The "For Portlanders Only" Update Thread

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
Sep 15, 2006
Ratings
Salem, OR.
www.atari2600land.com
Apparently Channel 49 KPDX is going to change from "MyTV" to "Fox 12 +" on Feb. 12. I think all it is is a name change since MyTV didn't really have any shows of its own, did it? A question: Do they still have "The Edge" in the Oregonian life section? Or am I old for remembering it?

Aug 21, 2010
Ratings
Great Meadows, NJ
Apparently Channel 49 KPDX is going to change from "MyTV" to "Fox 12 +" on Feb. 12. I think all it is is a name change since MyTV didn't really have any shows of its own, did it?
They're following the lead of Fox TV Stations-- they've recently rebranded some of their MyTV stations as "Fox (number) Plus/Xtra/More", including Washington DC, Minneapolis and San Francisco/Oakland (though the station there, KICU, was actually an indie; KRON, the former NBC station, is MyNet there).

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
753 7
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
Apparently Channel 49 KPDX is going to change from "MyTV" to "Fox 12 +" on Feb. 12. I think all it is is a name change since MyTV didn't really have any shows of its own, did it? A question: Do they still have "The Edge" in the Oregonian life section? Or am I old for remembering it?
They're calling Channel 49 "12 Plus" now? Makes no sense, numerically. Sad to see it completely lose its identity, but the sad truth is, it hasn't had one in a while.

I haven't looked at an Oregonian in months; I have no idea if The Edge is still there.

There's a new subchannel on 8 called "Quest." WHEN are we getting Heroes & Icons? We seem to be getting everything BUT that channel.