Taz-Mania

Latest News

AnimaniacNutso

Sep 4, 2017
Ratings
443 1
Thought i'd create a thread for this due to the fact that all the episodes are legally available for the first time in nearly 2 decades (Though the first 26 episodes have been on DVD prior). It's on the Boomerang App. What do you think of the fact that the show is legally available in its entirety again and what are your memories of it?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Mar 11, 2005
Ratings
1,543 8
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
My memories are of watching the show way back in the day on Fox Kids, then watching (some of) it years later on In2TV.
I'm so glad that Boomerang brought this show back. It's pretty underrated as a Looney Tunes spinoff and WB rarely gave it the love it deserved.

Feb 19, 2017
Ratings
I really liked that show, I think it was kinda creative the creators went the opposite route when making a spinoff, instead of giving Taz offspring or nephews, creating parents and siblings for him.
I'm very fond of it, besides being very funny most of the time, some of Taz family members were similar to mine.

It seems that the creators knew exactly what direction they wanted for the cartoon, unlike other looney tunes spinoffs, and it was pretty consistent, even animation wise (Wang did great work here, even freelance wasn't as bad as usual).

Probably the only flaws the show had, in my opinión, was that it was too talky, I suppose that was to compensate Taz's lack of intelligible dialogue (and some overly sadistic moments, against Taz, but even those are funny too in a way).
That never annoyed me (well except for an Axl Gator monologue), but I can see some didn't liked that aspect.

TeridaxXD001

Apr 5, 2018
Ratings
Do you need to be a Boomerang subscriber? Cable providers in my area hate Boomerang for whatever reason.

I wish they'd just give it a proper, complete DVD release like they did with most of their other animated shows from that era. I haven't seen it since probably kindergarten or earlier, back when it was still on Fox.

AnimaniacNutso

Sep 4, 2017
Ratings
443 1
Do you need to be a Boomerang subscriber? Cable providers in my area hate Boomerang for whatever reason.

I wish they'd just give it a proper, complete DVD release like they did with most of their other animated shows from that era. I haven't seen it since probably kindergarten or earlier, back when it was still on Fox.
The Boomerang App is a standalone app. You dont need to be a subscriber to the channel