series like that works in attracting attention, even though it was probably to get people excited by bringing up something as popular and successful as The Avengers.

Klon's design also kind of reminds me of Kopa from those Lion King books I heard about a couple of years ago. At least there is a bit more effort here to make him not look so much as a young Simba with a bit more of a mane. The paw mark on his arm is a pretty nice touch too. I'm going to guess that this takes place in its own continuity given that Klon is mentioned and is the lead character, but Kiara is not. Either that or they could say that Simba and Nala had another cub sometime after the events of the sequel.

3. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

If Kiara and Kovu aren't in this series, I swear to God...

4. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Looks to have very high quality animation. A lot higher than I would've expected. Wonder how it'll look in motion.

5. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

Could be just promo images.

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It would be nice to see them at least get guest appearances every once in awhile.

7. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Is there really any expectation of anything more than the standard "Stare at the screen as kids figure out 'difficult' things" like where the red tree can possibly be? Calling it Lion King meets the Avengers seems to be pumping it up as something it will unlikely be. Especially not on a channel for pre-schoolers.

8. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

Disney Junior seems to be more about morality stories than Dora the Explorer-style education.

9. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

I have to wonder why Disney created a new character for the lead role instead of just re-using Kiara and/or Kovu, and describing The Lion Guard as being "The Lion King Meets The Avengers" sounds like little more than a ploy to get kids to tune in. I'm honestly not expecting this series to be anything along those lines.

10. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

They probably wanted to use a new younger character instead of re-using characters from a sequel that's over ten years old as the show's main character to attract more attention.

11. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Disney churns out all those cheapquels and disregards the characters like the cheap products they are. Huh.

Anyhoo, hearing them mention Avengers makes me wish they'd just take a Marvel property and just make a preschool show based on it. Boys would eat it up like crazy.

12. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

So Superhero Squad then?

13. cakeface33

cakeface33 Member

I was just about to post the topic. I like the animation. The plot sounds more like Kimba the White Lion branded with Disney. The plot of Kimba was to unite the people and animals in harmony and peace. They'll probably go into details about what they have to save the savannah from but that was one of my first impressions I got from this. I would like to think that Kiara and Kovu will make a guest appearance whether in cub or adult form. However,since this is another cub entirely, I would think Disney just made an AU for this show.

14. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

Whatever sells a whole bunch of toys.

15. cakeface33

cakeface33 Member

^At least they put somewhat of a story in it. It looks like an interesting project. For the record they might be able to make something if they dig up TLK 2 to promote toys.

16. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Same here. I really hope and Kiara appears as the much older sister of Kion.

17. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Well-Known Member

No please not that. I can't stand the three fingers. How bout the Fantastic Four kids?

18. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Disney isn't going to bother making a new Fantastic Four series, preschool or otherwise, as long as 20th Century Fox holds the movie rights to those characters.

19. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

20. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

That's basically what the FOX movie is.