"The Flash (2014)" Season Four Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Harry was dumb in this episode. Iris managed to be useful in this episode (for a change) by doing a little investigative work, and she told Harry to test that Embiggening Ray before using it, and he didn’t, and almost got Cisco and Ralph killed. For a guy who claims to be such a genius, that was a really stupid move. Which is apparently what these shows need to create drama and add stakes to this show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

@Fone Bone: It was Iris who had Ralph stuck to her shoe, not Caitlin. Either way, it was one of the few bright spots in this episode. The slapstick comedy didn't completely balance out the incompetence in the writing, though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Thanks. Off to edit my review!

4. hobbyfan

Where to begin?

Devoe transfers his mind from Dominic to Becky? WTH? This is just piling on the stupid. Wolfe gets killed, or so it'd seem. Amunet escapes again. Ralph pulls the biggest disguise of his life to get Barry sprung.

I get that Barry still wants to do the right thing and stay in prison, but.....!

Next episode in 3 weeks due to the Olympics. CW doesn't want to risk losing viewers by running new episodes for the duration.

5. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

I am surprised they have another money in the budget to bring back all those villains.:D
    DeVoe would pick Hazard, who has one most annoying voices right behind Gilbert Gottfried.

Comic Book Ralph was never able to morph his body to look like another person.
    I guess stretching wasn't good enough for the writers and the producers. o_O

6. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

The Flash "True Colors"

What does the episode title have to do with anything?

I'm glad Barry is out of prison, but it strikes me as incredibly odd that they had to go through all of those supernatural hoops to "clear" him in the first place. The case itself was hardly rock solid. If you need a plastic guy to impersonate the dude you murdered with all of the evidence that Barry was actually framed in play, you might be a bad lawyer.

Speaking of Cecile, I just remembered something. Devoe now has psychic powers. I thought that was an insurmountable advantage until I remembered that Cecile just got them too. They better defeat Devoe before the baby comes. Because I think that will be the key.

Richard Brooks was so much fun when he was playing Ralph. The guy is so talented. He deserved a much bigger career than the one he got.

I was sad what happened to Hazard and the other prisoners, but it was inevitable. Simply because they found out Barry was the Flash, and anyone who ever does pretty much has to go. Amunet is very lucky she didn't get that far, or she'd be dead too.

Speaking of which, I'm wondering why Wolf didn't tell Amunet Barry was the Flash. That's something she probably would have wanted to know ahead of time, especially since he himself hinted she'd see Barry as valuable. The only reason I can think of is that the producers wanted to use her again, and if she learned the identity, she'd have to be killed off. But I assume she would have paid top-dollar for the Flash, if only to kill him rather than sell him. Wolf completely missed out on a huge financial opportunity.

I am unsure why Devoe still has psychic powers if he is in Hazard, but that's bad. If he can absorb the powers of everyone he takes over and keep them, we are in trouble. Hazard was probably the most powerful and useful Meta on that bus. The only hope Team Flash has is that when Devoe next switches bodies, that power doesn't switch over too. But it's the fact that he/she's still psychic which worries me.

Wasn't this the exact same judge who told Barry at sentencing that he had never seen a more heartless or coldblooded killer in all his time on the bench? In Central Freaking City? I hope he now feels precisely like the dumbass he is.

There should have been a last scene of Barry leaving his cell. Maybe there was, and it was deleted, and will be on the Blu-Ray, but just based on the fact that it was Henry's cell, and father and son had both carved their names on the same wall, there should have been wrap-up about that.

Fun episode. I'm glad Barry's out of jail. It wasn't too soon, and it didn't last too long. I was worried that he was going to be stuck there til the end of the season. I am mostly happy with that. ****.

7. hobbyfan

Not even Plastic Man could do that, either, although over at Marvel, Reed Richards did morph his face into that of one of the Mole Man's subhuman lackeys back in the 70's.

The whole idea of Barry leading the villains out struck me as odd, although trying to redeem Becky was a good idea. Now Becky's stuck with Devoe's mind in her body. This will not end well.

8. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

It's a logical extension of Ralph's stretching ability; albeit one that would require great concentration and fine control. I'm waiting for the explanation for how Ralph managed to match Wolfe's skin tone.

• Like Like x 1