"Solo: A Star Wars Story" News & Discussion Thread

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ratings
128 11
Ohio
With the Disney-Fox deal about to close I'd like Disney to use 20th Century Fox for its PG-13 and up movies even co-branding with Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios on some releases so I'd love for this to be the first Star Wars movie under 20th Century Fox since Episode III.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Jul 23, 2008
Ratings
644 2
Canada
I'm not at all surprised that Disney doesn't have high hopes for it. I'd argue that doing a Han Solo movie is questionable by itself (especially one that doesn't involve Harrison Ford or Billy Dee Williams), but the news of the reshoots leave little to the imagination. Really, I'm shocked that they didn't push the movie back to next Christmas. May 2018 is less than a year after Ron Howard took the job, we have news that he reshot most of the pre-existing footage along with the stuff that wasn't shot, he had no time to craft the movie into his vision while filming, and he's expected to crank out a masterpiece in eleven months? I don't think much can be done to save the movie, but I have no clue why they wouldn't move it to December and give Howard more time. I've also seen plenty of buzz that the script is bad. If that's true, than the movie is pretty much DOA in terms of quality. Hopefully Disney learns some lessons about handling Star Wars in the future.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,898 5 1
the point of no return
Donald Glover comments on filming Solo:

https://movieweb.com/amp/han-solo-movie-new-shot-millennium-falcon-ron-howard/

"I remember going on set one of the first times, he was like, 'Yeah, I want to follow you onto the Millennium Falcon and do this thing.' I was like, 'I don't think I've ever seen the outside go into the inside.' He's like, 'Yeah, no one's ever done that shot.' As a fan I was like yeah, I was really excited. I know there's been a lot of talk in the press about this movie but for me anyway, it was a dream and also it looks really cool to me."
Referring to switching directors:
"Not a lot at all, at least not for me. I think we've all never been faced with anything like that and I think he did a good job of coming and tell us he didn't want to change what we were doing at all. He wanted us to remain confident in our vision. He just wanted to sculpt it in a way."
Edit: Also trailer expected by the end of this week on GMA.
Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zeether

HASSHA!!
Sep 4, 2010
Ratings
Florida
I can't be excited for this, because after I felt lukewarm about Rogue One I feel like the whole "Star Wars Story" saga isn't interesting for me as a whole and I really don't need to know how Han Solo got his name. Glover will probably be the standout performance at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.