1. Enter for a chance to win the Captain America Blaster Shield and two POP Vinyl figures from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Lock n' Stock, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Lock n' Stock

Lock n' Stock Space Koala

[​IMG]

Let's be honest, we all saw this coming. The release date is Sept. 21st according to this, and it's coming to both PS4 and Xbox One as well. No sign of a Nintendo Switch release though (yet). These were childhood favourites of mine, so I'm happy to see them get the N-Sane Trilogy treatment.

Feel free to discuss.

2. Cool_Cat

Cool_Cat Well-Known Member

I’m really excited about these remakes.

I used to play the original games a lot when I was young, and then by the late 2000s I thought the series was officially dead after seeing those horrendous “Legend of Spyro” games.

I hope this remake will give the purple dragon a new hope.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I've played quite a few Spyro games, but never the originals, believe it or not, so I'll be picking this up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lock n' Stock

I never actually played the original game, so this is a good way of me to see what I missed out on.

5. Classic Speedy

Classic Speedy What the... [QUACK!]
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

This made my day when it was announced the other day. I love the classic Spyro games- my favorite is Ripto's Rage but all three were fun. To be able to play spiffier versions of them in glorious HD... it's gonna be a long five months.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lock n' Stock

Ripto's Rage (named Gateway to Glimmer in PAL regions) was ace, though Year of the Dragon definitely had to be my favourite, those skateboard levels were fun as heck.

7. ZeroKelvin

ZeroKelvin Trouble brewin'

The models and everything look freakin' gorgeous. I'm still waiting for the Crash N-Sane Trilogy to come out on Switch, but this has got me more excited than anything.

My exposure to Spyro was the first "Legend of Spyro", which I thought was pretty meh. Then when I eventually played the original games courtesy of digital download I got hooked.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cool_Cat

Cool_Cat Well-Known Member

I enjoyed more the gameplay from Spyro 3, but the second game definitively had a better plot.

My only complaint is a few of the minigames from 2 and 3 (like racing Hunter at grabbing crystals) were a bit annoying. Besides that, they were among the most fun collectathon kind of platform games to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've played a few Spyro games for the GBA and the DS, but I never played the original games. I never had a Playstation system, so I just stuck with whatever games came on for Nintendo systems. I actually liked the New Legend of Spyro series for the most part. I remember replaying the A New Beginning multiple times, but the second entry wasn't quite as good by comparison. The third game in that series was enjoyable until I somehow beat it within two days.

Still, this looks pretty cool. I'll need to get a Switch eventually for new Pokemon games, so if they put this game out for that system, which they probably will, I'll probably get it at some point as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I think this was very expecting considering how well the Crash Bandicoot N' Trilogy did. I just hope the voices are done right and favorite characters like Elora, Hunter, and Bianca come out great in the new art style.

• Agree Agree x 1