"Teen Titans Go! To The Movies" Theatrical Feature Pre-Relase News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by CoolEric158, Sep 25, 2017.

1. disneyphilip

disneyphilip Member

Here's my prediction of what the plot of the movie will be:

Considering the film's title and poster, it seems to imply that the Titans will be travelling to Hollywood.

Due to the satirical nature of the show, I can see the movie being very meta with a lot of fourth wall breaking, jabs at the entertainment industry and parodies of classic movies and movie tropes.

As for the plot itself, I can see it being about the Titans (in what could end up being their most sympathetic portrayals in the series to date) getting so fed up with the haters, the internet "critics" bashing them, being disliked by so many, etc. and wanting to be loved for who they are, they decide to make a movie about themselves emphasizing their more redeeming and sympathetic qualities in an attempt to gain more respect and prove everyone wrong and they travel to Hollywood to get their movie into production and encounter obstacles and challenges along the way that will REALLY raise the stakes for them.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Idol Time Countdown!

This would be a really funny movie if it did happen!

• Like Like x 1
  3. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

5. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It sounds like something the Titans would do as well.

According to Steve Hullet, the WBA set up a separate crew to handle production on the movie while the main one works on the show.

http://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2017/09/work-around-town.html?m=1

I hope he’s been misinformed about the movie’s runtime being 70 minutes. That’s pretty short for a theatrical film.

Also, I’m a little annoyed how this movie comes out in July, and hasn’t had a teaser, yet Smallfoot which comes out two months later, already has one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Not quite as out-there as I expected, but it still sounds like it has potential. I'm still curious what the art style is going to be in comparison to the show, because put simply, Flash isn't going to cut it and I think the people involved are aware of this too.

It does sound like it's still going to go for the parody type of approach, similar to many episodes of the series, which considering the superhero movie landscape I can see being welcomed. I mean, really note that the synopsis describes Robin as a "de facto leader" and the antagonist as a "seriously super villain".

7. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

I was hoping that villain would be Slade, but Will Arnett is probably voicing the villain, and I don't want anyone else but Rob Pearlmen voicing Slade, let it be some other character.

8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. TheGreatOne2

TheGreatOne2 Active Member

I do not know why wb is releasing this to theaters. This should be screened at SDCC 2018 then released to digital/bd/dvd since this movie comes out about the same time as SDCC 2018

10. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

I'll agree that this doesn't exactly scream: "Major tentpole release!" Who knows? If it doesn't look promising to the suits then it might find itself as a direct-to-video release instead of going to theaters.

11. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

They are probably releasing it to theaters because it will be super cheap to make and make them a LOT of money they wouldn't get if it was only DTV. I see the logic of it.

12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's the poster for the movie:

And the trailer will be released tomorrow.

13. Toon4Thought

That "internet marketing rule" line made me laugh pretty hard, as did the poster tagline. It's very clear that this film will be a full-on parody of superhero movies, which I think is very much warranted given the current superhero film landscape. And that alone is making me genuinely look forward to this movie.

Still curious about the animation though. I think that little video used clips from the show (note the lip sync doesn't even remotely match), but the poster seems to use the same designs of the show albeit marginally more polished. Again, the only Flash animated films I'm aware of are the first two Equestria Girls films, and even those were meant for TV and only got limited releases.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

I wonder if CN is going to air the trailer tomorrow.

15. Toon4Thought

Me and a lot of people I am talking to are having a field day with the inevitable, often irrational hate this is getting BTW.

People really should just focus on what they do like as opposed to worrying about something like this. I mean, if they don't like the show, the movie definitely won't appeal to them, and if it has a clear crowd they aren't a part of why should they care?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm excited to finally see what the character animation will look like. I really hope it's a step up from the show.
    Even if it's not, I'll still see it anyway. My baby neice loves the show, so me and my sister are going to take her to see it.

17. Toon4Thought

I agree. I highly doubt they'd use the Flash from the show in a film that was intended for theaters (Equestria Girls wasn't), and the little clip embedded above appears to reuse footage from the show.

18. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

...Okay a few things.
    Firstly; why does the poster look better than the teaser? I don't even mean that as an insult it really does look nice if a bit jarring considering what I have to say next. Secondly; speaking of the teaser...that was awful. I know it's just a teaser...for a teaser, but still the lip sync was horrid and amateurish especially for a major animated film released by one of the biggest movie companies in the world. Thirdly; please tell me the animation isn't indicative of what the movie is going to look like, because if it is...that might just be the worst thing TTG and Warner Bros animation in general has done, by far. I doubt it, but I do have my reasons to worry.

19. Toon4Thought

I'm extremely sure the teaser teaser (not a typo) just took footage from the show and hastily tried to make it fit the dialogue; was likely rushed out at the last minute to generate hype. Still, doesn't change your point that it's not the best first impression for something meant to be this big.

But I am close to positive it's not indicative of what the animation in the film will be like. WB and DC both likely know better to use Flash for a film meant for theaters.

20. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

It doesn't look like it's from the show, but more like they took a character puppet and rigged it overnight.

As for Warner Bros, in general they're not exactly in my good graces at the moment and I wouldn't put it past them to try to cut costs and corners and just use the same program they used for the show. BUT I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, if nothing else I want it to look nice because 2D theatrical animation is something the Hollywood landscape needs more of.

• Agree Agree x 1