The Amazing Race: Toon Zone - Leg #7

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by TimTwoFace, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

I think I remember Tim mentioning something about a no-holds-barred Jello wrestling match...

2. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

If they don't make it to the pit stop, I'll look at which team had progressed the least; if everyone ends up bunched at Checkpoint D, for example, I will then see who took the longest to get there.

That said, I'm extending this leg for the entire week. I did this primarily because some life issues have popped up that I need to deal with - meaning that I won't be able to dedicate much time to the race this week. Besides, it looks like a couple of teams still need some time. :)

Good luck, guys - keep on plugging away. I'll check back as soon as I can!

-Tim

3. Colin

What the?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! GAH!!!

Well, can you at least let the teams know individually what their times were? All this waiting is ridiculous now... if they can't get it now, what are the odds that they ARE going to get it with the extra week? BOOO-urns! BOOO-urns!

4. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Oh for crying out loud Tim, if they can't answer the question now they aren't going to EVER.

5. Captain Zechs

Captain Zechs Active Member

Well...we haven't gotten it yet, but then again no time has been added up, as we haven't worked on it, because we r both lazy, im sure we will get it sometime this week...

6. Colin

Erm... you do realize that if you submit the answers to tim, tim replies to you that you've gotten it wrong and you read that reply, the clock is ticking again, right?

...and on an aside, why are we rewarding laziness in this game? The challenge should have ended, but instead we are going ahead and helping out people who just couldn't be bothered? Hell, had I known I was going to have 2 weeks to work on the challenge I wouldn't have fussed so much over it on Friday night! this is completely not fair.

7. Lord Dalek

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

8. Captain Zechs

Oh no im quite sure, i haven't read the reply yet because the answers i sent him were wrong, and I know that, we got A-D right not E, and I sent bogus answers to stop the clock...so yeah were fine for now ;)

9. Lord Dalek

That's very clever, shame you had to tell everyone.

10. Captain Zechs

hehehe the clever part hasn't even come into play, i have a huge plan for this game, and it will effect every player around us

11. Colin

Until you get eliminated, and then your "huge plan" will have been all for naught...

Why should any team be worried about you guys if you can't even finish a challenge on time? Doesn't seem like much of a threat to me.

12. Captain Zechs

Meh thats cause I dont care. I could care less if I got eliminated, I just do this for fun. I really make my teammate do all the work (yes Cool i know you are reading this :p)> whether we pass this leg or not doesn't matter to me. If we do get eliminated ill just pass the info to some other team, so oh well. So as you can tell i dont care if my plan comes into play or doesn't.

13. TimTwoFace

Maybe so, but when real life issues like this get in the way, I need to focus on them, unfortunately. As much as I'd like to keep the game running at a good pace, this is what I had to do to deal with what life's thrown my way this week.

And on another note, we have had another team make it to the pit stop. Two to go!

-Tim

14. Weatherman

Weatherman Space...not what it used to be
    Staff Member Reporter

I'd appologize for not spending every waking minute playing a game on an online forum, but I'm not sorry. Me and my [artner get to the questions as life permits us to. We're not being "lazy" thank you. We're simply not sitting on TZ all night.

15. Colin

Well, if that's the case, then you just put the game on hold for the week. You don't extend the challenge. We already knew that the team that would have made it past the checkpoint was going to need the time to continue before heading into the next leg anyway, so why bother allowing both teams the advantage when no other team had that advantage? It's not fair to those teams who actually found the time to work on and complete the challenge.

Weather- the laziness comment was not directed towards you. It was actually directed towards Zechs who more than openly admitted that him and his partner were being lazy when it comes to the challenges and answering them whenever they felt like it, along with purposely stopping the clock and progressing through the challenge when they felt. That's the kind of behavior in the game that should not be tolerated. There's no reason to get all snippy about "not spending every minute on the game." I know very well what's involved in running these games as well as playing them. You're preaching to the choir about "not sitting on TZ all night" ...how many times have I said I'd like to be around more but can't. Plus, when I am at TZ I spend more time doing Mod work than anything else. So, for me to be able to find time to work on the challenge when I have bigger and better responsibilities to be taken care of is something... I know all those people waiting for a name change would have rather I'd take care of them instead of working on "a silly game" but you do things as you see fit with the time, and I'll get to those name changes in due time, just like you get to the challenges in due time. However, when you are given a deadline for something, more often than not, it's the deadline you need to stick to. There's no stopping deadlines in real life. Very rarely do deadlines get pushed back... more often than not, you miss a deadline, you feel the repercussions.

16. Weatherman

Weatherman Space...not what it used to be
    Staff Member Reporter

Fair enough, but I did feel that comment was somewhat directed at me because me and my partner tend to be slow. We're doing out fastest, honest.

17. TimTwoFace

Annnnd TIME!

Thanks for everyone's patience this week; I didn't originally intend for this leg of the race to drag on for TWO weeks, but you know how real life things pop up and take priority.

That said, here are our official standings for this leg:

LEG 7 RESULTS
    1) Colin/Guinaevere
    1hr 10min

2) daffy dork/Bearpod91
    1hr 31min

3) AuroraSzalinski/Javeman
    2hr 39min

4) Kury Wagner/Lord Dalek
    2hr 44min

5) Otacon/Pupmon 4.0
    2hr 57min

6) Red Giant/Weatherman
    23hr 51min

7) Mr Cat Dog/Kinel Ozoa
    41hr 24min

The previous seven teams made it to the pit stop. Some did it amazingly quick (Colin/Gwen did it all on their first try), some used the Fast Forward (like Otacon/Pupmon), and some took their sweet time - but in the end, you all made it. Great job!

The following two teams have not yet made it to the pit stop; they are currently trying to unlock the crazy mathematical question that is necessary in order to access the pit stop.

-MahouShoujo13/LightShadow1980
    8hr 48min

-Captain Zechs/CoolSSJEnergy
    23hr 2min

As this was an elimination leg, I have to eliminate one of you this time around; as you are both at the exact same place in the game, the time it took you to get this far is the tie breaker.

As such, Captain Zechs...CoolSSJEnergy...I hate to tell you that you both have been eliminated from The Amazing Race: Toon Zone.

Mahou and LightShadow, you were lucky this time; as this leg is incomplete, you will not be recieving any points for getting this far. You may still participate in the upcoming leg, but before you do, you must finish the leftover questions for Leg #7. Good luck!

As for everyone else, check your inboxes within the next 12 hours; the new questions will be sent to you within that time.

-Tim

18. Captain Zechs

19. Colin

YAY!!!! Gwen & I rock! :D

20. Daffy Dork

Daffy Dork Active Member

Second Place?

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooo!