Some pre-Comic-Con news for Family Guy Season 17

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by LDEJRuff, Jun 27, 2018.

1. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

Here's what we're going to be expecting for the upcoming Family Guy Season 17:

1. While they're not going to kill off a character, like they did with Brian Griffin nearly five years ago, the show is going to bring on a character, as the aforementioned family dog is getting married in the two-part Season Premiere.
    2. The show is also going to do a very special tribute episode for the late Adam West.
    3. The also-late Carrie Fisher's character, Angela, is going to be replaced as Pawtucket Brewery boss by a new couple played by Bryan Cranston and Nacey Nash. No latest-news info on the latter actress, though.
    4. Meg may come out as a lesbian.
    5. Glenn Quagmire has a teenage daughter, played by Mandy Moore, whom he hasn't heard about.
    6. Yet another anthology episode, featuring a story based on Fatal Attraction.
    7. The show is also going to do a take on the Korean Winter Games.

Sure wish they'd import the unused "Candy Quahog Marshmallow!" subplot involving Stewie worrying that he's going to be a redhead. Maybe it will be the title plot for "Pal Stewie", an episode confirmed for the Season.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Milofan30

Milofan30 Member

I wish a certain enemy of Stewie's would return for an episode.

3. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

The last season of Family Guy was hands down the worst season the show has done since it came back. Only the first two original seasons were worse. None of these episode descriptions are filling me with confidence.

4. LDEJRuff

In other words, it's a cliché to you, right?

5. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Cliches and Family Guy do not bother me. It is a satire that traffics in cliches and always has been. What concerns me about the episode descriptions is that with the exception of the Adam West tribute, these strike me as the precise types of storylines which will showcase the main characters behaving in a criminally deplorable manner. Last season was so bad because Brian supported canine cannibalism (to start). I see similar arcs for the characters in these plot details.

6. LDEJRuff

Getting back to the first subject, this Medium news article from last February tells us who Brian is getting married to in the Season Premiere.

Remember Season Five's "Chick Cancer", where Stewie briefly "marries" Olivia Fuller? Well...

Brian is getting married to Ellie, the showdog he dated in "Boy (Dog) Meets Girl (Dog)".

7. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I actually really like that idea. Ellie is the only girlfriend of Brian's I've actually liked (besides Gillian).

8. ToonsJazzLover

ToonsJazzLover Active Member

In other related pre-Comic Con news, here's a first look at the poster for this season. Also, that particular episode will be written by Dominic Bianchi and Joe Vaux, their second effort in making a script. Knowing that A Fistful of Meg was a disaster to watch, I'm sure they'll redeem themselves with Big Trouble in Little Quahog, which Brian and Stewie eps (almost) never fail to disappoint.

https://tvline.com/2018/07/13/family-guy-season-17-first-look-comic-con-poster/

9. copper20

copper20 Member

They need to kill Brian and Stewie and never bring them back. Or give them a spinoff. They've been a severe wound on Family Guy for a decade - they're more annoying than Navi the fairy from Ocarina of Time or Botley from Jumpstart.

10. Jonathan Teka

Jonathan Teka Member

How in the world is Brian gonna be married? Does this mean he will still be a part of the Griffin family and in the series?