Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Mar 29, 2018
Ratings
Lancashire, England
www.tumblr.com
Spyro's back and he's all scaled up! Same sick burns, same smoldering attitude, now all scaled up in stunning HD. Spyro is bringing the heat like never before in the Spyro™ Reignited Trilogy game collection. Rekindle the fire with the original three games, Spyro™ the Dragon, Spyro™ 2: Ripto's Rage! and Spyro™: Year of the Dragon. Explore the expansive realms, re-encounter the fiery personalities and relive the adventure in fully remastered glory. Because when there’s a realm that needs saving, there’s only one dragon to call.

Let's be honest, we all saw this coming. The release date is Sept. 21st according to this, and it's coming to both PS4 and Xbox One as well. No sign of a Nintendo Switch release though (yet). These were childhood favourites of mine, so I'm happy to see them get the N-Sane Trilogy treatment.

Feel free to discuss.

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Ratings
541 8
Italy
I’m really excited about these remakes.

I used to play the original games a lot when I was young, and then by the late 2000s I thought the series was officially dead after seeing those horrendous “Legend of Spyro” games.

I hope this remake will give the purple dragon a new hope.

Classic Speedy

Captain
Staff member
Reporter
May 13, 2003
Ratings
590 2
This made my day when it was announced the other day. I love the classic Spyro games- my favorite is Ripto's Rage but all three were fun. To be able to play spiffier versions of them in glorious HD... it's gonna be a long five months.

Mar 29, 2018
Ratings
Lancashire, England
www.tumblr.com
This made my day when it was announced the other day. I love the classic Spyro games- my favorite is Ripto's Rage but all three were fun. To be able to play spiffier versions of them in glorious HD... it's gonna be a long five months.
Ripto's Rage (named Gateway to Glimmer in PAL regions) was ace, though Year of the Dragon definitely had to be my favourite, those skateboard levels were fun as heck.

ZeroKelvin

The Last Samurai
Jun 6, 2015
Ratings
Texas
The models and everything look freakin' gorgeous. I'm still waiting for the Crash N-Sane Trilogy to come out on Switch, but this has got me more excited than anything.

My exposure to Spyro was the first "Legend of Spyro", which I thought was pretty meh. Then when I eventually played the original games courtesy of digital download I got hooked.

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Ratings
541 8
Italy
I enjoyed more the gameplay from Spyro 3, but the second game definitively had a better plot.

My only complaint is a few of the minigames from 2 and 3 (like racing Hunter at grabbing crystals) were a bit annoying. Besides that, they were among the most fun collectathon kind of platform games to me.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
I've played a few Spyro games for the GBA and the DS, but I never played the original games. I never had a Playstation system, so I just stuck with whatever games came on for Nintendo systems. I actually liked the New Legend of Spyro series for the most part. I remember replaying the A New Beginning multiple times, but the second entry wasn't quite as good by comparison. The third game in that series was enjoyable until I somehow beat it within two days.

Still, this looks pretty cool. I'll need to get a Switch eventually for new Pokemon games, so if they put this game out for that system, which they probably will, I'll probably get it at some point as well.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,855 10
Elizabeth,NJ
Basically, it was revealed that only the first game would be on the disc and that players must download the other two games. As such, some people are hoping that with the delay, the second and third games will be on the disc as well.
Ah, yeah, I can see why people would be upset about that. Not everyone would have internet or internet connected to their game systems. So having one game on disc when their's suppose to be three games on disc would be a huge rip-off (especially since in my opinion, the second and third games were better than the first).