TALKBACK - The Powerpuff Girls - Episodes 91-99 [8/9-8/10 (Online) 8/12-TBA (TV)]

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Ratings
4,839 40
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com

0LghJQ9.jpg

Episodes 91-99
JNKR54j.png
Online August 9!

Total Eclipse of the Kart
Premieres

THURSDAY 8/9 (Online)
SUNDAY 8/12 at 4 PM (TV)

This week...
The Powerpuff Girls compete in a race against some of their most vicious villains, to win whatever is in the Mayor's "Mysterious Box Of Mystery."
----
The Long Skate Home
Premieres

THURSDAY 8/9 (Online)
SUNDAY 8/19 at 4 PM (TV)

This week...
After they get accused of a crime they didn't commit, The Powerpuff Girls and The Derbytantes have to find a way to clear their name!
----
Quarantine
Premieres

THURSDAY 8/9 (Online)
SUNDAY 8/19 at 4:15 PM (TV)

This week...
After a chemical spill, the girls and Mojo find themselves trapped together.
----
In the Doghouse
Premieres

FRIDAY 8/10 (Online)
SUNDAY 8/26 at 4 PM (TV)

This week...
Buttercup must go it alone to save her family from a kidnapping.
----
Salamander
Premieres

FRIDAY 8/10 (Online)
SUNDAY 8/26 at 4:15 PM (TV)

This week...
When the professor is kidnapped, the girls must go to a mysterious island to save him.
----
Small World: Abra-Disaster Part 1
Premieres

THURSDAY 8/9 (Online)
TBA (TV)

This week...
After defeating Mojo for the umpteenth time, The Powerpuff Girls are confident they are unstoppable.
----
Small World: Stone Cold Spider Part 2
Premieres

THURSDAY 8/9 (Online)
TBA (TV)

This week...
With Townsville in peril, the girls are sent to the arctic on a dangerous mission to find the key to saving the day.
----
Small World: The Maze Daze Part 3
Premieres

THURSDAY 8/9 (Online)
TBA (TV)

This week...
The girls must enter a cursed jungle temple to obtain the last Heart Stone.
----
Small World: Heart to Heartstone Part 4
Premieres

THURSDAY 8/9 (Online)
TBA (TV)

This week...
In the stunning conclusion, the girls learn that Lester has one more trick up his sleeve.​

Last edited:

superkeegan9100

Cartoon Analyst and Harvey Street Ambassador
Jan 10, 2015
Ratings
6,655 76
Raleigh, North Carolina
www.youtube.com
I really enjoyed Small World, especially the main villain, Lester van Luster. Mostly because he's voiced by Dwight Schultz, the voice of Mung Daal from Chowder and Dr. Animo from Ben 10. There were parts that I found funny, such as Bubbles trying to lead the geese, only to have them lose all hope. I also found it funny when Lester turned them into action figures, and when he turned Mojo into a goose himself. Overall, I give these episodes a 6/10.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,262 4
Framingham, MA
The Powerpuff Girls "Total Eclipse Of The Kart"

It's too bad Toys R Us has gone out of business. This episode could have gotten us some goodies.

Love "Cool beans".

Good to see Donnycorn again.

Honestly, the second half of the episode bugged the crap out of me. The evil Gemica "twist" came out of nowhere. Gemica has always been portrayed as selfish, but I kind of dug the neat message of the know-it-all archaeologist being a girl. And this just undoes that positive thing entirely for no good reason.

I think one of the biggest ironies of the entire franchise is that despite the fact that the heroes are three girls, there is very little female empowerment to be found. And that was true of the original series, and it's definitely true of the reboot here. It strikes me that a girl focused kids show should actually worry more about what messages it sends. Craig McCracken didn't give a crap about it, and that was part of the joke, and it seems the writers here don't either, even if the reboot isn't as overtly cruel.

The violence on the old show basically meant McCracken's "progressive" viewpoint about female empowerment is that girls are just as violent and horrible at conflict resolution as boys are. And that is a subversive joke on his end, not an actual message of empowerment. Which boggles the mind that he got away with that crap without ever being called on it by anyone by Roger Ebert. We miss you, Roger. Kick Gene Siskel's ass in Hell for me, will you?

Ancient Townsville? I get that was the joke, but I don't like jokes like that, that break what little reality the series is going for. And even if the show keeps things more grounded than the original series, it's not like the reboot is all that realistic to begin with.

I like Gemumu's design though. From the way they boarded her poses, and the eclipse striking her silhouette, I could tell that were kind of going with an Aku from Samurai Jack vibe. And despite the episode otherwise sucking, I did notice that influence, and enjoyed it greatly.

Here is the sad truth that no-one will want to hear. The reboot is not very good. But the original show was somehow even worse. I don't know exactly why I'm following this show. It's basically just Bubbles and nothing else for me at this point. It would probably cheese Tara Strong off to admit that I like this show's version better than hers. But Bubbles has become a good grounding influence for the show. You may scoff that the show would need that, but you know, if a show runs a good long while, it DOES. And it's the fact that the old show didn't really have that, and was full blown "Airplane!" spoof 100% of the time, without ever shutting it off, is the reason I like the reboot more than the original series. It's admittedly not much. But Bubbles has value to me in the notion that her distractions and seeming to go off-mission actually turn out to be the point of the mission. And that's the thing I like about the series, and how it talks up creativity over violence every single time they do that.

So no, I didn't like the episode all that much. But Bubbles is the reason I'm still watching the show and the episode didn't change that. If anything it reaffirmed it. **1/2.

The Powerpuff Girls "The Long Skate Home"

Somewhere in this episode there is a great message about standing up to bullies, righting injustices, sticking to your principles, and being true to yourself. And as long as they frame those messages using the "Deathball" allegory, it all means jack squat, and is actually ridiculous.

Liked the joke of the VCR tape having to take two tries to go into the VCR though. Points for that. ***.

The Powerpuff Girls "Quarantine"

Wow, the Professor is 100% useless. This is one of those episodes I just did not see the point of. **.

The Powerpuf Girls "In The Doghouse"

Fantastic 4 parody at the beginning! I love the Bronze Boogieboarder.

Maurice LaMarche talks about The Chompers the same way he does about The Clamps.

I love that Pugface Paulie thinks Buttercup is dressed in grey.

I also loved the dogs tying Blossom, Bubbles, and the Professor up with 2 dog collars, a leash and a cone.

Butt-Sniffer's full name is "Bootius T. Sniffer"? Because of course it is.

Meal soda is disgusting.

Good episode. ****.

The Powerpuff Girls "Salamander"

Genius episode. The only thing I didn't like was that Salamander turned out to be Gnat, which means he won't be returning. He was a great villain with a great character design.

Henchmen become very helpful when you offer them chocolate milk. Although I question how he can sip it through a straw while wearing his mask.

The Cork Fork is about as useless as the solar-powered flashlight and the waterproof sponge.

I love the henchman crying out against Bubbles using forks and polite words. Which is again, why I love Bubbles. Her non-violence and creativity seem to always solve the problem.

Best episode of the batch released. *****.

The Powerpuff Girls "Small World: Part 1: Abra Disaster"

That cat Lester is pretty cool.

I laughed at Mojo trying to get him to sign his brain.

Pretty good. ***1/2.

The Powerpuff Girls "Small World: Part 2: Cold Spider"

Here's a sad truth about the creepy tiny Professor. The regular sized Professor is exactly as creepy, and you just refuse to admit it.

I love the Canada Geese "All is lost!" moment.

I really liked the end of the episode. All throughout Buttercup is acting extra stupid, and I like the end reveal that that was a performance to allow her to get the upper hand with Supna without her realizing it. Her trick of creating a second Heartstone was pretty great.

The Heartstones are an alright Maguffin for this show's version of The Quest.

I liked this a lot. ****.

The Powerpuff Girls "Small World: Part 3: The Maze Daze"

Glad we got closure for the Pizza Delivery Guy although I'm a little upset Bubbles wasn't there for it and didn't seem to care.

I love Bubbles thinking her sisters are impossible to describe.

I laughed at the Yolanda joke.

The security guard had an ugly design.

If Lester is taking advantage of Mojo, Mojo is just ASKING to get took.

The weakest of the four parts. Which is weird, because it's the Bubbles part and she's the best character. **1/2.

The Powerpuff Girls "Small World: Part 4: Heart To Heartstone"

Perfect wrap-up to the Canada Geese.

Lester has to spend eternity watching the Mayor go to the bathroom? As far as punishments go, that seems a bit overkill to his actions.

I sort of get the logic of a supervillain wanting to shrink the world's largest ball of yarn. I get that. Villains love ruining things, especially things people love, and those things are always great tourist traps. I just object to the notion that he'd keep it as a trophy. There is no point to it any longer, and he was the guy who made sure of that.

I'm overthinking this show again.

I love Lester's various clothes and designs. Very visually appealing character.

The best of the four parts. ****1/2.

Oct 11, 2016
Ratings
671 9
Speaking of Total Eclipse of the Kart, that Rowdyruff Boys cameo wasn't necessary at all. It's like responding to a whiny kid who wants candy even though he doesn't deserve it. Seriously, the only reason the Rowdyruff Boys exist is because of fans and shippers. Bleh.
I kinda liked it. Giving them a short cameo is better than giving them an entire episode. At least we now know they exist in the reboot's universe.

All we need is Sedusa now. She did appear in comics but I want to see her in the actual show already.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
Ratings
555 6
New York
I hated what they did to Jennica, she was such an interesting character in her introduction, granted her second episode wasn't as good as her introduction. But I like the idea of a character that is chaotic neutral, just interested in out witting the PPG for fun, and has no malice toward them, just respected rivals, and they throw all that out the window. She could have been their Catwoman, and just throw it away. And for what?

Last edited:

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
Ratings
555 6
New York
And if they want to make her connected to this demon fine, even though it would still be bad because it was not hinted and for shadow, have this demon queen villain share Jennica's body and they getting those artifacts, either frees her from Jennica's body, or complete takes control of her body. But the Jennica this chaotic neutral just wants to out wit the PPG for fun still exists.

I feel like a character I liked died.

Last edited:

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Apr 12, 2016
Ratings
594 14
“Total Eclipse of the Kart”
Narrator: Huh? Who could’ve taught Jemmica was an evil empress from ancient Townsville years ago? And so once again the day is saved thanks to... THE POWERPUFF GIRLS and Mojo Jojo!

THE END?

Last edited: