Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 22, 2017.
If King Kraken was in this would we have to rename it Suicide Squid hehehehe
Mm, he'll probably closer to the the comic book version than the one note CW version.
The special features look cool (audio commentary for the win ) though I question whether it was necessary to create a special feature based around discussing...plot devices .
I can see the dynamic between Deadshot and Bronze Tiger being similar to what it was in the comics when Ben was in charge of the Squad, or even reflective of Flagg and Deadshot's dynamic.
I hope he gets a good showing in this .
You know there's not much to that version of the character when they end up getting killed off in the tie-in comic .
Why no Frost on the cover art?
Huh, y'know I just noticed that. I wonder if that means something ?
(Although I still think Copperhead has a better chance of biting it).
She could be on the back cover. Or for the same reason Flash gets snubbed on the covers of the JL movies.
Copperhead has the smell of being a red shirt all over him. If he lived to say more than two lines, I'd be surprised. It would make for one heck of a twist if he managed to make it all the way.
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
For those wondering, the Sneak Peek mostly features James Tucker, Sam Liu & Wes Gleason. Christian Slater & Kristin Bauer van Straten also get a couple of words in the video. Here are a couple of things revealed:
- James Tucker calls the movie Mission: Impossible meets Breaking Bad. He tries telling what the Suicide Squad are searching for, but the video cuts off and a "Spoilers Removed by order of the Management" screen appears.
- Doctor Fate can be seen briefly.
- The movie really focuses on Deadshot, and his search for redemption, and relationship with his daughter. He's the center of the story. His reason to join the mission is to see his daughter, he thinks traveling across the country will let him see her. The dynamic between him and Bronze Tiger are at thew forefront.
And I'd like to remind everyone - just in case - that while discussing the contents of the Sneak Peek is allowed, please do not link to or post any illegally uploaded copies of the video.
Heh, that's a first when it comes to spoilers .
So it seems Yojimbo was on-point with his Dr. Fate theory .
I'm glad to see they'll be acknowledging Zoe and her importance to Deadshot, as well as focusing on his dynamic with Bronze Tiger .
EDIT: Expanding on Royal Rubble's post about the Sneak Peek:
- There's a scene that shows a monitor featuring Count Vertigo, Punch, Jewelee, and Deadshot. Punch's face is crossed out. I'm guessing they're the Squad that starts out the movie and everybody except Deadshot ends up dead, necessitating Waller forming a new Squad of the movie's cast.
- Bronze Tiger is "possibly the world's greatest martial artist" and he took a vow to never kill after murdering his wife's killers. That's one of the reasons Waller didn't put him in charge of the Squad.
- Killer Frost is the Crystal Frost version. Her powers first activated when she froze her abusive parents.
World's Finest posted the back cover. Confirms Copperhead and Bronze Tiger are the newbies to the team. Runtime listed at 86 minutes. Nice.
The longest out of all the DTV's.
Plus, the back of the DVD lists Robert J. Kral as the composer. He always does great work.
DC All Access has an exclusive clip from the movie, plus an interview with Julie Nathanson. Between the 8:02-10:02 minutes marks.
Y'know Vanessa Williams' performance honestly reminds me of a younger CCH Pounder...
I wonder how Maxum Steel ended up with Dr. Fate's symbol on his...hind area ?
Premieres at Wonder Con on March 23 from 7-9 pm in the Arena. Panel includes voice actors, James Tucker, Sam Liu, and Alan Burnett.
Phil Bourassa posted Copperhead's design:
Playstation's Youtube channel has an exclusive sneak peek from the movie:
Holy callbacks, Batman! So in the cold open, the squad sent out is Deadshot, Punch & Jewelee, Vertigo, and Black Manta?! Guess we know what happened to Manta after Throne. And the damage on his helmet, heh. Plus, Tobias Whale works for Black Mask who appeared in Bad Blood! And Deadshot's fat joke -- wonder if that be taken literal since the tie-comic revealed she has a terminal condition. Lot of food for thought.
Manta showing up as the pilot was kind of random. Certainly not the first place I expected him to show up after what happened to him in Thrones of Atlantis. I only just noticed the marks on his helmet from the shark attack .
Did they get Harry Lennix back? I'm not sure if that's him or not .
I love that they captured how affectionate Punch and Jewelee are, even on missions, which is straight from the Suicide Squad comics. They'd totally be the sweetest couple ever if they weren't also violent criminals .
I also love how Deadshot makes a joke about Waller losing weight given we're getting skinny Waller in this .
Punch and Judy... Dead! Yeah that's pretty obvious.
If a little sad ...