"Spider-Man" PS4 Game - Anyone playing it?

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Ahsoka

Jan 7, 2002
Ratings
I am a long-time Spidey fan so I rushed out to get this game on Friday and I haven't been able to put it down. This is easily the best Spider-Man game to date. This is the game we've always wanted. The graphics are great and the story is really good so far. I've spent so much time swinging around New York. The voice acting is great too. I haven't finished the story yet but it's really good so far too. Not only is this the best Spider-Man game but it might be the best Marvel game ever too.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Jul 23, 2008
Ratings
670 2
Canada
I picked it up yesterday, and it's a lot of fun. I agree with the critics who say it lacks innovation: the mechanics don't feel that much different than past Spider-Man games. All the same it's proving to be an enormously fun experience. The gameplay is solid, if a bit Arkham-esque at times. I haven't gotten too far in it, but I like what I see. I love that they've set up the close relationship between Peter and Dr. Octavius, and actually make Octavius into a kind, decent person. It's going to make the inevitable fall that much tougher and more dramatic.

PapaGreg

Drinking my sorrows
Nov 1, 2013
Ratings
1,400 7
I'm almost done with it and so far its GOTY for me but its not perfect
The Stealth Sequance feels tacked on to me, one of the reasons why I love the Arkham games is that the stealth was really thought out. There were multiple ways you could incapacitate enemies and there were multiple of ways you can traverse through environments but in Spiderman there is only one way to traverse through environments. Most of the time I just skip stealth unless its a requirement.

The combat is good but its kinda misssing something. Doing combos is freaking sick whether its in the air or the ground plus I really like how you need to do certain attacks on certain enemies. The gadgets and suits are a fun addition what with spicing it up with the suits special abilities and I really enjoy sling objects(especially their own weapons ) at them. But it feels like we need a third combo, I don't know maybe a light or heavy attack or something. Also I'm kinda dissapointed with the lack of Golitath enemies in this game, I don't know maybe they will be in the sequel or something.

Web Slinging- Possibly the best in the series and not only its up there with Spiderman 2 but I love how precise the zipline is and the boost jump is a wonderful edition, basically thought cons on this one.

Villians- I actually love that we get some of Spiderman's less known enemies and I really enjoy Negative man's apparence, its kinda strange we get an antagonist who's main powers is based Chinese taosim fighting a guy who's rogues galleries are mostly science based villains but I personally welcome it. One of my problems with the Arkham series is that Joker always takes part in the main seat while other characters like Two Face or Hush are basically side missions.

Suits- They are 50/50 in my opnion with a lot of them feeling like one offs from another. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of great suits like the Spirit Spider, Noir, Spider Punk, Spider Wrestler, Cell Shaded Spider man and etc. However again you get other suits that are basically his recolors of his main suit and there is literally no difference between the Anti Ock suit and the Mk 2 armor. I'm kinda dissapointed we got these instead of the Superior octopus suit, Spiderman India or Future Foundation. I know a lot of people are mad we didn't get the black Spiderman suit but eh, for me personally while I liked its in almost every game so its not big deal for me.

Last edited:

Wonderwall

Staff member
Mar 4, 2006
Ratings
264 1
Canada
Been fun to play with, been awhile since I played a great Spider Man game. It's not close to GOTY for me( that goes to God of War so far for me ) and i guess it's a slight knock that it doesn't really do anything new, whether it be from previous Spider Man games or Arkham series. But at the very least they made it refined enough and put at least a slight spin on it to feel slightly fresh.