Talkback: Pokemon the Series: SM: Ultra Adventures: "Turning Heads and Training Hard!" [8/6]

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
PokemonUltraAdv.jpg

Join Ash and Pikachu as they make new friend and explore the Alola region.

Recently:
Lusamine asks Ash and his friends to become Ultra Guardians to battle against Ultra Beasts.
Snowy knows Hail and learns Aurora Veil.
Ash and his friends team up as the Ultra Guardians to battle Buzzwole.
Ash captures Buzzwole and quickly releases it back into the Ultra Wormhole.
Team Rocket meets an Alolan Meowth.
The Alolan Meowth sneaks its way back to Team Rocket Headquarters.
Ash's Litten evolves into Torracat during its battle against the Masked Royal's Incineroar.

Last Time:
"Pushing the Fiery Envelope!"
Ash’s Litten is ready to enter the ring after watching a televised Battle Royal match in which the mysterious Masked Royal and his partner Incineroar face off against three powerful opponents. A Battle Royal doesn’t end until only one Pokémon remains standing, and when Ash and his friends visit the Battle Royal Dome the next day, Litten gets a chance to battle the Masked Royal's Incineroar. Who will win this first Battle Royal?

This Time:
"Turning Heads and Training Hard!"
Monday August 6th, 6:00PM

Ilima, one of the most famous graduates of the Pokemon School, returns. Ash and his friends have heard stories about Ilima and his Eevee and want to find out just how strong they hard. However, Ilima's return also attracts the attention of some Team Skull grunts. Will Ilima be able to stop them?
Notes:
The 21st season of Pokemon is here to keep promoting the seventh generation.
Disney XD is the new home for the Pokemon anime series.
For the next few weeks, new episodes will premiere on Mondays at 6PM as part of Disney XD's Anime Block
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee will be available for the Switch on November 16th
There is a main series Pokemon game in development for the Switch system.
The episodes are available on both Disney XD's website and On Demand section.
Please avoid using detailed spoilers here. Thank you.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
I thought that this episode was pretty good. It was nice to see Ilima finally debut in the series. Although, his voice sounded a lot deeper than I imagined it. It wasn't a bad voice and it had kind of a polite mature tone that worked with his character, but it also made him sound a lot older than he should be. I liked the bit of training Ash had with Torracat at the start of the episode. It led to everyone wondering if he would make Pikachu evolve too. Pikachu would probably become an Alolan Raichu if it evolved in the Alola region, but that's obviously not going to happen. Still, it's an interesting thought and Ash's response was pretty nice too. He would want to get stronger with Pikachu and his other Pokemon as they are.

Considering that he's the first Trial Captain you meet in the games, it's kind of weird that he wasn't chosen to be part of the main cast or that he didn't show up sooner. Being a graduate of the Pokemon School would explain why he hasn't shown up before. Plus, he was off training in the Kalos region. It was a good way to buildup to the Alola League Professor Kukui wants to establish, so I guess Ilima will take part in it too. It was kind of funny how Ash and his friends believed in these different rumors about Ilima. That does tend to happen with popular older classmates in schools. Of course, they also tend to be exaggerations.

It was cute to see the group high diving with their Pokemon. It showed a bit of their bonds and teamwork. Plus, there were some funny moments like Ash and Pikachu messing up their dive and Kiawe not realizing that Marowak didn't jump down. Considering that it's a Fire type, I don't know why Kiawe thought that Marowak would want to jump in. Of course, Ash woudl want to have a battle with Ilima, especially with knowing that he had his own Z-Crystal. Plus, he could understand why Ilima didn't want to evolve his Eevee. It's the same reason he doesn't want to evolve Pikachu. Pikachu vs. Eevee is an interesting matchup given the upcoming games, but it was interrupted.

Seeing Team Skull again was interesting. I was wondering when they'd show up again. I really wonder what they'll try to do with Team Skull. Their fate is tied int the climax of Sun/Moon, but since SM already covered that storyline without any of Team Skull's involvement, it makes me question how they'll resolve Team Skull in the future. Still, the main grunt being jealous of Ilima's ability to attract girls' attention was kind of funny. It was strange that he kept referring to it as his glory days, but the fact that he kept being ignored in favor of Ilima was still clear.

The battle went pretty well. Eevee was fighting off their Pokemon pretty well. It barely took any damage before using the Z-Move. It was kind of strange how Eevee's Z-Move actually calls out to its evolved forms. I thought that it would just collect their energy or something like that. It did help to make the Z-Move more dramatic and showcasing all of the Eeveelutions was neat. That pretty much gave Team Skull the finishing blow and the girls all being in favor of Ilima as they were blasted off was pretty funny. Since Ash and Ilima couldn't finish their battle, I wouldn't be surprised if they meet up in the Alola League, especially when Pikachu vs. Eevee can be used to tie into the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee games. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.