Taz-Mania

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by AnimaniacNutso, Jun 30, 2018.

1. AnimaniacNutso

AnimaniacNutso Well-Known Member

Thought i'd create a thread for this due to the fact that all the episodes are legally available for the first time in nearly 2 decades (Though the first 26 episodes have been on DVD prior). It's on the Boomerang App. What do you think of the fact that the show is legally available in its entirety again and what are your memories of it?

2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

My memories are of watching the show way back in the day on Fox Kids, then watching (some of) it years later on In2TV.
    I'm so glad that Boomerang brought this show back. It's pretty underrated as a Looney Tunes spinoff and WB rarely gave it the love it deserved.

3. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

Knock on wood!

4. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I remember watching the show once in 2007, I really liked it, I only saw a few episodes.

It's going to be good to see the show again.

5. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Well-Known Member

Don't like it. Not crazy about WB comedies from that era.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. doglover44

doglover44 Member

It was a good show Jake was my favorite character

• Like Like x 1
  7. zlens

zlens Member

I really liked that show, I think it was kinda creative the creators went the opposite route when making a spinoff, instead of giving Taz offspring or nephews, creating parents and siblings for him.
    I'm very fond of it, besides being very funny most of the time, some of Taz family members were similar to mine.

It seems that the creators knew exactly what direction they wanted for the cartoon, unlike other looney tunes spinoffs, and it was pretty consistent, even animation wise (Wang did great work here, even freelance wasn't as bad as usual).

Probably the only flaws the show had, in my opiniĆ³n, was that it was too talky, I suppose that was to compensate Taz's lack of intelligible dialogue (and some overly sadistic moments, against Taz, but even those are funny too in a way).
    That never annoyed me (well except for an Axl Gator monologue), but I can see some didn't liked that aspect.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TeridaxXD001

TeridaxXD001 Member

Do you need to be a Boomerang subscriber? Cable providers in my area hate Boomerang for whatever reason.

I wish they'd just give it a proper, complete DVD release like they did with most of their other animated shows from that era. I haven't seen it since probably kindergarten or earlier, back when it was still on Fox.

9. AnimaniacNutso

AnimaniacNutso Well-Known Member

The Boomerang App is a standalone app. You dont need to be a subscriber to the channel

10. TeridaxXD001

TeridaxXD001 Member

I asked because the Disney XD app requires a subscription.