"Tangled: The Series" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Tommy Lawson, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow. This will be the first Disney cartoon made for Disney Channel in a long time. I doubt this will migrate and become a Disney XD original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

Looking forward to this. All signs point to it being pretty good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It does sound quite promising and I like that it's going to be on Disney Channel. Maybe it will give me more of a reason to watch the channel again. Disney XD has more content that's more fun to watch, so something fun on Disney Channel proper would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

Yeah! Disney Channel needs to get back at the routine than doing some stupid sitcoms.

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Disney Channel has always had kid sitcoms, but they have been putting more focus on them over the years, to the point where they dominate the channel and their animated series are mainly for either Disney Junior or Disney XD. Having a nice balance of animated and live action series on Disney Channel again would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Let's hope this will be better than The Little Mermaid's animated series.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

I think it will be. Shoddy writing of cartoons of the 80s and early 90s seems to be a thing of the past by now, and the good cartoons as of late seem to be interested in delivering quality episodes with solid stories. The bad ones are random and inane, sure, but I don't see this being another Breadwinners, especially not when it'll air on Disney Channel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #88 Deebee, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  9. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Like I said before - the art - style looks pretty High Tier, if not God Tier (in my opinion). It's all going to come down to the writing - the core objective of THAT is that it should be able to reach more than just little girls (who I know is going to be the target audience for this, unfortunately.).

10. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Now what are the plots gonna consist of? Will they be traveling the countryside righting wrongs against the kingdom?

Sent from my LG G5 using Tapatalk

11. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn't have expected this show to be on Disney Channel, I bet they have high hopes for this show then or want to get trying to attract movie fans.

12. MPetitWPB

MPetitWPB Member

Wasn't there supposed to be a Tangled sequel as well in the future, I don't really remember?

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think I remember some statement about how a Tangled sequel could be possible from someone on the creative staff for the movie, but I don't think that there was any official statement about a sequel. I'm also not sure if the statement I'm thinking of came before or after the Tangled short showing Rapunzel and Eugene's wedding though.

14. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

The show being on main Disney Channel is a bit surprising . When would it air? The only non Disney Junior cartoons on main Disney Channel are short shows like Mickey Mouse. I figured that a tv show based on a Disney film based on a story would air on Disney Junior considering Sofia The First has had Disney Princess cameos from movies that have encores on Disney Junior.

15. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo
    Staff Member Moderator

New teaser trailer for the show.

I'm glad they're going to acknowledge the hair.

• Like Like x 3
    #95 ToonJay723, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  16. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That was a nice little trailer. It was short, but we got to see more of the character designs and they look pretty good. I'm also glad that they seem to be addressing the magical hair regrowing issue. Considering that scene in the movie is so important and emotional, just ignoring it by not addressing it in the show probably wouldn't work out too well. I always found it jarring whenever animated series based on animated movies were so loose with the continuity or disregarded it completely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I think the reason why tv shows based on movies tend to contradict a movie's established lore is because they want the show to stand on its own merits and not constantly be compared to the movies, hence why most movie to cartoon adaptations usually take a broad strokes approach if that makes any sense.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, that does make sense. I wouldn't mind it too much if the contradiction to the movies' established lore didn't make the show feel too jarring. Both The Emperor's New School and especially the All Dogs Go to Heave series were pretty loose with what was kept from the movie and what was ignored, which made both shows feel strange to me. I prefer more of the Aladdin approach where they do connect events back to the movie/reference back to the movie. That helps to make the series more connected to the movie, instead of just using name brand recognition for a show like some other TV series based on movies feel like.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

I'm so excited for this.

20. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

It's all going to come down to how well written this show is... Because like I said in the past, it looks good enough to be an actual hit, IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1