TALKBACK - OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes - "Let's Watch the Pilot" - [12/1 (Online) 2/19 (TV)]

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

wiley207

Jan 20, 2009
Ratings
USA
That was fun how they parodied Kennedy Cartoons! Now I'd like to see Disney take a crack at them, given how Kennedy worked for Disney after being fired from Tiny Toons.

DeanBurrito25

Jan 15, 2009
Ratings
666 4
mattdeanart.com
The Kennedy Cartoons reference got me good. Ian JQ is such an animation dork and I love it.

The throwaway gag that Rad "dubbed" all of Darryl's lines in the pilot was a bit of a slow burn. I was wondering why Darryl had an inexplicably baritone voice for no reason.

I.R. Shokew

DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs
Sep 26, 2011
Ratings
1,709 7
Who wants to find me that badly anymore?
I'll consider this one of the shows best efforts (God Tier) - simply because of this: Between this, Regular Show, and Clarence - all three are shows to have done episodes expanding on their official pilots - this is the absolute best. And for me, there's otherwise nothing else to say beyond that that I'm not used to by now out of this otherwise above-average to awesome-enough show (so far, of course...).

SaneMan

Nov 13, 2012
Ratings
1,166 4 3
Slovak Republic
I'll consider this one of the shows best efforts (God Tier) - simply because of this: Between this, Regular Show, and Clarence - all three are shows to have done episodes expanding on their official pilots - this is the absolute best. And for me, there's otherwise nothing else to say beyond that that I'm not used to by now out of this otherwise above-average to awesome-enough show (so far, of course...).
Regular show also included the student projects it was loosely based on in the finale

Last edited:

I.R. Shokew

DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs
Sep 26, 2011
Ratings
1,709 7
Who wants to find me that badly anymore?
Regular show also included the student projects is was loosely based on in the finale
Well, if we're not including that (which was essential to making the masterful work that was RS's series finale), than this was the best at what I'm getting at; Otherwise, if we're talking about First Day (from RS: Season 3), than that effort pales in comparison to this one, IMHO.

Eldorado

May 21, 2014
Ratings
330 11
Indianapolis
You know what's funny, before this episode I had no idea that K.O. did that mouth thing in the pilot. I went back to it and lo and behold it was there. Now I feel like an idiot for not noticing that sort of thing.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,878 41
That Kennedy joke is the kind that you'd only get if you are into these animation tidbits, and I love it for that.

But the entire episode was great in general, and is yet another example where I always forget just how fun the show is until I watch it again. It felt so surreal but very satisfying to see a cartoon actively describe what a pilot is, giving a little bit of industry information to the young ones, which is always nice.