The current shows are ending

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by KombatMaster94, Jan 6, 2018.

1. KombatMaster94

KombatMaster94 Active Member

I'm just hoping Marvel cartoons still get made on TV.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Sad to hear that season three will be the last. I thought GotG was the strongest of the three current shows. :(

Although I wish Jeff Wamester the best at his new job. I'm curious to see what shows he'll work on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. KombatMaster94

KombatMaster94 Active Member

I heard Tom Perkins is leaving Marvel Animation too.

Can't wait to see the DC heroes in the USM style. As bad as the recent cartoons were, their biggest saving grace for me was their art style and designs. USM season 1 was where the art style looked the best.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I could easily see Jeff working on a DC property (like the Lego Justice movies) or a Scooby movie (when you have movies with the likes of James Tucker, Ethan Spaulding, and Ernie Altbacker on board, then you've got a strong team there).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cassidy

Cassidy New Member

I believe there is hope for other shows to come back now that the Marvel shows might be ending. There is a petition to get Marvel to appoint Craig Kyle President of Marvel Animation, he said that if this happens that he would bring back Wolverine and the X-Men and other shows.

I think that with Disney making their own streaming service, there would be a chance for older shows to come back.

Mod Note: Double Post merged. Please use the Edit button next time instead of posting multiple times in a row.

• Like Like x 1
    #146 Cassidy, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2018
  7. Rick Jones

Rick Jones fan-man
    Staff Member Moderator

Where is this bit of information coming from? I don't mean the petition. Where has Craig Kyle discussed bringing back old cartoons?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I honestly cannot recall Craig Kyle saying anything like that. The most I think he said he would love to continue the show if he had the chance, but some probably misunderstood that and got carried away with petitions and stuff. No offense to anyone, but I seriously doubt a petition asking for 100 signatures will convince Marvel to appoint Kyle as president of the animation department.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cassidy

Cassidy New Member

Here is the screenshot of the tweet and where he said this

The petitions worked for Young Justice, so I think it could work for this too. I think if there was enough people and superhero websites to get in on this I think it could work.

Double post merged. Please use the Edit button next time.

Attached Files:

#149 Cassidy, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018
  10. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

It wasn't the petitions that brought back Young Justice. It was a very strong social media campaign coordinated by Greg Weisman, Brandon Vietti, Khary Payton, and others, that took advantage of the show's second season being on Netflix. There's also the fact that the show had no rights issues, since WBA produced it and was owned by WB.

The other Marvel cartoons don't have any of those advantages.

• Like Like x 5
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Steve Hulett posted an updated blog. This time it says the current shows are "wrapping up", and they're informed Marvel Animation will be going into "hibernation".

Again, it might not be completely accurate, but I figured it should be pointed out. Keep in mind there's still enough material from the current series to air throughout next year as well. At this point, we've only seen half a Season of Guardians, so there's more to come.

We also kind of know they're still writing for an episodic Spider-Man project (whether it's a new Season or a new show altogether will probably be determined later on). And still no word on Marvel Rising...

• Like Like x 4
    #151 RoyalRubble, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  12. Rick Jones

Rick Jones fan-man
    Staff Member Moderator

If Marvel's animation studio does go into hibernation, it makes me wonder of the possibility of future Marvel animation being handled at other studios. The last project that was said to be in development was Moon Girl, and that one was supposed to a collaboration between Lawrence Fishburne's production company and Titmouse.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Come to think of it, they did tease a Japanese studio will be working on Marvel Rising. So the idea of Marvel doing collaborations or just letting other studios work on their future shows is possible, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think the idea that Marvel will go back to outsourcing their animation for future projects is better then the thought of Marvel totally stopping in the production of cartoons :sweat:.

I mean, we know about Moon Girl, though that seems like a special case...

• Like Like x 1
  15. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

If this is true then to me this is great news cause that studio needs to merge.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Cassidy

Cassidy New Member

I’m hoping that if this happens, I hope we would have older Marvel shows airing more often like they used to do on Disney XD about 9 years ago. I hope that Marvel will realize that fans want better shows them what is being put out now.

• Like Like x 2