"The Avengers: Infinity War" Pre-Release Discussion Part Two (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

1/9: On second thought, maybe he's led to believe some legend about Jarnborn being the only thing that can destroy the Infinity Gauntlet and stop Thanos.

1/15: A Disneyland Paris commercial has a good look at the new IM armor.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That sounds like Mick Wingert, the current voice for cartoon Iron Man, and his bad RDJ impersonation :p.

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

New synopsis released:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, that's certainly a tense and dire synopsis :eek:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

1/17: Hemsworth confirms Jeremy Renner, Benicio del Toro, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, and more will be in the movie.

Concept art of the upgraded Mark XLIV.

1/18: Joe Russo says Steve Rogers will be the spirit of the character Nomad.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So, basically, you can think of him as Nomad right up until he takes the helmet and shield back up again ;).

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

The prequel comic came out today. Some plot developments:

* It opens up with a recap of Civil War. As shown by the post-credit scene, Black Panther makes peace with Cap and Bucky and offers to help undo the brainwashing. Shuri is the leading scientist on the project, and says that it is difficult since erasing the brainwashing from Zola could potentially erase Bucky's entire mind as well.

* Right after the initial conversation with T'Challa, Steve heads back to the Raft and frees his teammates. Hawkeye tells the team he's officially done with superhero business and returns to the farm with his wife and kids. Ant-Man also leaves, and returns to San Francisco, where he is seen with his daughter. Scarlet Witch is the last to depart, and she is seen somewhere in Europe with the Vision, who now has a blonde human form (as seen in the trailer).

* Many months later, Shuri finally makes a breakthrough and believes she has found away to erase HYDRA's triggers without harming Bucky. Bucky is still left in hibernation for now. We then find out that the remaining members of Cap's team are not living in asylum in Wakanda as many thought, and T'Challa does not know where they are. In Syria, Steve, Falcon and Black Widow defeat a group of terrorists who were planning to use reverse-engineered Chitauri weaponry (much like in Spider-Man: Homecoming), and Steve says that it's time to move on to their next mission. They seem to still be traveling the world and stopping bad guys under the radar.

* It ends back at Avengers HQ, where Tony remembers the conversation from Age of Ultron where he justified Ultron's creation by saying that there is a much greater threat somewhere in space headed for the Earth. Tony says that the Accords business distracted him, and that this is the danger he needs to be focusing. He then says that he can't count on Steve and the others to help him after everything that has happened, and that he needs to find away to defeat this threat himself. It then shows a holographic image of the new armor he is seen sporting in the Infinity War trailer.

Part 2 is out next month, and it sounds like it's dealing with Doctor Strange's role in all this.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm...

So...Clint and Scott can just go back to their families, no fuss? I guess Clint's family is off the grid, but still :confused:.

It's almost becoming a running gag that Hawkeye keeps trying to retire, but can't :p.

I wonder if Vision's human form is a hologram or if he's found some way to construct a human body for himself o_O?

And I'm guessing he's done with The Avengers and the Accords if he's going to settle down with Wanda in Europe. Too bad the Black Order are going to ruin their romantic getaway :crying:.

Sounds like Steve, Sam, and Natasha have gone full-on Secret Avengers :cool:.

I guess Tony did kind of completely forget about his vision in Age of Ultron, unless that played a part in his concern with the Accords. Although with Steve on the run, Rhodey down, Vision AWOL, and Peter doing his own thing, Tony really is kind of on his own :ack:.

9. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Assuming the comic remains canon and all that, that seems like a surprising amount of info. One would hope that this all gets mentioned in the movie in some capacity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I thought it was weird how they showed Steve still wearing the Cap uniform during the breakout even though they were clearly trying not to show what his uniform looked like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Marvel Canada announced a sneak peek at 9 pm EST during tonight's episode of The Launch on CTV.

EDIT: No new footage. Those Canucks hosed us. ;)

Glad to see this Prelude comic is going to be new material. Hmm, we know Strange has been keeping an eye on 'trespassers' like Odin. Be neat to see a more colorful encounter in #2.

EDIT: Found an interview with Pilgrim about the Prelude. He says #2 mostly led by Strange and Wong shortly after "Dr. Strange". It addresses how Strange advances in his role as Master of the New York Sanctum as he learns more about the Infinity Stones.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

A look at Thor's new weapon via the toys.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It kind of still looks like a hammer from that image :p.

14. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Or Scarlet Witch did that for him. I'm really curious about Wanda's power set and Strange's in comparison. Or maybe they should leave it till the merger completes. As they could use Agatha Harkness.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm sure Rocket will be proud :p.

• Like Like x 1
  17. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

According to actress, Van Camp Sharon Carter (Agent 13), may not be in Avengers IW or untitled sequel:

https://amp.cinemablend.com/news/23...vengers-infinity-war-according-to-the-actress

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

18. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

So, in the end, her character was entirely pointless to Steve's arc.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

1/27: Trailer confirmed for Super Bowl.

Supposedly Fury and Hill aren't in IW either but are in 4. So for Sharon the same case could be in play. Plus, I believe she's on the TV show "The Resident" that films in Atlanta so...

2/1: First look at some figures, Steve's got his new shield.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm guessing Steve has to bring the two gauntlet's together to form the shield. Reminds me of Hydra Captain America's shield which could split in two :ack:.

I'm honestly kind of surprised they didn't go for the energy shield...