"Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,166 46
Sherman Oaks CA
This is a nice surprise to come home to. It feels as though my enthusiasm for this flick might pay off. It looks kind of like I pictured it could but cooler. The multiverse stuff hit me unexpectedly but it will be interesting to see what they cook up. Thinking back to 20 years ago when I was hoping to see big screen animation based on Marvel characters, I'm very happy to see this happening. If it helps lead to a push for higher quality Marvel Animation that will be even better.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk
Since this is mostly Sony, as was Spectacular Spider-Man, I hope Marvel Animation takes a lot of lessons ;).
Not a bad guess. I wonder if the rest of the family will show up.

Though maybe not all of them.
I'm pretty good with them just doing Morlun justice for now, if it comes to it :cool:.

spyke

Feb 11, 2002
Ratings
414 1 1
Visit site
Am I the only one who wants to see Disney/Marvel and Sony get together and launch a separate PG rated Animated Marvel Cinematic Universe using this same type of animation after watching this trailer?

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,589 28
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Am I the only one who wants to see Disney/Marvel and Sony get together and launch a separate PG rated Animated Marvel Cinematic Universe using this same type of animation after watching this trailer?
I'd be down for that. Feature characters that's not getting a lot of focus in the MCU. Or feature alternate versions, like Jane Foster Thor.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,269 4
177A Bleecker Street
It would be very awesome, and I'd be down for something like that 100%, but I can't imagine who they'd want to give the treatment to. When Disney did it, they took characters Marvel had no desire to touch and Sony picked a character that won't be in live-action anytime soon but who would Marvel bank on? I think The New Warriors could have been awesome if they weren't already going the sitcom route with them. There are so many awesome characters that would be nice picks for this.

Not to get too off topic but I'm just remembering several years ago, chatting with peers who shot me down when I was sharing thoughts that WB could do great with some big budget animated DC movies. This is just making me remember how cool I thought that could be.

spyke

Feb 11, 2002
Ratings
414 1 1
Visit site
It would be very awesome, and I'd be down for something like that 100%, but I can't imagine who they'd want to give the treatment to. When Disney did it, they took characters Marvel had no desire to touch and Sony picked a character that won't be in live-action anytime soon but who would Marvel bank on? I think The New Warriors could have been awesome if they weren't already going the sitcom route with them. There are so many awesome characters that would be nice picks for this.

Not to get too off topic but I'm just remembering several years ago, chatting with peers who shot me down when I was sharing thoughts that WB could do great with some big budget animated DC movies. This is just making me remember how cool I thought that could be.

I was thinking more of making faithful adaptions of both the major and minor Marvel characters that are more closer to their original comic book versions with the classic colorful superhero uniforms. I would also like to see Warner Brothers and DC do the same thing.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,166 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Collider has some new details on the movie from Lord and Miller:
Lord and Miller made it clear this is a Miles Morales movie. They also said the film enters a big universe and the teaser trailer only shows a fraction of what’s to come.
Into the Spider-Verse
is part of a “multiverse” and not part of the live-action Spider-Ma
Miller and Lord talked about how they wanted to create a Spider-Man animated movie that makes you feel like you walked inside a comic book.
Chris Miller said the footage you see in the trailer is a new process that’s CGI animation that’s treated with “line work and painting and dots and all sorts of comic book techniques.” They wanted to make it a living painting. The movie is being made to look like it was made by hand.
One of the things they wanted to show in the film is Peter Parker being the grownup in the room for the first time.
They are excited about being able to tell the story using camera moves and pushing the style in ways a live-action movie can’t. When you look at the first trailer, you can immediately see it’s unlike any animated movie you’ve seen.
When asked about the tone and if it’s going to be a comedy, they said while Miles Morales and Peter Parker can be funny, Into the Spider-Verse is an action-adventure movie.
Lord and Miller talked about how they wanted to make a movie about regular people who make a choice to be a hero. Not someone who was born to be one.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,269 4
177A Bleecker Street
That all sounds good. I remember being initially disappointed when it was announced that Lord and Miller weren't directing and were just writing but this makes them sound as though they were involved in more than just that.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,235 8
I'm surprised it took this long for Spider-Man to get an animated movie, whether it's in theaters, tv, or dvd. I mean, it focuses on Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker. This sounds interesting.

I wonder who they're going to get to voice Peter?
Sorry for double posting, but I have two ideas.

1. Though this involves Peter's death, if he shows up in flashbacks throughout the movie, meaning a sizable role, they could get a famous tv actor to voice him.

2. If he makes like a cameo or two, they'll probably get a veteran voice actor for cost reasons. For example, Julien and Mort's cameo in the 2014 Penguins Of Madagascar had the former voiced by his tv voice actor Danny Jacobs (who I personally prefer over Sascha Baron Cohen, but that's another story)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Jul 23, 2008
Ratings
667 2
Canada
So this is going to tie into the new pseudo Spider-Man universe Sony is building, and making an animated movie is the only way they incorporate Spider-Man into it? Huh. I'll be honest, I don't know how I feel if that's the case. Personally, I'd have loved to have seen some kind of union of past Spider-Man incarnations, which would include having Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield voice their respective Spider-Mans. It may sound dumb, but this movie is already about uniting a "Spider-Verse," so why not? At least that's my two sense, though maybe that's too much catering to the fans.