TALKBACK - We Bare Bears - "Hurricane Hal" - [1/12]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Gatordragon, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Time to break some hearts!

[​IMG]

Episode 96
    [​IMG]
    Fridays at 7:00p/6:00c!

Hurricane Hal
    Premieres
    FRIDAY at 7:00 PM

This week...
    Professor Lampwick covers how everything is connected when a storm rolls in while the Bears are separated. Grizz looks after the Poppy Rangers, Panda is stuck with Charlie in his car and Chloe and Ice Bear are in the city seeking a ride home.​

2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

It's "Clarence's Stormy Sleepover" chopped down to 11 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Spirit49

Spirit49 Member

I really liked this episode, each of the stories were very entertaining. This was my favorite episode of the night.

4. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

Nice to see Professor Lampwick again. I'm pretty surprised he has medium awareness (the ability to see the audience) and I quite enjoyed the theme of "everything's connected".

5. RainbowCupcake

RainbowCupcake New Member

I really liked this episode. I think a lot of good things are going on here. I liked how this episode was able to smoothly connect the three bear plots together, and the transitions between scenes were awesome! I thought all three stories were entertaining, but my favorite one would be Panda’s, frankly because I found the whole concept of Charlie inviting all of his animal friends into a tiny cramped car with Panda to be pretty funny. I don’t usually enjoy episodes with the Poppy Rangers, but even their plot with Grizz was decent. Although I found the idea of Wallace being blown away by the wind to be kind of far-fetched, I can buy it due to the show being a cartoon and because it ties into the whole kite thing. The Chloe/Ice Bear adventure was probably the weakest imo. I didn’t find it all that interesting plus there were some little things that I thought were implausible, even for a cartoon (like how Chloe and Ice Bear could climb a ladder with ease while wearing roller skates.) Before I finish my first impressions, I have to mention the whole side plot with Professor Lampwick; what was even the point of that? I never liked the character in the first place and I honestly would have enjoyed Hurricane Hal much more without the completely random inclusion of him. Nevertheless, I thought this episode was above average.

6. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

In today's episode we see wood scouts almost getting swept up by a storm, a young Korean girl and a Polar bear almost got run over by a subway train and a bunch of animals almost getting killed in a vehicular crash. All in a show about 3 bears living in San Francisco. God I love this show.

7. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Hurricane Hal (God Tier) - THIS is what should have been Season 3's finale, more than anything... I mean, let's consider what's in front of us here, all thanks to proper character development from all sides (as in BOTH MC's & side characters involved.).

Seriously, given the time Grizz, Panda, and Ice Bear have spent with Tabes + her scouts, Carlie, and Chloe respectively, it was only a matter of time before they truly began to properly bond in their own right. And thanks to this effort, they most certainly have.

Heck, even Lampwick (jerk-face that he is, IMHO) points it out better than I have (as narrator for this effort.): These bears and who they hang with? All connected quite well, from what's in front of us. Quite believably, too.

Without going too further deep here, this is what I come for when I watch WBB - and more of what I'm looking forward to as it goes on in Season 4.

8. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Simply, a fantastic episode. three stories that connected at the end. Makes for a great idea for a Simpsons Treehouse of Horror to do. Panda should no longer be afraid of snakes now, after one helped save his life.

9. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

So when do you think Chloe, Charlie, and Tabes are all going to meet each other? Heck, maybe even include Nom Nom.

10. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I think Tabes has given up on looking for Charlie, so those two meeting would be unlikely. It would be awesome for Chloe to meet Charlie, I think she'll meet Tabes first though. Nom Nom should never meet Charlie. Nom Nom would just see profit in exposing him to the world.

11. ToonsJazzLover

ToonsJazzLover Active Member

It was a pretty interesting episode, its plots having a connection to each other reminded me of 22 Films about Springfield and the Night of the Hurricane from the scene where all of the main characters from Seth MacFarlane's shows interacted with each other. I liked the plot with Chloe and Ice Bear the best, followed by Grizz's, and Panda and Charlie. It had some good interactions with the characters. I even enjoyed listening Lampwick - Chloe's evil professor narrating the whole thing.

Although, while the story was indeed fun to watch, I didn't know a hurricane can hit San Francisco.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. RainbowCupcake

RainbowCupcake New Member

I was thinking about this as well when watching the episode. It seems like California is really only affected by hurricane remnants (i.e. heavy rain) from time to time. So I guess the episode can still make sense with this in mind.

13. Robin44

Robin44 Active Member

Not a bad episode! I agree with I.R. This episode felt like definite season finale material, but for our season 3 finale we got a Christmas episode. W e l p.
    Anyway I really enjoyed how Panda finally likes the snakes and how Professor Lampwick returned, haven’t seen him since season 3’s earlier episodes! Chloe and Ice Bear’s Story was interesting and I sure am glad Ice saved her before she nearly died. And Grizz’s side, well, poor guy he seems he can’t put up with the hassle of taking care of the Poppy Rangers. XD

• Like Like x 1