"Superman/Batman ('Man of Steel' Sequel)" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by dmxx116, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

#1 dmxx116, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2011
  2. Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee Hollywood pitchman

Good luck with that! Marvel is already light years ahead of DC/Warner Bros in the moviemaking business. Other than Nolan's Batman films, you could say that Warner Bros has been a critical and commercial mess with their handling of their most valued treasures namely Superman and Wonder Woman. And the movies that have been made have been poorly received by audiences (Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, etc).

3. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

This isn't exactly news. WB has been "planning" a Superman/Batman movie for years now.

I don't particularly trust that website and their "exclusives" since they made up an "exclusive interview" with Bruce Timm out of comic con questions.

4. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

I thought this was buried years ago........ if they still wanted to make one they should have least made a connection with some movies like Marvel, i don't know if Superman/Batman will show you hints on other heroes like Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern.

Anyway like W.C.Reaf said before i don't trust it, i mean they had a chance to say or show at least a tease at Comic Con.

5. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

With the grand failure of Green Lantern, they now need to be more careful with this project

6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Yeah, Superman/Batman nearly happened years before but it got killed. Instead we got Nolan's Batman and ultimately Singer's Superman. I think this was when Lorenzo diBonaventura was at WB and he homered the project and I think WB liked JJ Abrams' Superman instead (with McG directing). That never got off the ground.

Before that there was also Boaz Yakin along with Dini/Timm reportedly doing a Batman Beyond movie and Darren Aronofsky doing Batman: Year One.

7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

The LA Times is reporting that today at Comic-Con, WB will announce that their follow-up to Man of Steel will be a Batman/Superman crossover.

Comic-Con 2013: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’ | Hero Complex – movies, comics, pop culture – Los Angeles Times

8. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

So awesome if true. Always thought that would be the best route to go instead of a full-blown JL movie.

9. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

Christ, 2015 is getting packed with blockbusters. I do think it's a good move for DC to go ahead with World's Finest instead of going straight into a Justice League movie.

10. gmster

gmster Active Member

I thought they were fast tracking Man Of Steel 2? Seems odd, but awesome news.

11. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Wow, they're doing the World's Finest movie so soon? I figured we'd get another Superman solo movie, then maybe a Flash or Wonder Woman film (yeah, I know the latter stands a snowball's chance of happening, but a fan can dream), then the Superman/Batman team up movie. WB is really pushing forward to make this Justice League movie happen.

I don't think WB is doing this in lieu of a Justice League movie; I think it's more like they're fast-tracking things to get to JL sooner. In the wake of The Avengers, Warner Bros. can't afford to pass on a Justice League movie; they can't allow themselves to be one-upped by Disney and Marvel. WB/DC's Big Hero Team movie has to happen at this point.

12. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Damn, 2015 and 2016 are going to feel like 2006 all over again.

I hope the production team doesn't rely on Kryptonite to make this team-up work. ~_~

13. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

According to the Hollywood Reporter, both Justice League and the Flash are going to be announced as well. Flash for 2016 and JLA for 2017.

14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

That's cool, I guess. As long as the villain isn't Lex Luthor.

15. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Superman/Batman has been officially confirmed by Warner Bros. Pictures at San Diego Comic-Con for 2015. The film's official logo will be released to the general public in the near future.

16. gmster

gmster Active Member

According to Zack Snyder, this film will be "inspired" by The Dark Knight Returns. I'm not very happy about this.

17. Riddler

Riddler Active Member

Wow, this is big!!

Not sure what to think yet.... but it's exciting for sure!!

18. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Official statement released from Warner Bros.:

19. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

Really awesome, but I'm not sure if I want this movie anymore... The Dark Knight Returns is definitely not what I want here...

20. gmster

gmster Active Member

I Am Legend predicted this all along. :p

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.