TALKBACK - Ben 10 - Episodes 53-55 - [4/10 (Online) 4/16 - 4/30 (TV)]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by CNFan1995, Apr 10, 2018.

1. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

[​IMG]

Episodes 53-55
    [​IMG]
    Monday at 6:00p/5:00c!

Half-Sies
    Premieres
    (Online) TUESDAY 4/10
    (TV) MONDAY 4/16 at 6:00 PM

This week...
    During a trip to the Lake of the Ozarks, Ben and Gwen squabble over Ben's unnecessary "half-birthday" celebration, but when Max gets word of a suspicious rockslide nearby, the cousins must put aside their differences if they are to rescue the trapped miners and uncover who is behind the manmade catastrophe before it's too late: the Bugg Brothers.
    ----
    Xingo's Back
    Premieres
    (Online) TUESDAY 4/10
    (TV) MONDAY 4/23 at 6:00 PM

This week...
    Left to entertain himself as Max takes a much deserved nap, Ben stumbles upon a Xingo arcade game and goes OE-Shock Rock to power it up, but when it receives too much juice, Xingo leaps out into the real world and our hero must go toe-to-toe with his favorite cartoon character.
    ----
    Bounty Ball
    Premieres
    (Online) TUESDAY 4/10
    (TV) MONDAY 4/30 at 6:00 PM

This week...
    While Gwen listens to a lecture on the Transcontinental Railroad, Ben sneaks away to the gift shop. But once the Bounty Hunters appear and corner our hero, Gwen must relay the information she learned on the train and use it to their advantage to help Ben escape.​

#1 CNFan1995, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Ben 10 "Half-Sies"

Ben wanting to celebrate a half-birthday is precisely why I strongly dislike the character. Good for Gwen for tricking him at the end into realizing half of something isn't anything.

I like that Max codenames himself "Silver Fox."

Obnoxious episode. *1/2.

Ben 10 "Xingo's Back"

I would totally play that Xingo videogame.

Like Gray Matter's upgrade form.

Ben is still a Xingo fan after all that? He is such a cretin.

Decent. ***1/2.

Ben 10 "Bounty Ball"

It's really interesting how the villain keeps trying to soothe Ben into taking the easier path. But as Ben noted it's hard not to take it personal when the hunter is capturing his person. Interesting that the Hunter is a Diamondhead. I wonder what that means for the future of the series. Are there really worse hunters than him out there?

I like that the lecture is so boring, even Grandpa Max falls asleep.

Outright great episode. *****.

3. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

You don't know the original series, don't you? Those of us who saw the original series knew it was a Diamondhead (Petro Sapien) named Tetrax from the very beginning. In the original series, he became an ally/mentor for Ben and had a very sad story. Originally, he stole a powerful crystal for Vilgax, who then used it to destroy Petropia and leave Tetrax as the last member of its species. Years later, thanks to Ben and Chromastone, he was able to redeem himself and restore both Petropia and all the Petro Sapiens.

But the curious thing is, in this episode, Tetrax acts more like the "selfish young Petro Sapien" that he was before stealing the weapon that Vilgax used to destroy Petropia. Maybe, in this new continuity, Ben will play a role in Tetrax's redemption? Maybe Ben will help Tetrax to avoid the destruction of Petropia?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I only saw the first season of the Original Series and it was so long ago I don't remember much. Thank you for the history lesson.

5. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

So who hired the bounty hunters. I thought it was Vilgax, giving it is implied the employer wants Ben for a pet, I doubt that. My guess is if it is not a completely new character that we never seen in the franchise, I think it could be Attea. Spoiled princess wanting a pet and having the capital to hire bounty hunters, that is my guess.