"Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Jul 23, 2008
Ratings
667 2
Canada
Easy come, easy go. I'll be rooting for a vet (Tobey, Andrew, NPH, Barnes, or Keaton)

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
This speaks to my idea... why not all of them, or at least Maguire and Andrew? What a great way to continue those franchises and maybe provide some closure to those series. Though really, I wouldn't be surprised to see Barnes, Keaton or NPH, maybe playing characters other than Spider-Man. Some fan service like that is certainly possible.

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
Ratings
Garfield burned his bridges with Sony pretty badly (reportedly, they were planning to recast him even if the deal with Marvel didn't happen and TASM series was continued), so I can't see him coming back. Maguire maybe, if they want to go for fanservice, but any of the previous voice-over Spider-Men probably aren't seen as big enough names to get the part. When it comes to theatrical animated movies, celebrity stunt casting sadly is the name of the game.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Jul 23, 2008
Ratings
667 2
Canada
Garfield burned his bridges with Sony pretty badly (reportedly, they were planning to recast him even if the deal with Marvel didn't happen and TASM series was continued), so I can't see him coming back. Maguire maybe, if they want to go for fanservice, but any of the previous voice-over Spider-Men probably aren't seen as big enough names to get the part. When it comes to theatrical animated movies, celebrity stunt casting sadly is the name of the game.
You’re absolutely right, which is why I suggested getting previous actors to just have cameos as other characters. However, may I put forward the idea that they could get NPH to voice Peter? He’s a big enough name, and even reprised the role a few years ago in Shattered Dimensions. Really, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they went down that route.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,457 4
Framingham, MA
How did he burn his bridges?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,166 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Jun 10, 2016
Ratings
524 11
Easy come, easy go. I'll be rooting for a vet (Tobey, Andrew, NPH, Barnes, or Keaton)

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
Andrew and NPH are definitely done with playing Spidey nor will be playing him anytime soon in any Spidey iteration. If anything, if we do get a vet, then it would probably be either one of the remaining three (Tobey, Barnes, or Keaton). Either Barnes or Keaton would be more likely to play the role for Parker/Spidey, but Tobey still has a chance I guess. I'm rooting for Keaton if we had to choose.

Also, could Holland potentially play Parker? I know Holland is pretty young (21 as of this post), and he's playing a teenage Parker in the movies as of this post, but maybe it could work? IDK. If not, then like I said, it'd be Keaton.