Streaming rights for Cartoon Network's back catalog

Latest News

Apr 11, 2015
Ratings
633 9
Should Boomerang get the streaming rights to all the pre-2010 Cartoon Network originals and Hulu retain the rights to the post-2010 and currently-running CN originals, or should the rights to CN's pre-2010 back catalog be split between Boomerang and Hulu?

The main reason I am asking this is because Hulu doesn't have very many classic CN shows. Dexter's Laboratory expired from Hulu back in April, and is now among Boomerang's most requested shows for them to add. Currently, Boomerang has four older CN shows available - Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Life and Times of Juniper Lee, Camp Lazlo, and My Gym Partner's a Monkey - and they might want to build up on that in the future. Additionally, I don't know how much longer Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Chowder, and The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack will be available on Hulu - the only older CN shows I am expecting to remain on Hulu are The Powerpuff Girls (1998) and Ben 10 (2005).

Dr.Pepper

Sep 10, 2006
Ratings
1,281 7
In A House
If they’re not on Hulu, I say send them to Boomerang. I don’t have the Boomrang app but I will be more inclined to check it out if there were more older CN shows. Right now I’m only interested in Courage, but not enough to pay for the app.

wonderfly

Shaking things up a bit
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Ratings
890 14
Springfield, MO
Are there not any Cartoon Network shows on Netflix anymore?

What about other Powerhouse era shows, like Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, or I Am Weasel?

(Wasn't Samurai Jack on Hulu a few months back?)

Apr 11, 2015
Ratings
633 9
Are there not any Cartoon Network shows on Netflix anymore?

What about other Powerhouse era shows, like Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, or I Am Weasel?

(Wasn't Samurai Jack on Hulu a few months back?)
Netflix's contract with CN expired in stages. Most of their shows left in March 2015, and the contract fully expired in November 2016.

Hulu used to have seasons 1-4 of Samurai Jack, but the entire series has since defected to Adult Swim's online streaming initiative where they have entire episodes and seasons available for free without a cable login.