"Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by ClodClavo, Dec 10, 2014.

1. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

We'd probably get like 5 episodes a year. This seems like it took a good amount of time to make.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

The animation might not be finished and could still change, theirs still a year to go until release as it comes out December of 2018.

Has the villain of the movie been revealed yet??

3. Venom Melendez

Venom Melendez Active Member

We don't even know the story yet. But we do see Prowler in the trailer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This looks awesome. We need more animated movies that aren’t goofy comedies, or trying to be like Disney or Pixar.

I saw this is being directed by the same guy who did Rise of the Guardians. I really like that movie, and with Phil and Lord writing, I have a feeling that this will be great, especially with the whole multiverse angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Random speculation: The Peter Parker he's seen talking to isn't an AU version but the one that's going to die. It seems like Miles is wearing his prototype suit so it could probably happen early in the movie

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

Whoever the main villain is I think he's being voiced by Liev Schreiber who played Sabretooth in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Aaron Davis/Prowler (Miles's Uncle) is voiced by Mahershala Ali, Brian Tyree Henry is voicing Jefferson Davis (Mile's Father) and Shameik Moore is voicing Miles/Spider-Man.

That's all the voice actors that have been revealed so far.
    I wonder if Miles's friend Ganke will appear in the movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Schreiber has been confirmed to play the villain :evil:.

I'm guessing he's either playing Norman Osborn (who killed Peter before Miles took over in the Ultimate Universe) or maybe Wilson Fisk (someone noticed there was a Fisk billboard in the teaser) :ack:.
    I recall there was a casting call related to this movie that included descriptions for both Miles and Ganke ;).

8. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

If Wilson Fisk is the main antagonist then I hope he doesn't overpower Spiderman, thats one of my man gripes with TAS is how they make Spiderman too weak

• Like Like x 1
  9. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

On the gravestone for peter parker In the teaser trailer if you look closely it has the dates of Peter's birth and death and it say's:

1991-2018 meaning Peter died at 27 years old.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess that means Peter was Spider-Man much longer then he was in the Ultimate Universe. He was 16-17 when he died there and before Miles took over.

I wonder who they're going to get to voice Peter?

11. Venom Melendez

Spider-Man* ;)

And no one said he's the main antagonist. That said, Fisk has never been a push over physically. He even once defeated the Red Skull, back when Skull was in a clone body of Steve Rogers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    #111 Venom Melendez, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  12. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Hm. I have mixed feelings about this. First thing it reminded me of was that 3D Spider-Man series from MTV. Sort of a 2.5D reimagining visually speaking. The style is okay. Can't say it's bad. It's different. Thankfully. But I just don't like that pretty much all the scenes look the same and that chromatic filter everyone is pushing these days is terrible - part of the style or not. Is this going to be some cyberpunk universe or something? Because that's what it seems to communicate. And second, what's up with the framerate? The animation seems really choppy for today's supersmooth standards - unless they fix it by release and it's not finished or it's that way on purpose to mimic a comic-book animatic. As for the content itself, I was expecting more... comedy... I guess. Anyhow, so there'll be more Spidermen in this? How is that going to work? Will it be canon? Also, was that one scene a GITS homage? Surprised they're going to put this in theaters to be honest. Home video and streaming would have sufficed. But hey, it's not my cash. If they think they can justify it and people will go see it... fine.

As always, going to rely on @Frontier and other experts on providing cautiously optimistic me with the much needed answers.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Venom Melendez

Don't see it. The animation for this film is obviously far better.

Obviously not and it doesn't convey it at all. There's nothing "Cyberpunk" in the trailer we saw. There's no "Cyber" at all.

We'll only see Cyberpunk if they have Spider-Man 2099(Now that's a Cyberpunk universe).

The answer to that should be obvious. I mean no disrespect, but this is clearly it's own continuity.

And that's a good thing.

As for some of your other questions, do remember that it's coming out Christmas 2018.

And it's not surprising why it will be getting a theatrical release, i don't see with it shouldn't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    #113 Venom Melendez, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  14. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

"Fisk" Also I said "IF" also Spiderman can lift 10 tons he should't have a problem with Fisk

• Like Like x 2
  15. Venom Melendez

That's a big "if" and an odd one, since we are having multiplie Spider-Men. Considering Wilson Fisk mainly focuses on organized crime, it's hardly something that would require a multiversal team up.

Maybe he "shouldn't", but there have been several stories where holds his own against Spider-Man, Daredevil and others. It wasn't just in the 90's cartoon, so it's not fair to single it out for this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, if Miles is a teenage Spider-Man then I imagine he might have more trouble with Fisk as he gains a handle on his powers then he would otherwise.

17. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Morlun is definitely going to be the main antagonist, just going by the title and the shape of the guy who ran past Miles at the cemetery. Scchreiber seems like the perfect fit for Morlun.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I mean, if we are getting into the Spider-Verse stuff, Morlun and the Inheritors make sense (and he also killed Peter Parker in the comics) :ack:.

I could definitely see Schreiber as Morlun :cool:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rick Jones

Rick Jones fan-man
    Staff Member Moderator

This is a nice surprise to come home to. It feels as though my enthusiasm for this flick might pay off. It looks kind of like I pictured it could but cooler. The multiverse stuff hit me unexpectedly but it will be interesting to see what they cook up. Thinking back to 20 years ago when I was hoping to see big screen animation based on Marvel characters, I'm very happy to see this happening. If it helps lead to a push for higher quality Marvel Animation that will be even better.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Venom Melendez

Not a bad guess. I wonder if the rest of the family will show up.

Though maybe not all of them.

• Agree Agree x 2