TALKBACK - Unikitty! - "Lab Cat" - [2/23]

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Gatordragon

Frolicking in the flames
May 14, 2012
Ratings
3,210 4
The Land of Flowers

Episode 17

Friday at 6:30p/5:30c!

Lab Cat
Premieres
FRIDAY at 6:30 PM

This week...

When Dr. Fox's robot helpers go on strike, Unikitty and Puppycorn volunteer to be her research assistants. But as the mission grows dangerous, Dr. Fox is forced to choose between a scientific breakthrough, or saving her friends.​

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,855 10
Elizabeth,NJ
The episode description is actually wrong since no robot helpers were seen in the episode. Dr. Fox's love with the rocket was hilarious. And of course she's gonna choose friendship over science in the end, and was rewarded with her getting her comet-sample anyway.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,273 4
Framingham, MA
Unikitty “Lab Cat”

Bold prediction: Hold my feet to the fire over this if I’m wrong. I could be. Seriously, feel free to rub my nose in it if I am. But I suspect that within two years this show is going to be as widely despised by fanboys as Teen Titans Go! is right now.

Don’t believe me? It has the exact same problems that show had at the beginning. Shockingly, people will not remember that the initial responses to Teen Titans Go were widely favorable. It was cute and funny and a little over the top.

And it started OUT a little over the top. But they foolishly decided that they should keep upping the ante in horrible behavior and extreme humor, more and more every episode, and it got to the point where a large part of the later seasons are absolutely unwatchable. This isn’t Unikitty quite yet. But this episode shows the exact same trajectory. Like an episode from midway through TTG’s first season, it’s not overly offensive... yet. But it’s definitely more extreme than how the show started off, and it keeps getting more and more-so every week. That’s this episode.

Hold me to that prediction, folks. If I’m wrong, I’ll eat crow. But the parallels are eerie. You like the show now, but will you still tolerate it when it makes up CN’s entire schedule? Because 11 minutes of this is already a bit tough to take. Imagine the show having enough episodes for CN to repeat marathon it on a daily basis. You’ll be tearing your hair out. I seem to recall nobody had an actual problem with TTG when it aired once a week either. But here we are. I think we are in for an eventual trainwreck. My early negative reviews will probably seem prophetic in retrospect to everyone who read them and scoffed at them for being too harsh. The warnings signs are all here for this happening. I’m going out on a limb and predict this show is the next most widely loathed CN show.

Anything I liked? The LEGO opening of the old lady dog walker trying to herd dogs. That was so funny. But it was pretty much downhill from there. **.

Robin44

Feb 7, 2017
Ratings
97 1
Unikitty “Lab Cat”

Bold prediction: Hold my feet to the fire over this if I’m wrong. I could be. Seriously, feel free to rub my nose in it if I am. But I suspect that within two years this show is going to be as widely despised by fanboys as Teen Titans Go! is right now.

Don’t believe me? It has the exact same problems that show had at the beginning. Shockingly, people will not remember that the initial responses to Teen Titans Go were widely favorable. It was cute and funny and a little over the top.

And it started OUT a little over the top. But they foolishly decided that they should keep upping the ante in horrible behavior and extreme humor, more and more every episode, and it got to the point where a large part of the later seasons are absolutely unwatchable. This isn’t Unikitty quite yet. But this episode shows the exact same trajectory. Like an episode from midway through TTG’s first season, it’s not overly offensive... yet. But it’s definitely more extreme than how the show started off, and it keeps getting more and more-so every week. That’s this episode.

Hold me to that prediction, folks. If I’m wrong, I’ll eat crow. But the parallels are eerie. You like the show now, but will you still tolerate it when it makes up CN’s entire schedule? Because 11 minutes of this is already a bit tough to take. Imagine the show having enough episodes for CN to repeat marathon it on a daily basis. You’ll be tearing your hair out. I seem to recall nobody had an actual problem with TTG when it aired once a week either. But here we are. I think we are in for an eventual trainwreck. My early negative reviews will probably seem prophetic in retrospect to everyone who read them and scoffed at them for being too harsh. The warnings signs are all here for this happening. I’m going out on a limb and predict this show is the next most widely loathed CN show.

Anything I liked? The LEGO opening of the old lady dog walker trying to herd dogs. That was so funny. But it was pretty much downhill from there. **.
Cats and the old lady is from The LEGO Movie, and I think you're a bit too harsh on this show for what it is.