Teletoon News! Spider-Man is coming!

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Mr. Eye, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

Teletoon News!

This is what they had to say at their site, in the post office section:

"You will be happy to know that as of Saturday, September 1st, we will be featuring some great cartoons from days past, every night from 9 to 10pm (repeat at 1am). So get ready for the return of Fantastic Four, The Classic Spider-Man Series, as well as all time favourites such as the Road Runner Show and Scooby Doo Where are You? For more details, please consult the TV section of the site near the end of August for show times and info."

YES!!!!!! But by classic Spider-Man, they better mean the 90's one, and not the 60's one.

Mr. Eye

2. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

It better not be the 60's Spider-Man...although the theme song re-done by the Ramones was pretty cool :)

3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Master of the Force

OMG, if they're bringing back the 90s version I will love Teletoon forever! I totally miss that show ever since YTV dumped it. I've been itching to see it again.

I've never seen the Fantastic Four series, can someone tell me a bit about it? (When was it made? Is it any good?)

4. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

The FF series was made in 1994 and lasted through 1996, only two seasons. It aired as part of thr Marvel Action Hour i nsyndication. Quite a few people here liked it.

Mr. Eye

5. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

"classic" denotes an older Spider Man so my money is on they will be showing the 60s series.

Scooby Doo Where are you? This is supposed to be GOOD NEWS?

6. Leaping Larry Jojo

Leaping Larry Jojo Searching for a map

I'm pretty sure Fox Kids is airing Spider-Man again. The 90s one.

(BTW, Am I the only one here who digs the 60s Spidey? I mean, it ain't a classic, but it sure is funny...)

7. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

HB also did an FF series in the late '60s. Afraid that children would light themselves on fire and they'd get sued, HB dumped the Human Torch and replaced him with H.E.R.B.I.E the Robot. Supposed to be truly awful. I'll bet it's this and the Spider-Man and his Friends show (with the Aussie Wolverine), not the '90s ones.

Just as well. It ain't fair Canada should have such an ubercool cartoon network when I'm stuck with endless Scooby-Doo.

8. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

More insight as to what Teletoon will be airing come this fall. Here's an exceprt of what they said in the interactive scetion of their site:

"Note that we will be introducing new episodes every weekend starting September 8! In addition, this fall, we are going "retro" with shows, like Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk and the Classic Spider-Man Series, that many remember with great fondness from their childhood. For more details, please consult the TV section of the Web site at the end of August. "

I guess it won't be the 90's version of Spidey after all.......

Mr. Eye

9. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Teletoon is cool. Aside from that we'll be getting DILBERT episodes not seen in the US, as well as HOME MOVIES, plus a more episodes of THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS. They said they had more shows coming in January, possibly some green heroes which I hope means TMNT. PLus they're getting rights to more CARTOON NETWORK shows which I hope will include JL sometime down the line, and it's very possible. TELETOON just got the rights to SHEEP IN THE BIG CITY and MIKE, LU, & OG - a coupel of th enewest CN shows. And this RETRO TELETOON thing sounds cool. I've only seen bits and peices of the 60s Spidey cartoon, and I'd like to see more of it.

10. Nelson

Nelson KrAzY KaT has been found

What cartoon channel is this ??????
    Is this a new cartoon channel?

11. James Harvey

TELETOON is a 24 hour Canadian cartoon channel that has everything from kiddie stuff to heavy adult stuff. SHows rage from SCOOBY-DOO to SPAWN. Gret channel. Check out it's website at www.teletoon.com

12. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

Well it turned out to be the Spider-Man series from the 60's, Here's some of Teletoon's new shows and airdates. which was tekn from their web site:

SPIDER-MAN from 1960 (Friday to Monday at 9PM and 1AM),
    Fantastic Four from 1978 (Friday to Monday at 9:30PM and 1:30AM),
    The Incredible Hulk from 1966 (Starts November 17th. Friday to Monday at 9:30PM and 1:30AM),
    Scooby Doo Where Are You? (Tuesday to Thursday at 9PM and 1AM) and
    The Road Runner Show (Tuesday to Thursday at 9:30PM and 1:30AM).

Also, they picked up Tiny Toon Adventures.

Mr. Eye

13. BourgeoisBuffoon

BourgeoisBuffoon Shouldn't I Be Melting Now...?

So this channel shows EVERYTHING? 24 Hours?

Now THIS is a cartoon station I'd like to have! If only I was in Canada....you guys are lucky with all the uncut shows you get....(B.B. thinks of the Simpsons as he types this....)

14. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

Bad news concerning the Simpsons :( . I can't find it anywhere on their new schedule.

Mr. Eye

15. BourgeoisBuffoon

BourgeoisBuffoon Shouldn't I Be Melting Now...?

No Simpsons?! I may not get Teletoon, but I know that would be a dumb thing to do. I'm sure Our Favorite Family would get high ratings anywhere it goes. Any reason why it got the boot?

16. Nightflower

Nightflower Floral Mod Extraordinaire

It might be because Teletoon has a contract that it has to play a certain percentage of Canadian cartoons.

17. James Harvey

According to the email Teletoon sent me, the Simpsons is staying. They didn't say anything else, unfortunatly. SImpsons better stay on there! They have it at the best times!

18. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

Yeah but now they are allowed to play more foreign stuff. Plus why would they take on of their highest rated shows of the air?

Mr. Eye

19. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

They better bring it back! For the whole month of September it's not on their schedule. You're right though. It was on at the most conveniant times. I always watched the 11:00 showing before I went to sleep.

Mr. Eye

20. James Harvey

I'm emailing Teletoon about this again. It's possible it's off after Aug. 31st temporarily, and will return later. They say it'll remain, but things change quickly...