1. If you are seeing non-stop CMP acceptance notifications, go here and we will help you troubleshoot:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-cmp-acceptance-notice.5663692/
    If you are seeing non-stop Privacy/ToS acceptance notifications, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-privacy-terms-acceptance.5663702/
    If you are seeing threads with no posts at all, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/threads-with-no-content.5663811/
    Please note that these are separate issues. Posting in the correct thread will help us resolve the issue faster.
    Dismiss Notice

"Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by ClodClavo, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Leopardon finally makes his proper animated debut :p.

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones fan-man Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, the Goblin is pretty unrecognizable.

Wasn't Ganke mentioned as being in it before at a con or something?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier likes this.
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On Staff Member Moderator

Wow, that animation is gorgeous. You certainly can't call it a cookie-cutter style.

Oddly enough, the one thing I'm not sold on is Peter's voice. I'l have to get used to it, I guess, but it's a lot deeper than most of his other voices - even in media where he's an adult.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a Miguel O'Hara appearance.

Frontier likes this.
  4. Frontier

I thought he was, but given he's completely absent from the trailer and voice cast, it kind of seems like he isn't in it...

5. Dudley

Dudley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This CG looks phenomenal. I want more superhero animated movies now. This is what DC should be doing instead of live action films.
    Can't wait to see this film.
    Don't like Peter's voice though. So bland.

Rick Jones and Frontier like this.
  6. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

People keep talking about his voice, but then I could've sworn I heard Jake pull a Keaton in that snippet of him saving Miles. Could also just be another Spidey VA.

Rick Jones and Frontier like this.
  7. Rick Jones

It only just hit me that Liev Schreiber is Kingpin. That's some pretty cool casting.

8. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

This movie is pretty much gonna be fun. I like Miles, so this has sold written all over it.

9. Joe Wagner

Joe Wagner The one, true Scarlet Spider!

WOW! When this was announced, I wasn't sure Sony could pull it off. The first trailer gave me some hope, but this most recent one was on another level. I love the comic book elements that add to the story without taking you out of the scene. The animation looks fresh and completely different. However, the scene that totally sold me is Miles and his dad with the "I love you dad" scene. If this movie conveys that same type of heart, this is going to be one that's remembered fondly by future generations. Here's hoping it lives up to the tremendous potential that has been presented.

Frontier likes this.
  10. Frontier

I find it curious that they didn't mention a voice for the Goblin, who I originally had Schreiber pegged as.

I wonder if that means Gobby will just be a monstrous physical threat who's only there to kill Miles' Peter :sweat:?

11. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

RoyalRubble likes this.
  12. Frontier

Miles Morales:
    Spider-Gwen
    Peter Parker
    Jefferson:
    Rio:

thisguyisnotcool and RoyalRubble like this.
  13. Rick Jones

These sound pretty good. It's interesting to see Kingpin having an old connection to Miles' family.

14. Frontier

It's also something from the comics, since they were both involved with Ultimate Kingpin :cool:.

15. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I cannot wait for the Prowler. I love how all the characters are somehow connected through relationships.

16. Rick Jones

I used to be an avid Ultimate comics but I think I hadn't read Miles' book after the issue where Peter randomly came back and rode off with MJ. I think I remembered Aaron dealing with Kingpin but I didn't really remember seeing any of Jefferson's past. Did they go in depth?

Was Jefferson the younger brother in the book?

17. Frontier

I remember an issue where Jefferson explained his history to Miles and talked about a time where SHIELD enlisted him in going undercover in the Kingpin's operation.

I don't think they've ever specified in the comics which one's the oldest (although I've always had the impression Jefferson is).

18. Rick Jones

I'm not sure why I thought Jefferson was younger in the book. It probably had to with him not looking that old with his shaved head and clean face, while Aaron had the goatee and a really weathered civilian look plus all of his criminal experience. After that one time skip, Jefferson did look older than Aaron ever did with his all white facial hair, etc.

Frontier likes this.
  19. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

I hate being the sourpuss, but even after that second trailer, I don't feel all that excited for this movie. It doesn't look bad, but I'm not getting any wibes of it being amazing either. I mean, if it was just a movie about Miles being mentored by washed up Peter Parker in a superhero version of Creed kind of way, I think we could have something great, but also getting Spider-Gwen and, presumably, even more Spider-people doesn't excite me at all. Furthermore, I'm not feeling Jake Johnson as Peter Parker and the way the character seems to be portrayed, in terms of personality, feels really off.

Also, everyone seems to find that scene between Miles and his dad sweet, but I think that it is just too cringy. Want to make your kid hate you, Miles' dad? Because publically embarrassing them is pretty good way to do so.

But hey, if nothing else, even with all my personal hang-ups this will probably be easily the better of the two Sony's Spider-Man "spin-offs" we are getting this year.

20. Dudley

Dudley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Im actually seeing this more for the visuals.
    I remember when Jorge Gutierrez (Book of Life), said that he wanted to make a CG movie where the finished film looked just as gorgeous as the concept art.
    This Spider-Man Movie feels like the first time where that’s truly been done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk