The Animated Mario Movie Is Officially A Go

Discussion in 'Toonzone News Comments' started by peter-paltridge, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Ay Carumba
    Staff Member Moderator

2. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Noble, graceful, scornful.

As long as this animated Mario movie is better than the live-action one.

3. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As many freak out over Illumination handling this project, I remain confident that Nintendo will see to it that the adaptation will be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

If they use actual voice actors here is my ideal cast--

Mario - Charles Martinet (or Carlos Alazraqui)
    Luigi - Eric Bauza
    Princess Peach - Kari Wahlgren
    Bowser - Kevin Michael Richardson
    Princess Daisy - Jessica DiCicco
    Yoshi - Lauren Tom
    Kirby - Tara Strong
    Toad - Ben Deskin
    Toadette - Natalie Lanter
    Wario - John Dimaggio
    Waluigi - Keith Ferguson
    Roselina - Laura Bailey
    Pauline - Grey Delisle
    King Boo - Jim Pirri
    Donkey Kong - Fred Tatasciore
    Diddy Kong - Jeremy Shada

Make it happen

#4 Troy Troodon, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  5. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

How well could this movie actually do? Illumination has been notorious for it's movies in popularity and box office, and Mario is a pretty popular franchise....

6. jaylop97

jaylop97 Nickelodeon Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think the movie will be fine with Illumination, however even as big as Mario is the only thing I worry for is how big will the movie do overall, since most Video Game movies don't really do to well, Ratchet and Clank being a prime example of this, but then again Angry Birds did well, so there is that.

7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

With Illumination’s low budgets and track record of success, Universal’s marketing tactics, and the fact that it’ll star the most well known video game character of all time, I think this film will do pretty well (and that’s an understatement).
    I’m thinking it could make a billion at the global box office, but even just half of that would be considered a big success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Nicktoons Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Some have noted that Illumination recycles character models a lot. On one instance two or three times in the same scene. However since a lot of characters look the same (Toads, Goombas, Koopa Troopa's) that won't be a problem here.

9. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

I don't feel that I'm "freaking out" exactly, but, while I won't say "selling out", I do think that Nintendo is making a big mistake. Even the three animated series by DIC, while having pop culture references, and in the case of the first series pop songs, never really tried to parody the games (either way, pop culture references were never the all or end of those shows, plus the pop songs were mostly just background music, with no direct involvement in the show). What's to say this movie wouldn't be just another parody/tribute, especially one that doesn't know what it's talking about?

What's more, even if it were to look exactly like the games, there's still a chance that it could be even worse than the live-action movie ever was. The Ratchet and Clank movie...still felt like Ratchet and Clank to me. However, I understand that when T.J. Fixman wrote the Ratchet and Clank movie, much of his script had been rewritten by the movie's director, which might explain why that one failed.

In any case, I really hope that Nintendo knows what they're doing. I really do. Oh, and please don't mention The Peanuts Movie. That was one thing, this is another.