Talkback: Pokemon the Series: SM: Ultra Adventures: "The Dex Can't Help It!" [5/12]

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World

Join Ash and Pikachu as they make new friend and explore the Alola region.

Recently:
Lillie confronts her mother.
Ash defeats the Ultra Beast possessing Lusamine with the Z move 10,000,00 Volt Thunderbolt.
Lillie and Gladion are reunited with their mother.
Ash and his friends leave Ultra Space and go back to Alola.
Professor Kuki proposes to Professor Burnet.
Ash and his friends prepare a wedding ceremony for them.
Lusamine asks Ash and his friends to become Ultra Guardians to battle against Ultra Beasts.

Last Time:
"Let Sleeping Pokemon Lie!"
Ash and his friends are wondering about Principal Oak's partner Pokemon Komala. It spends its entire life sleeping away. Jigglypuff shows up and puts everyone to sleep with its song, but Komala is able to avoid Jigglypuff's marker even when asleep. Jigglypuff shows up to battle Komala. Which Pokemon will be the winner of this battle?

This Time:
"The Dex Can't Help It!"
Saturday May 12th, 9:00AM
A strange washing machine ends up at Professor Kukui's house. However, it has a Wash Rotom in it and Pikachu's Thunderbolt forces Wash Rotom to trade places with Rotom Dex. Before long, the washing machine holding Rotom Dex is being carried away. Will Rotom Dex get back into Ash's Pokedex before it's too late?
Notes:
The 21st season of Pokemon is here to keep promoting the seventh generation.
Disney XD is the new home for the Pokemon anime series.
Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon are available now for the 3DS.
Pokemon Gold and Silver are available on the 3DS eShop.
There is a main series Pokemon game in development for the Switch system.
The episodes are available on both Disney XD's website and On Demand section.
Please avoid using detailed spoilers here. Thank you.

LinusFan303

A fan of Charlie Brown and Linus
Mar 26, 2018
Ratings
741 5
Colorado
This was a creative episode seeing Rotom have a 'Freaky Friday' experience was interesting. Also different to have an episode focused on him. Poor fellow trying to get through all those different machines to hopefully get someone to hear his plea for help. It had some good funny moments too like the time he was in the TV. It was enjoyable.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
I thought that this episode was okay. I've never been a big fan of Rotom Dex, so the idea of an episode focused primarily on him didn't really click with me. Although, an episode where Rotom Dex keeps going into different objects seemed inevitable given that is one of the main gimmicks of Rotom in the first place. It was strange how all of the objects Rotom took over were already orange. Maybe it's because I kept thinking of the DP episode where Rotom and its different forms were first featured, but it seemed really strange for the objects to already be orange. It seemed more natural for the toaster and fan to be orange, but the lawn mower looked much more unnatural even before Rotom possessed it.

It was funny how different the Wash Rotom was compared to the regular Rotom Dex. At least Ash picked up on how different it was right away, even though Professor Kukui just wanted to wait and see how it kept acting. The Marshadow sighting was rather sudden and strange, but I guess that they wanted to throw in some mysterious Pokemon and provide a reason as to why Rotom Dex couldn't look it up. It was kind of fun to see Rotom going into different objects and how the different classmates reacted to it. It was also a nice way to feature them in the episode without making it feel too crowded since most of them were only there for one scene.

I think my favorite part was Rotom being stuck in the TV and watching his favorite Detective show. That gag can be annoying too, but I thought it was a more creative take on this concept than if it only went into different objects. At least he was able to finally get back to the Pokedex after another attack from Pikachu. The Rotom Dex really makes me wonder why aren't all Rotom used as a Pokedex. Granted, the Wash Rotom missed being a washing machine, but being a Pokedex seems much more fun for a Rotom. They're actually able to communicate with people and Rotom Dex was so used to doing that that it couldn't really find a different way to communicate with its friends. The ending gag with Rotom suddenly becoming the roof of the Pokemon Center was strange. I guess that they just wanted a more strange and comedic way to end the episode, but it seemed a bit sudden.

Overall, it was an okay episode. Not as memorable as the previous filler episode, but it was decent enough, especially for an episode focused almost entirely on Rotom Dex.