TALKBACK - The Amazing World of Gumball - "Episodes 216-220" - [7/13 (Online), 7/16 (TV)]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by CNFan1995, Jul 13, 2018 at 9:43 AM.

1. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

[​IMG]
    Episodes 216-220

Monday Morning starting at 7:00a/6:00c!
    [​IMG]

The Potion
    Premieres
    (online) FRIDAY 7/13
    (TV) MONDAY 7/16 at 7:00 AM
    This week...
    Gumball and Darwin learn that Hector is not so happy being giant-sized. So they decide to help him by creating a potion that will shrink him down to the size of an average person. However creating a magic potion is not as easy as it sounds, and the results can go spectacularly wrong...
    -----
    The Spinoffs
    Premieres
    (online) FRIDAY 7/13
    (TV) MONDAY 7/16 at 8:00 AM
    This week...
    Wishing to get rid of Gumball once and for all, his nemesis Rob offers up a variety of reality, action and comedy shows featuring characters other than Gumball. Unfortunately for Rob each one is worse than the last…
    -----
    The Transformation
    Premieres
    (online) FRIDAY 7/13
    (TV) MONDAY 7/16 at 9:00 AM
    This week...
    Penny's family is unhappy that she's decided to come out of her shell… literally. And Penny wants her family to come out of their shells...also literally. They are at an impasse so who do they turn to in their time of trouble? Gumball of course! Needless to say he is way outside of his comfort zone...
    -----
    The Understanding
    Premieres
    (online) FRIDAY 7/13
    (TV) MONDAY 7/16 at 10:00 AM
    This week...
    Gumball and Darwin find themselves in serious trouble when they agree to everything the new kid in school says. The truth is they can't understand a word that he says. Peter Pepperoni has been home schooled and developed a very odd way of speaking. Due to a series of misunderstandings Gumball and Darwin end up on the run from the law.
    -----
    The Ad
    Premieres
    (online) FRIDAY 7/13
    (TV) MONDAY 7/16 at 11:00 AM
    This week...
    To make ends meet, the Wattersons are forced to rent out their house. However, with nowhere else to stay they decide to secretly remain at the house. When they accidentally surprise their guests, an elderly pair of fainting goats, they faint...unsurprisingly. The Wattersons fear the worst and attempt to cover up this "accident".​

2. Radical Edward

Radical Edward Was Rad's Kittens

That Cowboy Bebop parody in The Spinoffs was amazing.

3. CNReactionGuy18

CNReactionGuy18 Don't spoil it! Or I spoil my juice.

I'll probably think "The Spinoffs" is my number one favorite. Because let me give you some things about this episode:

—Gumball made a parody against Cowboy Bebop.
    —During the dinosaur fight or whatever it is, it stopped when it said Commercial Break in the actual Cartoon Network Dimensional Background.
    This show could be meta sometimes but they have reached the limit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

The Potion: Kind of a disappointing episode. Hector getting over being small happened quite quickly and he ended up being a jerk afterwards. Hector's mom should actually be thanking them for showing Hector that he should be happy with himself. Darwin was dumber than usual as well. I think if Hector should become smaller, a good half size would've been better for him.

The Tranformation: Technically as her parents, Penny's have the right to not only stay in their shells, but to have Penny stay in her's until legal-age and living independently as well (think of it when a teenager wants an inappropriate outfit or tattoos/piercings). Parents make their children do a lot of things that they don't like, and if they didn't, then the children wouldn't do what's good for them like eating healthy, exercise, or try new things. The ending saved this episode for me as I was expecting Penny to get her way, which would make it look like that she's in charge of the family. Plus it was a sweet ending as well.
    I wonder how many viewers will be getting mad because of the title hinting of showing Penny's family without their shells and not getting that at all.

• Agree Agree x 1