TALKBACK - Adventure Time - Episodes 271-274 - [12/8 (Online) 12/17 (TV)]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Gatordragon, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Time to break some hearts!

[​IMG]

Episodes 271-274
    [​IMG]
    Online on Thursday, December 8!
    Live on TV Sunday, December 17

Seventeen
    premieres
    (Online) THURSDAY 12/7
    SUNDAY 12/17

This week...
    A mysterious knight crashes Finn's birthday bash and presents him with a dangerous gift.
    ----
    Ring of Fire
    premieres
    (Online) FRIDAY 12/8
    SUNDAY 12/17

This week...
    When an old flame comes calling on urgent business, Tree Trunks reconsiders both her wild past and her tranquil present.
    ----
    Marcy & Hunson
    premieres
    (Online) FRIDAY 12/8
    SUNDAY 12/17

This week...
    Hunson Abadeer returns to Ooo to bond with his daughter Marceline, but will he be able to prove that he's changed his soul-sucking ways
    ----
    The First Investigation
    premieres
    SUNDAY 12/17

This week...
    Finn and Jake are tasked with investigating reports of a haunting at Joshua and Margaret's old office.
    ----​

#1 Gatordragon, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  2. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Time to break some hearts!

This episode was pretty good. That was one heck of a (not so) sweet seventeen for Finn.

Nice reference to the Arthurian tale of the Green Knight. Takes me back to high school English class.

I'm surprised they got away with such a gorey decapitation onscreen. Granted, there was green juice spurting out, but still.

I knew that the Green Knight was really Fern. I mean, a shapeshifting green guy? He came back strong, though, seeing how he absolutely wrecked Finn's bionic arm.

Oh, and the horse was Uncle Gumbald and the other bubblegum relatives? Didn't see that coming. Looks like my theory on LSP's anti-elemental reverting them back to their original state was right all along. Vindication!

What the-- and they still try to keep the party going after all the crap Finn went through? Look at the poor boy's face, it just screams "I hate you all right now".

3. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I'm not surprised Fern would fall in with our new enemies for the evening... So yeah, things are only going to get much more rough & ugly from here (especially for Finn, who is due for more effective character development like he got in Islands, so I'm looking forward to it, thanks in part to having much more of a stake in this, going forward.); no matter how much everyone tries to mask their feelings by "Happy Birthday, Finn"...

Yeah, I legit feel sorry for Finn having to fight his "brother"; unfortunately, he should have killed him earlier on to avoid this, IMHO, hard as it would have been, otherwise. He may have no choice but to do so, now - knowing whose side Fern is on, now.

4. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Ay Carumba
    Staff Member Moderator

It'd be a disgrace if the remaining Adventure Time episodes only appeared on demand and the app, given what this show did for its parent network.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

The rest of the episodes are now up.
    I've updated the thread title.

6. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

Uncle Gumbald now has his own Finn
    Tree Trunks is really bad with relationships

And did we just find out that Simon originally summoned Hunson to look after Marcy in his absence, which is how Marceline met him the first time?

7. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

After watching the episodes beyond Seventeen (which was a High Tier effort, BTW...):

I can easily rank Ring of Fire as one of the best filler episodes ever for this series (High Tier seems reasonable enough...): mainly because of who it focuses on - Tree Trunks has always been an interesting character and it's about time we probably got a proper backstory on her (her relationship issues, her adventuring days, why she finally chose to settle down, etc.).

i wasn't too much of a fan of Marcy and Hunson, however - as much as I enjoy seeing focus on Marceline (my favorite female character), it was just Marceline's dad being more annoying than funny. I'm glad he acknowledged that, but other than some backstory on how he knows Marceline since she was a kid, that changes little - he's still annoying, if that ending line is any indication (rather Middle-of-the road, honestly.).

The First Investigation...:
    I knew at some point, we would have to revisit Jake's origin story proper - by having Jake confront what took part in creating him in the first place; I'm looking forward to those next episodes that will cover that and see how Jake will come to terms with not being a real dog... Hopefully, better than his reaction to what were NOT ghosts all along (that twist even took me by surprise, so good job there.), surprisingly enough. Still, definitely another High Tier effort, IMHO.

8. Elijah Abrams

Elijah Abrams Just deal with it!

...except for "The First Investigation"! CN didn't upload that episode onto the app, so I had to watch it on demand at my grandparent's house.

9. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Didn't they say these were going to air on TV next week?

10. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

@Gatordragon can you please change the title of this thread because this sunday airs the new episodes on tv also add the airdate of the episodes when they air on tv.

• Agree Agree x 1