Static Shock

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by adoptedBatpuppy, Jul 20, 2004.

1. adoptedBatpuppy

adoptedBatpuppy Confidence is the Key

Was there ever a comic book published based on the Kids WB's Animated Series?

2. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

They never did get around to a "Static Shock Adventures" book, and that's a shame. I'd have bought it.

3. EJill34

EJill34 Member

I definitely would have bought it. I'm not sure why they've treated Static this way. It's a great show that makes great ratings. Never made sense to me why they wouldn't want to capitalize on it's success. An Ebon action figure would have kicked ass. Unfortunately the show doesn't get a lot of attention over here, but I'm sure plenty of people on these boards watch it.

4. Dwayne McDuffie

Nope. I begged DC to let us do an Adventures-style book (it's their choice, contractually). They said, "no." Repeatedly. I ask them pretty much every three months. I'll try again at San Diego.

5. staticblue

staticblue Active Member

What about static joining the titans? i heard that was supposed to happen? what happened with that?

6. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Is there even a Static Shock toyline? I never watched this show much, I don't even know how much has aired here in the UK, but I've never seen any merchandise, and it's only just being released on DVD, after it's ended.

So how did it last so long?