Teen Titans Go! "The Titans Show" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 5, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this "Teen Titans Go!" episode

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network! Check out the 5th and final part of the special 5-days long Island Adventures event!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "The Titans Show"
    Episode Debut - August 5th, 2016
    Written by: Ben Gruber
    Directed by: Luke Cormican

The Titans try to get off the desert island but soon realize everything is not as it seems.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  2. ZanyLogic5

ZanyLogic5 Active Member

A good finale to the Island Adventure arc. I like it, especially the fight scene.

Loved that Mickey Mouse reference. Hope Disney doesn't sue them for it. Then again, they got away with showing other characters from different companies, so I doubt it.

Was that Slade at the end? This probably marks his first appearance in the series, other than being mentioned in "The Return Of Slade".

• Like Like x 2
  3. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Wow, great job linking all of the episodes together, and when the island turned out to be fake, I knew Control Freak was behind it. And yes there should be more action on the show, you are super heroes.

But the end, Slade appears at last, figured it would be an episode like this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. disneyphilip

disneyphilip Member

Such an epic conclusion to the Island Adventures arc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The meta stuff was awesome in this episode like the online comments. heh.

Yeah, that was a cool ending. Slade finally! But for a few seconds. Beggars can't be choosers I guess. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Action!

Action! Active Member

That was a good finale to the Island Adventure Event. Really good event.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

The Titans Show was awesome/enjoyable, an epic finale to the funny 5-part Island Adventures arc,

Robin linking all the episodes together was great/funny along with the island being fake.

The Mickey Mouse reference, hehehe.

Cool seeing Control Freak, him being the mastermind behind it was awesome/brilliant.

All the Teen Titans' supervillains(even the new ones) showing up, but cool seeing the H.I.V.E., Blackfire(yaaaaaay/nice to see her more), Terra, Ravager, Cinderblock, Plasmus, Mumbo, Mad Mod, the Magic God, the Mockingbirds, Vegetor, and the Evil Clown:D.

Seeing Robin suffer in the battle was sweet/well-deserved, hehehe.

Nice seeing the dinosaurs/cool alien bounty hunter.

Cool seeing the original DC supervillains in the end especially General Zod, Darkseid, Gorilla Grodd, Solomon Grundy, Sinestro, and Poison Ivy, sweet.

Cool to finally see Slade, yaaaaaaay:D:D, my favorite awesome sadistic DC supervillain, in the end.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #7 Radical, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty awesome way to end this Island Adventures story-line. I liked how they realized they did just about all they could on a deserted island and didn't drag this out longer. Control Freak being behind all this was a cool twist and the real-life parallels concerning the past few episodes were amusing.

Seeing the Titans fight most of their enemies was cool, it's nice to see them in action again since it's been a while from the last all-out battle this show had. Nice ending teaser as well, with other villains - most notably Slade! - appearing.

All in all, this was a fun event with some pretty cool surprises along the way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

It took nearly three full seasons of dislike comments but after a lot of meta episodes like "Let's Get Serious" "Return Of Slade" and "The Fourth Wall" I appreciate this episode at the very least pointed out the writer's more rational thoughts on hater: there are a lot of loud fans online talking about how they hate the show but it is honestly a small population of the fan base that doesn't really matter to the writers in the grand scheme of things. I'm not someone who loves the show but I admit this is a series with still a pretty massive fanbase and that the people who don't like the show don't make up the majority of it. And hey this one even points out people want to still see the Titans fight their villains and the actual battle and music played for it was rather good. I think the ending could of been stronger if they had Slade actually say something but eh maybe they can save him for a later episode where he tries to re-reboot the titans to their 2003 series but finds out there's either more fans for this series or they don't have the budget to do that or something like that but still solid ending for this mini series.

• Like Like x 2