"The Legend of Korra" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by RonDrakenfan17, Apr 4, 2010.

1. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

At least Rebecca blended her beliefs in with everything else in Steven Universe and not make the LGBT thing upfront and shoved in like most shows are trying to do.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, all my interest in buying this comic went away when I saw this panel.

[​IMG]
    Yeah, genocide isn't bad. Plunging the world into a hundred year war isn't bad. But making same sex marriage criminal makes you a monster. Korra needs to sort out her priorities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nomoregroundhogs

She didn't say that was the ONLY reason he was bad though. Just another thing on the pile of bad things, confirming once more that Sozin was in fact the worst.

4. JTZ

JTZ Member

I don't find it pushed or forced. Having a young girl who is probably just discovering that part of her ask Korra and Azami about their relationship is pretty sweet, and it's nice to learn how the four nations view homosexuality.

That being said, I'm not sure if I like that "Sozin made it worse"-thing. There is an episode in the original show that was supposed to show he wasn't just some bad dude, but now they are turning him into just that.

5. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Yeah Sozin banning same sex marriages feels weird, I mean not counting taking over the world the fire nation seemed to be somewhat progressivee

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

6. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

IDW Games have launched their The Legend of Korra: Pro-bending Arena Kickstarter campaign. :)

7. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Maybe this is just me and is probably not true but... maybe Sozin had like some sort of secret crush on Roku and felt betrayed and upset at him in a totally different way that when he started the war (which BTW must of been a pretty secret one BEFORE Aang froze himself considering Aang admitted when he was alive he had no idea about the war and could still travel to the fire nation and had friends there without any care so... again must of been a side project for Sozin I guess until the comet came even though he was talking about for years before that) and rose to that position starting banning such practices. I do admit it does sound like a "yeah let's just make this guy seem even more evil" otherwise but it would make some sort of twisted sense IMHO. And yeah I know in the real world various political figures have such views in addition to their other notions so maybe this is just referencing that but... eh I think my theory still makes the most sense.