"Teen Titans Go! To The Movies" Theatrical Feature Pre-Relase News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by CoolEric158, Sep 25, 2017.

1. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Oh. Okay then.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The discussion might be on another page at this point for me to just say I am surprised a move like this has happened and that being all for that. Regardless it is impressive TTG has gotten to the point of reaching a movie.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm starting to be a little suspicious over the fact that this movie got announced right after the weekend where Lego Ninjago underperformed at the box office. Maybe their hoping the TTG movie will be more of a crowd pleasing tongue-in-cheek parody that people enjoyed like the Lego Batman movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Does the timing really matter?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Action!

Action! Active Member

Are you freaking kidding me? This show completely sucks. This is going to be a Box office flop.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Just have TeamFourStar working on this and Done Deal.

7. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

I hope it's something original and not 90 minutes of bashing the critics.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Will Arnett and Kristen Bell will also have roles in the movie.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Geez, all but like one or two of the comments on there are being quite brutal towards this. C'mon, how bad could it even realistically get, I mean really?

Also, Will Arnett is totally going to be Batman, I'm calling it right now.

10. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I like the title!

This movie will be a testament to all who hate the show that the show is actually popular, and not getting good ratings "because they air it all the time".
    If it does good, that is. But it has a better chance of doing better than Lego Ninjago or the MLP movie, simply because it gets a lot of airtime, and it's not targeted specifically to one gender.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

I mean, MLP also gets a lot of airtime, it's just on a channel that no one cares about. I think literally more people watch that on Netflix at this point.

But yeah, people really do need to understand that if the show didn't have a fanbase, then literally what reason would they even have to over play it?

12. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

I'm perfectly willing to admit that TTG! has a fan base. I'm just not part of it. The box office for the My Little Pony movie doesn't look impressive until we factor in a small production budget that the movie probably made back in its opening weekend. If the studio doesn't spend a lot of money then the feature doesn't need to make a lot in order to be a success.

13. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I really hope so and make reference to how TTG he never talks because they don't want to pay "celebrity fees" or something like that.

I will admit if this movie can actually be cleverly meta like some episodes of the show (better then most that actually mock the show) and actually mock current kids movies and the Teen Titans legacy then this could actually be fairly funny. And honestly I think it actually does have a better shot of being successful then MLP. Since it seems like it's coming more in the show's prime popularity while an honest to goodness MLP movie probably would of worked better like... in seasons 2-4 of that series when it was at it's cultra zeigeist not season 7 when it's only doing well for the network it's on. TTG is still being obviously hyped up and promoted plus honestly having a super hero brand name does count pretty highly now so it could do solid and hopefully you know be solid.

14. Otaku-sempai

Don't count out My Little Pony: The Movie. It's box-office isn't spectacular, but it will make a profit. The film as already done $12.5 million domestically and about $17 million adding in its world-wide business--and that is before this weekend. MLP will probably clean up in the home video market. And as of today the movie's worldwiide box office is estimated at $26 million.

I am sure that Warner Bros. is hoping for more substantial results for a Teen Titans Go! movie, but I doubt that it will come anywhere close to Lego Movie numbers, or even Lego Batman numbers.

#74 Otaku-sempai, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  15. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

According to one site, the MLP movie's budget was nearly $30 million, so it has to make more than double that at the box office. Of course, pre-sales could be a huge factor, by selling distribution and streaming rights before the movie comes out could cover a huge chunk of the budget.

As for the TTG movie, I see it doing at least as good as Lego Ninjago is doing, and will likely be produced at half the budget, the same amount as MLP.

16. Otaku-sempai

I can't say that I trust that figure as last I knew Hasbro has declined to reveal the budget for the My Little Pony movie. However, it might be possible that $30 million might represent the combined production and advertising budgets. I would want to see some confirmation of that before I would accept it though. I've been relying on the estimate from this piece in Cartoon Brew:

"...the budget for this film was tiny. Hasbro has declined to release any figures, but based on wide-ranging data for similar films – and the fact that it was financed in-house by Hasbro – it looks like a $5-8 million production. For comparison, The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature opened with almost the same amount yet that film cost $40M to produce."

Given the short length of a typical 11-minute TTG! segment, I'll make a guess: take the budget for one segment and multiply that by ten It might be higher, but I think I'm being generous.

EDIT - 10/18: Okay, I've seen the memo that alleges a roughly $30 million budget for MLP:TM. If that is indeed accurate (and I still wonder if that figure includes the advertising budget) then the movie might not show a profit from the theatrical run. It will still make money when it hits the home video and download markets.

#76 Otaku-sempai, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  17. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

I like that the Twitter announcement actually credited the main actors (and before the celebrities at that). I think this movie could be interesting. It'd be great if the film just decided to spoof superhero films in general.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope it spoofs ANIMATED movies in general.
    Even though the Scary Movie spin-off films were awful, I'm sad they never made an Animated Movie version to riff on all the tropes you see in animated films. This would be right up TTG's alley.

19. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

As much as Teen Titans Go! is really popular being the Next SpongeBob SquarePants, but Teen Titans Go! getting a movie so surprised me, I'll enjoy it:D.

The Loud House getting a movie, awesome!!!!

20. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Idol Time Countdown!

I may have mentioned this before, but I think the movie will flop. Why? Not because of the animation style, but because most of the viewers for this show are toddlers and not in the target audience. I have only seen ONE person in the target audience who likes this show, and everyone else who I've seen watching it or wearing the shirts are toddlers. On a now-defunct site, this show actually beat out Doc McStuffins and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood in ratings, and was in the top 5 with stuff like Paw Patrol. Movies about franchises popular with or aimed at toddlers usually tend to flop (see The Oogieloves and the Sesame Street movies), so I wouldn't be surprised if it bombed.
    And about My Little Pony bombing, the whole box office that weekend was terrible because of a major incident that happened the week before, leaving nobody in a good mood to see a movie. And to make matters worse, it got reviews criticicising it because people did not understand what it was about and just shrugged it off as a saccharine toy commercial, similar to what happened to the first Yu-Gi-Oh movie.

• Agree Agree x 1