Super Smash Bros. BRAWL! Official Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Tanooki, Jan 31, 2008.

1. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

For a theoretical new Brawl game, I propose a 50 character roster. It's a good and even number, and it would be an expansion consistent with what's come before. Melee's roster increased by 14, and Brawl's increased by 11.

All Brawl characters return. In addition, Zero Suit Samus is made a separate character. I realize the current setup makes Samus unique, but I can't help feeling that she's just Zelda's concept nerfed since transformations rely on smash balls. Short of this, I propose a compromise: after Samus uses a smash ball you can regain your power suit with a special move, but only after a set amount of time. This choice would be totally optional. Either way, Zero Suit Samus would need a new final smash. I propose a fusion of sorts between Zelda's light arrow and Marth's critical strike, where she stuns you with her gun and then charges at you, using some lightning quick ninja-esque moves to send you flying. This wouldn't be an assured kill, but it would be powerful.

For my purposes, I'll assume my first suggestion happens and that ZSS becomes playable on her own. With 14 slots left, here's who I propose:
    • Krystal (Star Fox). Fans apparently want her, so give her to em. Besides, it'd be nice to have a Star Fox character with a fundamentally different moveset from Fox and Falco.
    • A new Pokemon from whatever the newest generation is. Sorry for not being specific, I'm no expert on the franchise. Pokemon's a persistently popular franchise, so this is probably inevitable.
    • Mewtwo (Pokemon). I'm not particularly eager for Melee throwbacks, but he was apparently unique and fans missed him. If he doesn't return, at least make him an assist trophy. I mean, seriously.
    • Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment). Saki apparently could've been playable, but wasn't. I think Saki's one of the best possibilities for an ugprade.
    • Mega Man. If Capcom is willing, why not? He'd be like a fast version of Samus, complete with a charging weapon and a diverse arsenal. Sounds good to me. I'd prefer it if they find ways to pay homage to the character's entire history, without making it clear if this is supposed to be classic Mega Man or Mega Man X.
    • Iaasac (Golden Sun). Another intriguing possible upgrade from the assist trophy gallery.
    • Little Mac (Punch Out). Come on. Seriously. If any assist trophy gets upgraded, it should be this guy. They're even remaking Punch-Out for the Wii. He's from one of the most classic games on the NES. He's a natural fighter. What more reason do we need?
    • Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy). I know, Smash is full of Mario characters. But she's good one, she'd add another girl to the roster, and she's such an open book that designers could do whatever they want with her. Besides, how amusing would it be for Ganandorf to get his butt kicked by Lumas?
    • K. Rool (Donkey Kong). If Donkey Kong ever gets any more characters, it should be an antagonist and not another monkey. Hence this guy.
    • Micaiah (Fire Emblem). What can I say, she may be unlikely but I'd still like her to get her due. If some other Lord character from another game makes it instead, then so be it.
    • Bomberman. Eh, why not. Seems unlikely, but it'd be cool if they could bring in another retro character from some place. A fourth game would need a new Pit, so to speak.
    • Zant (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess). True, he is but Ganandorf's Underling in Twilight Princess, but he's still a menace. There aren't that many evil overlords in the Nintendo roster, and I figure that asking for somebody like Ashnard or the Black Knight from Fire Emblem is just a pipe dream.
    • Black Shadow (F-Zero). Skimmed over F-Zero characters. Might as well put in a nemesis, and he seems more formidable than Samurai Goroh. Keep Goroh as an assist trophy.
    • And the final slot should go to something really random and fun that I could probably never think of. Sort of like what happened when R.O.B. got picked.
    • Dark Samus (Metroid Prime). A good idea if, and only if, ZSS is not made her own character. As the big nemesis in the recent trilogy, I think this makes a lot of sense. Yes, to an extent it'd be a mild clone, but we'll probably never be completely rid of that in Smash.
    I would also drastically expand the assist trophy list. Some brainstorming:
    • Blood Falcon (F-Zero)
    • Baby Bowser (Mario franchise)
    • Princess Elincia (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
    • Apostle Sanaki (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
    • Sothe (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
    • Garet (Golden Sun)
    • Ridley (Metroid)
    • Slippy Toad (Star Fox)
    • Dark Link (Legend of Zelda)
    • Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda)
    • Mewtwo (if not a playable character)
    • Army of randomized Miis
    • Captain Rainbow
    • Protoman or Zero (Mega Man/Mega Man X)
    • Knuckles the Echinda (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    • Tabuu (Smash Brawl: Subspace Emissary)

2. R-Taco

R-Taco Just A Little Bit Crazy

3. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Finally, another place to post my mediocre hopes and dreams of the top 5 characters that should be in SSB4! Info, movesets, pictures, all that jazz. They're fairly... well, they're massive, so, spoiler tag'd.

5) - MEWTWO

[​IMG]
    Find someone cooler. I dare you. Go on! Do it!

Pokemon is a MASSIVE series. MASSIVE. Probably bigger than Zelda, though still under Mario. Currently, it has seven movesets... SEVEN. That's seven times as many as F-Zero! But, though it has a bunch of heroes, there's one thing it's lacking... a bad guy. I know, I know, Mewtwo isn't technically a VILLAIN, but he's the closest thing to a Final Boss that Red and Blue had. Not to mention the fact he was originally IN BRAWL!

Ganondorf and Bowser as the head honchos of Subspace is something I can believe. One is magical, one is strong, but it's lacking that pure brilliance that is Mewtwo. Ganondorf dissecting Mr. Game & Watch and finding out that his insides are a powerful weapon? Nah. MEWTWO dissecting Mr. Game & Watch? That's more like it!

However, Pokemon has, again SEVEN reps. SEVEN. So Mewtwo ranks down at a lowly #5... it's a shame Lucario's in. Maybe I could have put a much better Pokemon up higher on the list. :p

[​IMG]
    Badass, isn't it? I'd look a lot better with Mewtwo, though.

MOVESET

Generally, Mewtwo would play the same way that he did in Melee. However, to make him actually USEFUL, there needs to be some changes. First of all, he should be stronger, faster, and all around better at kicking ass. He should be fast and furious, with good hits to knock the opponent around. Remember the Pokemon Movies? He flung a rhino made of solid rock across the room without even breaking a sweat. That's the kind of thing I'd want!

His A moves are fine, but his B moves would need a few changes...

B - Shadow Ball It should be rapid-fire for some opportunities, and chargable for when a heavy shot is needed.

B> - Confuse Ray Mewtwo's confusion (the one that caused a shield-break-like effect) attack in Melee was AWESOME. But it didn't work from afar. In order to keep it... not... broken, you would need to shorten the downtime it causes, and make it shoot in a straight line. But locking down opponents should be Mewtwo's specialty.

B^ - Teleport Perfect as is... MAYBE make the reach a tad larger, but otherwise perfect.

Bv - Reflect Think Fox's Reflector + Zelda's Nayru's Love. Immediately reflects all attacks (physical or ranged), damages those nearby, but doesn't stick around for long, and has a lot of startup lag.

Oh, and he doesn't have a Final Smash, either. Let's make one up.

Final Smash - Psychic Mewtwo pauses and holds his head for a few seconds. All opponents take MASSIVE damage - the closer you are to Mewtwo, the more damage dealt. If you're right next to him, 100%. If you're at the other side of the Bridge of Eldin, 20%.

For Brawl, it may never have been. So until SSB4 is released and we hope to see you among its ranks... goodnight, sweet mutant prince thing. :crying:

4) - TINGLE

[​IMG]
    Not as glamourous as Spider-Man's origin... but it gets the job done.

I am a massive, MASSIVE Tingle fan. I prayed for him in Brawl, and his lack of appearance was... distressing.

I know that's what you're thinking. Why isn't the best character in the history of gaming #1? As much as I love Tingle, he's not THAT major. However, the niche he would fill IS. Let's look at the Zelda roster. Link, Zelda, and Sheik, all with a unique moveset; Ganondorf and Toon Link, both with (mostly) clones movesets. Compare this to Mario and its spinoffs - with seven unique characters - and Pokemon - with, again, seven unique characters. Clearly our favorite sword-swinging epic has been shafted.

While Tingle would not guarantee a cloneless moveset, he's the most major character with a chance to be completely unique. His popularity in Japan, as evidenced by the picture beneath this paragraph, speaks for itself. With two games of his own, and more appearances than Ganon himself in the main series, there's no real reason to exclude him. And the fact he was put in as an Assist Trophy proves just how close he was to a coveted spot in the roster... however, the fact he, like everyone else, has a chance to be cloned, and the Zelda series DOES have four characters more than most series, puts him in a fitting fourth - right next to the "Big Three."

[​IMG]
    When a company thinks putting an elderly man in green latex will BOOST sales...

MOVESET

While Tingle COULD be a clone (maybe one of Toon Zelda, with Rupee Magic... or something...), odds are, he'd be completely unique. While he hasn't shown off too many combat skills in his time in the sun, it's still more than, say, Captain Falcon has. With some tweaking, methinks he could fit in perfectly.

Stat-wise, he's be light and slow-moving, but able to rack up damage quickly with aerial moves. Tingle would almost be a Jigglypuff-style character; easy to beat up on the ground, but untouchable in mid-air. His general persona would be gleeful... almost like he's beating the crap out of you ACCIDENTALLY. A Moves would involve slaps, kicks, and headbutts, along with a good dose of confetti. Toss in some killer, magical smashes, and you'd have a great character.

B - Rupee Throw Tingle shoots out a single Rupee in the vein of PK Fire or Sheik's Needles, but with minor knockback. Chargeable; the longer you hold down B, the more the Rupee is worth, and the more damage done. (Green-Blue-Yellow-Red-Purple-Orange-Silver-Gold)

B> - Scuffle Like in Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, Tingle dives forward and grabs someone. A comical dust cloud appears (like in cartoons), and if you spin the control stick, more damage is dealt. After the dust clears, the opponent will be on the ground and unable to get up for a short while, and Tingle will clean his hands.

Bv - Tingle Bomb A VERY useful move in The Wind Waker. There, he'd drop a bomb wherever you'd like. Here, he pulls out a big bomb (like, the size of an Electrode) and tosses it forward. REALLY strong, but hard to hit people with, because it takes a while to throw.

B^ - Tingle Balloon Tingle inflates a balloon, giving him a slight boost in height and allowing him to float for a short while, similar to Peach. Chargeable, the longer you hold down B, the higher you'll climb in the initial boost. If Tingle Bomb or Rupee Throw is performed, they'll be dropped instead of thrown, and Rupees turn into Force Gems, which similarly increase in power.

Final Smash - Jackpot. Tingle does his signature dance, and Rupees of various worth rain from the sky, dealing a bunch of damage to all enemies. Occationally, Tingle Bombs will fall, too, causing an explosion twice the size of a regular attack.

And just for the heck of it...

Up Taunt - Tingle throws confetti once with both hands, then spins around, all while singing "Tingle, Tingle, Kooloo-Limpah!"
    Side Taunt - Tingle looks quickly from side to side and scribbles on a piece of paper, making a map of the surrounding area.
    Down Taunt - Tingle inflates a balloon, but it fills too much and pops, giving him a look of great surprise.

3) - SAMURAI GOROH

[​IMG]
    Close... so very close... if only Sakurai were a more merciful dictator...

Look at the original ten francises. Mario and Pokemon had friends from the start... Zelda got three... Starfox and Kirby got two... Donkey Kong and Mother got one... even Metroid got Zero Suit Samus! Ignoring Yoshi, since he's just a Mario spinoff anyways, Captain Falcon is the only core francise who hasn't gotten a buddy (err... other character). Poor Falcon. [​IMG]

It's not as if F-Zero has a lack of characters to draw from. F-Zero GX, it's most recent console outing, had a total of 41(!) different racers, from princesses to superheroes to arms dealers. However, when looking at potential players, there's not reason to glance past the original four - Captain Falcon, Dr. Stewart, Pico, and our hero's eternal rival, Samurai Goroh. While he, like Falcon, has never been seen out of the cockpit for extended periods of time, that shouldn't hamper his moveset possibilities. Not only is he a bounty hunter, Goroh is (if you couldn't tell by the name) a freakin' SAMURAI.

SAMURAI!

Putting him on the sidelines is inexcusible. Unlike the previous two choices, I can't imagine any reason NOT to include another F-Zero character. Too many swords? I don't care. SAMURAI BOUNTY HUNTER FROM OUTER SPACE!!! There's a reason he's SUPER KICKASS CAPTAIN FALCON'S rival! So why does he only rank in third? You'll see soon enough...

[​IMG]
    ...it's hard to find good pictures of him.

MOVESET

Goroh is a tricky one. If you can't tell by his physique, he would obviously be a heavyweight. But samurai are usually fast, right? So what do we do with him, fast and weak, or slow and strong? It's a tough choice for many, but in my opinion, why choose at all? Both!

His running speed would be painfully slow. But his attack speed... LIGHTNING. The Fire Stingray (his machine) has an A in Body and a B in Grip, making it strong and easy to use, but a D in Boost, giving him a handicap speed-wise and a slow starter. This should be reflected in his moveset. A Moves would be quick, nearly Meta Knight-like, allowing him to rack up the damage. His B Moves would be the opposite, big and clunkly like his machine, but if they're excuted right, BAM!

B - Goroh Slash Falcon Punch with a sword. Long overhead charge with a MASSIVE downswing, dealing massive damage and knockback to whoever you can hit with it, if anyone at all, as it's slower than the Falcon Punch. Also, fire!

B> - Final Slash Ever play Kirby Super Star's "Samurai Kirby" minigame? It showcases a classic in Samurai Movies, and westerns, too... the quick-draw. Both warriors stare eachother down and dash forward, faster than light, drawing their swords in the process, or simply yank their gun out of its holster. The one whose blade (or bullet) was flashed first wins... the other... dies. In short, it's Ike's B>, only a lot more start-up lag and an effect similar (but a weaker than) the Lyn Assist. His main K.O. move.

B^ - Helicopter Blade Goroh spins his sword around like a helicopter, giving him slight lift and dealing a multi-hit to whoever is above him. It's suckish, but that's another handicap of his. Also, fire, again!

Bv - Flame Trail FWOOSH! Goroh should be a fire guy... it's his trademark! FIRE Stingray! Meh. Anyways, he stabs his sword into the ground and flame shoot out of the ground in a row before him, slowly growing larger, the final dealing a lot of knockback. If someone is caught in the startup stab, they'll be pulled along the path and rocketed into the air.

Final Smash - The Goroh Gang Strikes! Goroh shouts for his men to come, and two F-Zero machines similar to his (but with different paintjobs) rocket across the screen in an "X" formation, pulling whoever the catch into the middle of the X. During this process two of Goroh's Men (which you can see HERE) come out and slash quickly at the people caught in the middle for a short qhile. Goroh stands beneath this preparing to strike, and once his men are finished, he leaps up and does a near automatic K.O. to those in the center, similar to a vertical version of his B>.

That Final Smash probably didn't come out very clearly... oh well. It looked really cool in my head.

2) - ANIMAL CROSSER

[​IMG]
    The face of a true warrior!

Animal Crosser? In second? Are you mad, man? Yes, I am, but for entirely different reasons.

Once Smashville was confirmed, most of us didn't wonder "Would Animal Crossing get a rep?" Most of us wondered "What will Animal Crossing's rep be?" A fake article about the Animal Crossing Character being confirmed was spread around... and no one second guessed it. It seemed THAT likely. So the final roster was leaked, and I'm sure I wasn' the only who was surprised by the fact there was no big headed freak in the mix!

Smash Bros. has always been a blend of the old and new. Ness and Lucas, Marth and Ike, Jigglypuff and Lucario... but most of the "new" characters are from long-standing series, such as Fire Emblem or Mother. Olimar is the sole representative of a new game SERIES, not just a new GAME. Animal Crosser would usurp that role. While Pikmin was released at Gamecube launch, alongside Melee, Animal Crossing wasn't released until some time AFTER, evidenced by the various trophies found in the game. Yeah, there was Animal Forest in Japan for the N64... but we can just ignore that, for sake of argument. :p

He's new, he's popular, and he has the right equipment for the job. So why wasn't he included?
    Let's here it straight from the man himself...

"...does not seem plausable to fight."

:shrug:

SURE Sakurai. If you can make an old 80s toy work, you can make a popular character with a satchel full of stuff work. He better be in next time around...

[​IMG]
    Alternate costume anybody?

MOVESET

I picture Animal Crosser as a "high-roller" of sorts... high risk, high reward. But first, a cool little feature they could have included/could include... if you have Animal Crossing, you can choose from your characters as costume choices! It would be awesome. ANYWAYS! What I mean by high risk, high reward is that attacks can either A) have a bunch of extra "oomph" or B) fail miserably. His stats would be similar to Mario's, though a tad slower, and a tad heavier. A moves consist primarily of punches, kicks, and utilization of his (MASSIVE!) head.

Smash Attacks For smashes, I would use Axe as his Side Smash. He swings the axe, doing a TON of damage, but virtually no knockback. To play into his playstyle, it would have a slim, 2% chance of being a Golden Axe, which deals somewhere around 70% damage, and a slightly higher chance of pulling out his Net, which does 1%, deals no knockback, and leaves you open for a short while with a dumb look on your face. His Up Smash would open a parasol above him, dealing massive knockback but no real damage. It would occationally be inside-out which, like the net, does nothing. Same thing for his Down Smash, but instead, he thrusts the parasol forward and down, then opens it.

B - Slingshot Chargeable. Animal Crosser takes out a slingshot and fires one shot forward. There's a slim it will be Golden, shoot really, REALLY fast, and explode on contact. There's also a chance nothing will fire at all, and Animal Crosser will be left vulnerable.

B> - Item Throw Animal Crosser flings a leaf forward, which, after a second, turns into an item of some sort. It can range from a piece of stationary, which does nothing, to a big-screen TV, which does MASSIVE damage. Some item, such as chairs, will shatter on impact with an enemy or the ground, while some, such as couches, will remain on the ground and can be carried, like Wario's Bike.

B^ - Fishing Rod It's a fishing rod... and a B^... can you guess what it does? It's, of course, a tether recovery. Sometimes it'll cast nothing, and you'll DIE, and sometimes it'll be Golden, and have infinite reach and automatically reel you to the edge.

Bv - Dig Up Animal Crosser digs into the ground and finds something - a fossil, a gyroid, a bag of money, etc - and carries it around. Pretty much all items that can be thrown... occasionally, he'll find nothing and be distressed, have a Golden Shovel and dig up a HUGE bag of money, or a beehive (WHY ARE THERE BEES UNDERGROUND!?!), which causes bees to chase him around and do damage, similar to a flower. They can be passed around like a Gooey Bomb.

Final Smash - Tree of Life Animal Crosser plants a tree wherever he's standing. Within a few seconds a tree grows, which varies in size depending on the stage. You can hit it, and items will fall out, from regular items, to edible fruit, to bee's nests (WHY GOD WHY!?), to stuff from Animal Crosser's moves. The tree will eventually wilt and fall over, but it can be toppled if attacked enough.

1) - ANOTHER METROID REP!

[​IMG]
    Eight. EIGHT OPTIONS. Come on Sakurai... PICK ONE!!!

Toon Link. Diddy Kong and Wario. Meta Knight and King Dedede. What are all of these things? New characters added to old series. Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Pokemon, some of Nintendo's biggest francises got new characters. So did smaller series, like Starfox and Mother. So what did Metroid get? A transformation.

The Metroid series is one of Nintendo's biggest. Besides Mario Galaxy and Brawl itself, Metroid Prime 3 is the game Nintendo was banking on to sell the Wii to "core" gamers. And over the years, the series has had a bunch of bosses, enemies, and rivals. Ridley is the first that came to the mind of most fans - but others, such as Dark Samus and the Hunters from Metroid Prime: Hunters, were popular ideas as well. And since this is Numero Uno, I'll go into detail with all of them.

RIDLEY

[​IMG]
    The scourge of the Galactic Federation... and of Samus Aran.

The year is 20XX. The place is Earth Colony K-2L. A horde of Space Pirates, led by the viscious Ridley, attacks... leaving all but a three-year-old girl dead. This girl's name? Samus.

Many think Ridley is just a recurring boss. He's not. The connection between Samus and Ridley is closer than the connection between Mario and Bowser, or Link and Ganon. If it weren't for Ridley's attack, Samus as we know her would not exist. If it weren't for his hatred of Samus, Ridley would have died long ago. Most arguments against his inclusion are "lol 2 big" or "emtroid sux" and such. They're terrible arguments... though, admittantly, after his role as a boss in SSE, shrinking him down WOULD feel out of place.

Sadly, it seems Sakurai has decided that Ridley just doesn't have a place in the roster. It's a shame. I mean, come on... Samus vs. Ridley. It's the matchup of the century! Look around the internet - I'm sure you can find the story of Samus and Ridley's first meeting somewhere. Tragic stuff, man. Tragic stuff.

DARK SAMUS

[​IMG]
    The Dark Hunter... has not yet arrived. :sweat:

At the end of Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime (hooray redundancy!), the final boss, was defeated, and Samus left the planet. But if you beat the game 100%... you see a brief image of a hand, reaching from the puddles of Phazon which the great beast inhabited. This hand... was Dark Samus. In Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Dark Samus, who is Metroid Prime in a new form, took center stage in the spread of Phazon and was worked into the Light/Dark theme. In Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, she took control of the Space Pirates, but was eventually defeated, because, well, good wins, yay.

[​IMG]
    The epic showdown on a dying world!

Dark Samus is, of course, an evil doppelganger of regular Samus. But if you think that means she'd just be a clone... take a glance at Wario. She could be VERY unique, as she's floaty in the same vein as Mewtwo, and would have Phazon-based attacks, similar to Lucario's Aura and Ganondorf's Darkness. While she could certainly share moves with Samus, her playstyle would be COMPLETELY different. And though it is true (I think) that the Prime subseries was unpopular in Japan... come on. DARK SAMUS. METROID PRIME. She's the titular character, and they need to throw America a bone.

But, sadly, much like Ridley... it seems Sakurai has already decided against her. The description on her trophy says that she's identical to Samus. Another possible character down the drain...

THE HUNTERS

[​IMG]
    Six different characters. Not too many choices thar.

If you ask me, and I'm sure this opinion isn't shared by many, Metroid Prime: Hunters was unbearably terrible. But you know what WASN'T terrible? The characters it introduced. Weavel, the Space Pirate with a vendetta. Trace, the sniping warlord. Noxus, the frigid alien. Kanden, the experiment gone wrong. Sylux, the mysterious theif and terrorist. Spire, the last of his kind. Now, do any of those sound like they'd be LAME ideas? No. No, they don't.

If Metroid Prime was unpopular in Japan, Metroid Prime: Hunters was bargain bin within a week of release. But still. There's six, humanoid characters with wide possibilities for movesets... it's easier to put them in than ANYONE else. I mean, none of them have any real STORY... well... except for one of them.

SYLUX

[​IMG]
    Samus's next rival!?

He may not look impressive, but he may be a major character before next-gen! Unlike most of the Hunters in Metroid Prime: Hunters (man, I've been using that word WAY too much...), Sylux isn't there for the weapon at stake. He has a personal vendetta against the Galactic Federation and Samus by association. Why? We don't know. All we know is that his suit and weapon are Federation Tech, and he's a wanted fugitive. His race, true look, and even his real name is a mystery.

But the real question is... does he deserve a spot in Smash Bros? I mean, he's just been in that one game, right? You're wrong... maybe.

[​IMG]

This is the mysterious ship seen at the end of Metroid Prime 3, chasing after Samus. If you have Metroid Prime: Hunters, look around for his ship, the Delano 7... are they the same? Decide for yourself. But if Sylux truly is a part of the next chapter in Metroid history, then he may be in the next chapter of Super Smash Bros. as well!

...but I digress. Ridley, Dark Samus, Sylux, hell, I'd take KRAID at this point. Just give us another Metroid character to play as. I think it's deserved it.

(P.S. - Yes, having eight characters tie for first is a cop out, and no, I'm not doing movesets for any of them, as it would make the others feel left out. Fictional charcters have feelings, too.)

...but, for now, I am content. :sweat:

4. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

Top 5 characters I think would rock in the next Smash:

5. Mewtwo

Obviously. Same moveset as before, just balance him so that he isn't total garbage this time.

4. Little Mac

Come on, there's no excuse for him to sit the next one out. And sure he only uses punches, but so does Balrog in Street Fighter. You could easily have his special moves based around his opponents moves from the game. His Side-B would be a dash like Ike or Fox's, His Up-B would be his super uppercut, and his down B could be a counter. But unlike other counters in the game, this one merely stuns your opponent to allow you a free hit. His final smash should abviously be a punch rush into a super knockout punch. He might be a bit plain of a fighter, but he still belongs in the game

3. Mike Jones

This will obviously never happen, but this is a wishlist so he makes it on here. Mike has a few techniques that would be simillar to Ness, so he'd have to be switched up a bit. His b-moves would be based on moves does in the games, and his A-moves would be based around the yo-yo. His final smash would either involve the sub. Again, he might be a bit close to Ness with what he has, but the lack of PSI powers would hopefully make him a more unique character.

2. King K. Rool

I was so disappointed that he didn't make Brawl. It's pretty obvious he would fit this game very well as I have not found a person yet he does not want him in the series. Also, we really need more villains as characters.

1. A new F-Zero/Metroid rep

I don't really care which one gets a new rep, but I think these series, above the others, deserve another character. I personally don't even care who, they just need more.

Also, a bonus list of the top 10 things I personally want in the next game that will probably never happen. These are things other than characters, though.

10. A new Earthbound stage
    9. More than 4 players
    8. Kirby/Ness/Luigi do not get nerfed
    7. FLUDD is made an item
    6. Individual stories are made for Subspace Emissary
    5. Mega Man is brought in as a 3rd party character
    4. Captain Rainbow somehow makes an appearance
    3. The Dragoon is removed from existence
    2. Stages return from Brawl, Melee, AND 64 Brawl
    1. Online is no longer broken

5. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

In all seriousness, 3rd party characters should be limited to 1 to 2 per company unless we are to go all-out and do something like this.

Smash Bros. vs Everyone

* = unlockable characters

30 starters / 20 unlockable

Mario
    Luigi *
    Peach
    Bowser
    Yoshi
    Wario
    Donkey Kong
    Fox
    Samus
    Kirby
    Meta Knight
    Pit
    R.O.B.
    Captain Falcon
    Ness
    Pikachu
    Pokemon Trainer * (this time female)
    Jigglypuff *
    Lucario
    Mr. Game & Watch
    Link
    Zelda
    Ganondorf *
    Isaac *
    Marth
    Ike
    Little Mac *
    Saki *

Sonic
    Knuckles *
    Vectorman *
    Billy Hatcher *

Pac-Man
    Llyod *
    Knightmare *

Mega Man
    Viewtiful Joe *
    Phoenix Wright *

Sora
    Geno *

Snake
    Simon Belmont *

Bomberman
    Rayman
    Travis Touchdown *
    Ryu Hayabusa *
    Bub and Bob *
    Laura Croft
    Crash Bandicoot
    Marina Lightyears *

Reasonably...

Sonic and Knuckles from SEGA, Snake from KONAMI, Mega Man and Viewtiful Joe from CAPCOM, Bomberman from HUDSON, Geno from SQUARE-ENIX, Pac-Man from NAMCO, Travis Touchdown from UBISOFT, Marina Lightyears from TREASURE.

6. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

Travis Touchdown would be a great 3rd party character.

At the very least, an assist trophy would be cool.

7. Mikintosh

Mikintosh Active Member

If they're still doing 3rd parties and Nintendo will have made up with Capcom over Resident Evil 4 for the PS2, then I insist they include Phoenix Wright, who is will hit people with his lawyer's briefcase and destroy them with his Objection Final Smash. It'll be delightful.

8. Eddy

Eddy there's a chicken on my head

It's times like this I wish Rare wasn't bought out by Microsoft. If only because Banjo and Kazooie would make for an awesome Smash Bros. character.

They're Final Smash could be the JINJONATOR.

9. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Well Rare could feasibly have guest characters in a PORTABLE Smash Bros. so Nintendo should get on that.

10. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

But Rare didn't use Banjo or Conker in DKRDS, Conker I can understand since he now has that "Mature" image, but Banjo I couldn't until I saw Nuts and Bolt, new art style might have had something to do with it.

11. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

DS Smash is the next obvious choice. I think that may be what we get next.

Super Smash Bros. Double Smash?

12. Charles Chimag

Charles Chimag I also find this amusing!

At the risk of repeating what other people have said, here's my proposed roster.

All Brawl Characters
    Mewtwo
    Little Mac
    Mii (select a Mii through alternate colors)
    King K. Rool
    Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
    Dr. Eggman/Robotnik
    Waluigi
    Pac-Man
    Mega Man
    Bomberman
    Simon Belmont
    Balloon Fighter
    Samurai Goroh
    Ridley
    Krystal

Total: 50 characters

I also second a DS Smash Bros., as basically a remake of the original Smash Bros., but with trophies.

13. R-Taco

It has to be a word that means "fight", so what about SmackDown (it's reversed, but hey)?

14. Eddy

Getting trophies of the bosses in this game is the most annoying thing ever. So far I've gotten Petey Piranha and Rayquaza and that's it. I've been trying to get Porky next but to no avail. I've tried playing it on Intense using Mr. Game & Watch (since he has a Big Boss sticker which increases trophy drop counts) and one of the following happens: (a) a trophy stand appears while Porky still has far too much health to get him, (b) I kill Porky accidentally after waiting forever for a trophy stand to appear, or (c) he kills me after waiting forever for a trophy stand to appear since the slightest tap in SSE sends characters flying.

And it doesn't help that it takes three years for you to actually throw the damn thing. I really hate the whole trophy stand concept.

15. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

Smackdown might be trademarked. How about Decisive Scuffle?

16. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I've gotten all except Taboo and the two Ridleys. Meta Ridley is hard as hell because you can only throw the stand when he's stationary, and that means the trophy falls through the gap. The fact that he's at the end of the longest stage ever doesn't help.

I almost regret getting the Porky trophy. The description is one HUGE spoiler for Mother 3.

17. Demonic Raven

Demonic Raven Active Member

Super Smash Bros Duel.

Duel....dual (screen)...that's the best I could come up with.

18. R-Taco

But doesn't "duel" imply one-on-one?

19. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Mr Sonic thought it was time those lousy plumbers learned some respect

[​IMG]

20. Eddy

I finally got the Porky trophy. Ugh. Now to get all the other bosses. :|