"Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,191 6
A Valid Location
A "Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay" animated movie was announced for 2018 at the San Diego Comic-Con.
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay, the first Suicide Squad movie set within the DC Universe Original Movies’ shared continuity. (Batman: Assault on Arkham, the 2014 movie that also featured the Suicide Squad was set within the Arkham video game continuity.) Hell to Pay will feature an original story and what’s promised to be an amazing, though sadly not-yet-revealed, voice cast.
Source: DC Comics Blog

Stay tuned for further updates!
Comments?

May 28, 2012
Ratings
California
Is this the only one set in continuity with the other films next year? Seems like it. It's also the only one I'm interested in!

My lineup:

-Harley Quinn
-Deadshot
-El Diablo
-Killer Frost
-Bronze Tiger
-Katana
-Bane/Killer Croc/King Shark
-Expendable Villain

Bestmand902

Feb 1, 2015
Ratings
134 1
Wait a sec, what if Orm pops up in this movie? Maybe that "Proposition" Lex Luthor was talking to him about in the stinger to Throne Of Atlantis was being a part of The Suicide Squad. It's a stretch, to be sure, considering Waller typically is the one who commissions the squad, but I'm really looking forward to seeing that plotline wrapped up and I just though "Eh, why not give this theory a shot?"

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Jul 24, 2007
Ratings
834 4
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
We don't know that yet. The Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen two-parter could be folded into this continuity in the same manner as was The Judas Contract.
I think the fact that they specifically noted the shared continuity for this movie and not the other three implies that this might be the one and only next year.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,913 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Another Suicide Squad movie (and one not tied directly to Batman) should be fun, and not all that surprising given how much of a hot property the Squad has become as of late :cool:.

Given this is confirmed to be in-continuity, I imagine we're going to be getting a lot of character debuts in this film, with most likely Amanda Waller and Rick Flag showing up, though I'm definitely curious to see who fills out the Squad roster :ack:.

Will it be completely original or harken towards the movie team? I imagine Harley, Captain Boomerang, and Deadshot will probably be locks for the team though ;).

Also curious to see what kind of mission the Squad will be sent on...

BigFatHairyDeal

Defender of the Universe
Sep 7, 2004
Ratings
152 1
I was not expecting this announcement. I can't help but wonder when this project initially got underway. Was it before the live action movie was released? If so, I can see this done in expectation to build off the projected success of the major motion picture. Of course, now SS is looked as one of the critical flops that Wonder Woman had to bail out. Either way, it feels like WB is doubling down on these guys.

Which brings me to my next point... we just had a SS movie a few years back, and we're getting a new one already? I get that the movie, success or not, increased the profile of the SS, but if these animated movies were made under a bubble in which anything goes and new ideas got preference, I don't think there's anyway way they make another SS movie so soon.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,913 45
Sherman Oaks CA
I wonder if Jason O'Mara's Batman will show up in this movie? Particularly given they tend to associate the Suicide Squad with Batman (Assault on Arkham, his publicized cameos in the live-action movie) :).

I wouldn't be surprised if they use flashbacks to establish the Squad like in the other SS movies, and if Harley and Deadshot are in it then it's likely we'd see Batman in that to some degree. We might even finally see the proper debut of this universes Joker :eek:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,006 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I wonder if Jason O'Mara's Batman will show up in this movie? Particularly given they tend to associate the Suicide Squad with Batman (Assault on Arkham, his publicized cameos in the live-action movie) :).

I wouldn't be surprised if they use flashbacks to establish the Squad like in the other SS movies, and if Harley and Deadshot are in it then it's likely we'd see Batman in that to some degree. We might even finally see the proper debut of this universes Joker :eek:.
Eh, I'd raaaaaather not see Batman or Joker in it. But I wouldn't be surprised if the former did like they did...like with Justice League vs. Teen Titans or Justice League Dark. In any case, it should be informing to see a bit of the government's POV in this canon. There was a little of it in War. But to see how they've adapted to developments since then, such as forming a Suicide Squad because conventional warfare like with Sam Lane's deployment in Throne of Atlantis was pretty useless.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,191 6
A Valid Location
I think Harley Quinn and possibly Deadshot have the best chances of appearing in this movie. It would be nice if they brought back some of the guys from Bad Blood (if any of them survived - I can't recall off-hand :p).

It's pretty cool they're adding more and more characters and teams to this continuity,

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,913 45
Sherman Oaks CA
I think Harley Quinn and possibly Deadshot have the best chances of appearing in this movie. It would be nice if they brought back some of the guys from Bad Blood (if any of them survived - I can't recall off-hand :p).

It's pretty cool they're adding more and more characters and teams to this continuity,
And let's not forget about Captain Boomerang ;).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,006 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
God I can't wait for the preview, I'm really anxious to see the lineup!
It'll probably be a lot of character debuts introduced in this movie canon. I think we can definitely count on Deadshot and Harley Quinn. But on the other hand, they have some Squad members from the comics that have shown up in these movies like Killer Croc, Black Manta, Blockbuster, Penguin, Solomon Grundy, and Cheetah.

Status
Not open for further replies.