TALKBACK - Steven Universe - "Can't Go Back" & "A Single Pale Rose" - *HALF HOUR SPECIAL* - [5/7]

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Gatordragon

Frolicking in the flames
May 14, 2012
Ratings
3,221 4
The Land of Flowers

Episodes 145-146

Can't Go Back
Premieres

(TV) MONDAY 5/7 at 7:30 P.M.

This week...
Ronaldo spots something mysterious on the moon and Steven goes to investigate.
----

A Single Pale Rose
Premieres

(TV) MONDAY 5/7 at 7:45 P.M.

This week...
Steven helps Pearl find her phone.​

sunsetlover

Blue Diamond
May 9, 2016
Ratings
179 16
Plovdiv,Bulgaria
I'm confused? I thought this was supposed to be the "big half hour special," but the synopses don't seem too exciting. I guess they are hiding something from us...
SU's synopses are often confusing. Remember Catch and Release? The synopsis was: "We take a look on Steven's bathroom." and what happened instead?? Peridot's redemption arc started and The Cluster was introduced as a threat. This still had something to do with the bathroom but still...

Perla Magica

Freeform? What's THAT?!
Jul 29, 2016
Ratings
81 2
Poland (Europe)
These simple episode synopses makes me laugh, it's hard to believe kids think it's a some slice of life cartoon by these synopses.

But for these episodes I really can't wait for how the story with Pink Diamond goes, also Lapis' song and Pearl's past.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,879 41
So what was that fans were saying about the spoilers completely ruining the entire rest of the series? Because I'm pretty sure all that did nothing to prepare any of us for THIS. "Can't Go Back" was just a little too melodramatic for my personal tastes, even if it was really well done, but "A Single Pale Rose" was a freaking masterpiece.

Dec 3, 2017
Ratings
United States
Wow, what a bombshell! I guess this theory has been floating around for a while, but still. The entire scene was beautifully written and animated; what a great reveal!

Anyway, I immensely enjoyed these two episodes. Seeing Lapis again is always nice, as she's one of my favorite characters (her song was also amazing!) I have to say that "A Single Pale Rose" was the better of the two (for obvious reasons). I really liked the whole concept of Steven going inside the Pearl inside Pearl inside Pearl...you get the picture. It was a nice way to show us several vital memories in Pearl's life, leading up to that incredible ending scene. All because of a lost cell phone.

I'd also like to give kudos to the music composer(s) for these two episodes. While Steven Universe is known for great music all around, I felt that the background soundtrack was especially strong in these two episodes. It really added to the emotional ambiance the story emitted.

Overall, a fantastic special. No wonder Cartoon Network hyped this thing up.

Also that Show Dogs trailer was lit.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
Ratings
555 6
New York
Can't Go Back

First of all, Lapis can't make up her mind what to do and spying on people. I wonder if she saw Peridot in the improv show. So Lapis admits what I thought last time, she is kind of coward, but a understandable coward.

And what happened Steven is what I suggest, this is all a setup to get the barn in Beach City, that will happen some day. Prediction Lapis will bump into Lars and the off colors. Maybe they can get her to change her mind. Lars knows how Lapis is feelings, Lapis hurt Peridot in a similar way Lars hurt Sadie. Bonding moment.

So we almost had Lapis back, well don't worry, Lars will bring her back.

A Single Pale Rose

Now onto the main event, so Rose is Pink Diamond, Pearl was Pink Diamond's pearl and an accomplish in the whole fake assignation. So much to take in.

Well as we got into Pearl's mind, with the idea of being multiple Pearls, I thought we doing something like with Raven in Teen Titans, but something more different here.

We were so close to Steven and Rose having a conversation, could that happen? Maybe one day, I think we found a way to do it.

So Pink Diamond is Rose, Rose is Pink Diamond, Steven is both of them, and Pink Diamond is alive sort of. So Steven is Pink Diamond, well now it is time for Steven to stand up to his big sisters and protect the earth. Good luck.

Anyway this is early candidate for episode of the year, if not, I don't know what is.