"The Death of Superman" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Is it just me, or does his design look different from in past movies? It might just be smaller stuff, like the ears and belt, but they feel different...
I think mostly the gloves and belt changed. I think the emblem, patterns of the chest and stomach armor plating maybe, dropped the black elbow pad, and the ears seems a little curved now. The belt for instance you can see subtly changing around Bad Blood.

JL: War: image, image, image, image

SofB: image, image, image, image

JL: TofA: image

BvR: image, image, image, image

BBB: image, image, image, image

JL vs TT: image

JLD: image, image, image

I'm curious to see what Batman's design on Young Justice: Outsiders will look like. If Bourassa was working on both designs in concert, one might have influenced other a little.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,434 4
Lackawanna, NY
It is just me or is this turning a bit incestuous? Still, given the limitations of an animated movie with a less than 90-minute runtime, I can see some advantages in exploring background events that can't fit within the movie itself (especially the Superman/Wonder Woman/Lois Lane triangle).

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,012 8
DC Comics is rolling out a The Death of Superman digital comic series, which expands and follows up on events depicted in the animated feature. The first issue will be available August 1. For more details, click here.
I'm not too surprised with this given how Batman And Harley Quinn and Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay both also had tie in comics.