TALKBACK - OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes - Episodes 44-46 - [2/5 (Online) 2/19, 2/26 (TV)]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Gatordragon, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Betrayed and Vengeful

[​IMG]

Episode 44
    [​IMG]
    Mondays at 6:30p/5:30c!

Mystery Science Fair 201X
    Premieres
    (Online) MONDAY 2/5
    (TV) MONDAY 2/19

This week...

KO helps Dendy with her science fair project.

------
    Episode 46
    [​IMG]

Lad & Logic
    Premieres
    (Online) MONDAY 2/5
    (TV) MONDAY 2/26

This week...

KO learns the story of how Mr. Logic came to the plaza.

------
    Episode 47
    [​IMG]

OK Dendy
    Premieres
    (Online) MONDAY 2/5

This week...

Dendy fills in for KO at the bodega.​

#1 Gatordragon, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I really enjoyed Lad and Logic, for the most part this episode sums up mostly why I think that Mr. Logic is one of my favorite characters, I just really liked his origin, and I found it really funny that KO wanted something funny from the story, and Logic thinking of a way to make some humor out of something you wouldn't expect to be funny with Logic, good and simple logic.

3. Radical Edward

Radical Edward Was Rad's Kittens

Mystery Science Fair 201X is probably my favorite episode out of this batch. The Dexter's Lab references couldn't be any less subtle but they weren't executed in a way that would leave out younger kids who aren't familiar with the show, and I'm glad to see Dendy's development. She's one of my favorites but at times she's just a bad friend. I'm glad this was resolved.

#3 Radical Edward, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  4. Gatordragon

Mystery Science Fair 201X was pretty good. Dendy, you should've known better than to provoke a baddie that almost destroyed the plaza. For someone who's so smart, you don't have much sense.

Jeez, that Ms. Quantum is a piece of crap. She got nice legs, but she's a piece of crap. And I thought I had bad teachers.

Wasn't expecting the Dexter's Laboratory references. I did a double take when I heard that familiar shuffling.

Looks like KO is gaining more control over his evil half. Maybe TKO could become his Dark Jak. I wonder if he'll get a light form to balance it out.

Lad & Logic was good. This episode made me really like Mr. Logic.

So Mr. Logic was one of Boxman's earliest bots and helped build his robot business. Shame Boxman's blind hatred for heroes prevented him from realizing that having them around would be good for business.

Not surprised that Crinkly Wrinkly's story on the Plaza was fake. What the heck happened to Mr. Gar that led him to build a plaza? He looked like a shaggy homeless man.

Gotta admit, it's pretty smart of Boxman to make sure his later bots won't become good. Unless they get hit by lightning, that is.

Ok Dendy was good. KO makes being KO look so easy.

So Dendy's feet actually resemble a turtle's. Surprising, considering Dendy doesn't much resemble a kappa.

Oh, and Ernesto's attacking the Plaza? What is this, Fill-in Day?

Well dang, for a business bot, Ernesto can lay the smackdown. And I'm just lovin' the electro swing music during the fight! Man, I love that music genre and hearing it on TV is so rare.

Heh, instead of saving the day by just being herself, Dendy has to fight like KO. Thumbs up for subverting a cliche lesson.

5. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Actually looks like we skipped an episode. There is one episode that will air on the 26th that is not out yet. It is really episode 44, 46-47.

Anyway great episode, I love that we got two Dendy episodes, we need more Dendy. She is great.

#5 zoombie, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  6. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

I agree with @zoombie about the episode that will air on the 26th at 6:30 PM it should be 44, 46-47 also Mystery Science Fair 201X airs Monday February 19th at 7:00 PM and Lad & Logic airs Monday February 26th at 6:45 PM.

7. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

@Gatordragon
    I don't know there has been some truth to CK story, Gar did build the plaza, Lad Boxman was trying to mess with him with his robots and he had a Robot friend to help.

These episodes were great but Dendy went too far by putting legos on the treadmill, even Boxman,Black Hat, and Aku would think thats a bit much

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

*Mystery Science Fair 201X*
    I must say, it is pretty rare to see a plot where a female character is in the wrong, is actually meant to be in the wrong, suffers as a result of being in the wrong, fully realizes she was in the wrong, admits she was in the wrong, and apologizes for her actions. That is pretty refreshing.

*Lad & Logic*
    Interesting bit of backstory for what seemed like a bit character. Alto it makes me wonder whether we will get to see robots not made by Boxmore.

*OK Dendy*
    OK episode. We finally got to know Ernesto a little more. ​

9. Eldorado

Eldorado Well-Known Member

You know what disappoints me about OK Dendy? I wanted to see an episode where Ernesto tries to get a promotion to battle robot but learns he's best at what he does: business.

10. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

OK... Why Not???

Mystery Science Fair 201X (High Tier) - I think @SaneMan nailed my thoughts perfectly on all of this;

continued proof that Dendy is more than just some side character; she's becoming something worthwhile to this show and it's helping to make things better than they already are. Simply put, she just has to work on her people skills.

As for the more story-driven thing to address here:
    Yeah - we all knew T.K.O. was going to come back at some point... More importantly, the ultimate goal is for K.O. to learn to control him and tap into that power for himself when needed - that would be the right thing to do and I think this show should explore that as soon as it can. It'll be great character development for K.O., much better than what he's gotten so far, anyway.

Lad & Logic (High Tier) - I didn't ask for a backstory on Mr. Logic, but I am satisfied we got it, anyway, due to how finely executed it was, overall.

Putting it lightly: Boxman made a huge mistake letting Mr. Logic gain a soul and turn good, honestly; too bad this show would be over in favor of the bad guys, had Boxman managed to make him stick around; that wouldn't be a little too dark for my liking.

OK Dendy - Let's Be K.O.! (High Tier) - ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    Without looking too deep into this, I'll say this much:
    just one more chance for Dendy to shine as an actual character, rather than a side-character, which is always a welcome site to me; Also, Boxman should definitely build more of Ernesto for combat purposes - he showed some real potential beating up Enid and Rad like that, even though they should have thrashed him, since THAT's not what he's built for, however.

Still, seeing Dendy kick butt in her own way and having it actually look cool, as well? Yeah, she's definitely someone to not take lightly and I'm glad the writers and animators show us that, especially with that ending fight scene.

GAME OVER

11. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

I love that two of these episodes starred Dendy. She's definitely one of my favorite characters in the show, up there with Lord Boxman (who mostly stands out to me because Jim Cummings).

12. PapaGreg

You guys notice how attractive Miss Quantum looked in this episode, previous episode she looked kinda plain but here she can give Edna Krabapple a run for her money

13. Gatordragon

Heh heh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

14. PapaGreg

I mean just compare then to now

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Corwin Haught

Corwin Haught Member

Did ya notice that one episode has KO help Dendy in her lab, and the other has Dendy replace KO at his job? Nice bit of symmetry there.

16. GlassCake

GlassCake Member

Finally more spot on for Mary McGlynn and Kirbopher as Miss Quantum and Ernesto.

Loved the Dexter's Lab references, especially since the show influenced OK KO!.

This series really has high hopes.

17. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Both Mystery Science Fair 201X, Lad & Logic, and OK Dendy! Let's Be Heroes were pretty sweet/funny,

Ms. Quantum, my favorite horrible villainess, a heartless cruel unsympathetic jerkette/piece of crap, her/Lord Boxman would be friends, but love her sweet character design and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as her, sweet.
    KO/Dendy doing the science fair project was great.
    Dexter's Laboratory reference was sweet.
    Dendy the bad female friend to revive TKO.
    Cool seeing TKO.
    Dendy learning her lesson saving KO and defeating TKO was great, sweet character development:D.

Mr. Logic's major focus was great, best minor character:D.
    Mr. Logic's origin was great, Mr. Logic being one of Lord Boxman's earlier robots was interesting.
    Mr. Logic the one that created Lord Boxman's robot business was interesting.
    Mr. Gar having a huge beard before it got cutted, strange.
    Mr. Logic helping Mr. Gar create the Lakewood Plaza was great.
    Crinkly Wrinkly's fake story on the Lakewood Plaza was funny.
    The big evil robot fish was cool.
    Nice seeing Darrell/Shannon/Ernesto created.

Another Dendy major focus, sweet.
    Dendy being KO was great/funny.
    Cool seeing Ernesto to fight, nice seeing more to his great character, the poor loser.
    Rad/Enid/Dendy vs. Ernesto was great/funny, Ernesto having great potential for combat/fighting and Dendy the coolest strong fighter:D.
    Great funny ending.

Cool seeing two Dendy episodes as much as I love Dendy next to Carol, Rad/Enid, Punching Judy, Lord Boxman, Shannon, and Fink.

18. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

Can you please update the thread because Mystery Science Fair 201X airs today and Lad & Logic will air next monday at 6:45 PM

19. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Ay Carumba
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh great, so no one's going to comment on "Let's Watch The Pilot" just because it premiered on streaming a while ago? I didn't see it until it was "new" today.

They told me there was a Glen Kennedy reference in an OK KO episode and I didn't believe them until now. That's the trademark Shuffle™ all right. Keen!

20. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

We kind of a mother / daughter Digimon Tamers reunion with Miss Quantem and Dendy. That is kind of cool.