1. If you are seeing non-stop CMP acceptance notifications, go here and we will help you troubleshoot:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-cmp-acceptance-notice.5663692/
    If you are seeing non-stop Privacy/ToS acceptance notifications, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-privacy-terms-acceptance.5663702/
    If you are seeing threads with no posts at all, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/threads-with-no-content.5663811/
    Please note that these are separate issues. Posting in the correct thread will help us resolve the issue faster.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Island of Misfit Christmas Specials" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Ay Carumba
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, there are long gaps because nobody likes him anymore; not since his bigoted chats went public.

2. twilicorn

twilicorn HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

Actually, he's always had rather long gaps between videos, even before the backlash (compare to Caddicarus who uploads a new review every week and actually has a consistent schedule, which Jon does not have). It was only after that when everyone who's not a fan really noticed.

#622 twilicorn, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  3. twilicorn

Sorry for double posting but I somehow felt that Rapsittie Street Kids would be the first misfit of the year since it's starting to become less obscure and could even become one of the most well-known misfits next to the Star Wars Holiday Special. So my feeling that I would get some sort of recognition for correctly predicting the first Misfit of the year is kinda diluted.
    By the way, how are the next Misfits going? Can you give a hint about what the next one will be?

4. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

SomeBODY

That's all you get. I've probably said too much.

TheMisterFree and Gear3dGryph0n like this.
  5. twilicorn

judging from my knowledge of things, would this be Shrek the Halls? I guess the only way we'll find out is if we wait. (and by "we" I mean everyone else who doesn't Shrek)

Gear3dGryph0n likes this.
  6. columbiaharmeowny

columbiaharmeowny Un Poco Loco

If it is Shrek, I was going to request that!

7. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

8. twilicorn

I KNEW IT

I believe "Shrek is love, Shrek is life" was the turning point of the Internet's fascination with Shrek. For those not in the know, these are greentext stories about the OP being obsessed with Shrek, usually getting wronged in some way, then Shrek comes in and mutilates the OP in the goriest ways possible, ending with "Shrek is love, Shrek is life." If it wasn't that, then it was probably Neil Cicierega's trippy music video "Mouth" (a.k.a. The Sharpest Tool, which the song goes by on the Mouth Sounds album):

#628 twilicorn, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  9. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

I've found it confusing that "All Star" would become permanently associated with Shrek, since it existed long before that movie came out. Also, the version I find least intolerable actually comes from Rat Race, but that movie doesn't seem that well-known in general.

10. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

My guess is that a lot of the people associating All Star with Shrek grew up watching it and found out about the song through that.

11. twilicorn

Yes, and it was a huge hit back in 1999-2000, being used in other movies like Inspector Gadget and the Digimon movie. But it was through Shrek becoming a meme that the song became permanently associated with Shrek.
    Interestingly, All Star wasn't originally going to be in Shrek. The original plan was to use an original song for the opening and All Star was just put there to get the timing of the scene down, but it worked so well that they just kept it in.
    Meanwhile, in an alternate universe they used "One Week" by Barenaked Ladies instead, and instead of "someBODY" we'd be saying "it's been..."

12. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

"One Week" has become one of my favorite songs, so I'd hate it having no life outside of Shrek.

13. twilicorn

and I just remembered that it was also in the Digimon movie.

Also Peter, with 5 days left to Christmas, will we get another misfit in that short window of time, or will it get delayed to well after Christmas like the Gaga article?

14. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

15. twilicorn

It came on time!!!

I say it's on par with Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie - they were going for more of a bittersweet angle (the Muppet theater is made a historical landmark; the Tanners give Tiffany a surprise holiday visit, making what may be her last Christmas worthwhile). But at least the Muppet one wasn't based on a real dead girl.

#635 twilicorn, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  16. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky The Evil One

Wow. I'm kind of glad I never saw that one.

17. twilicorn

18. Mysterious H

Mysterious H New Member

The most depressing thing ALF was ever involved in? Count yourself lucky you've never seen Project ALF, then. Makes this look like a party.

19. twilicorn

There's only 364 days to prepare for the next crop of Misfits, so here's a suggestion for next year: whatever this is. This is from my own collection and I can't identify it cause the titles and credits were never recorded. All I know is that it's about dogs and this is the main character, who is an Afghan hound. Can anyone identify this thing for me? And more importantly, does Peter already have a copy?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky The Evil One

What-a-Mess?