Sinclair To Launch 'KidsClick' Multiplatform Programming Block For Children

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by aegisrawks, May 4, 2017.

1. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

They have a few URLs. Kidsclick.tv seems to be the proper one now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Takao

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. David Villaronga 2

David Villaronga 2 I couldn't log into my original account

Looks like Dinosaur King is coming to KidsClick http://thistv.com/schedule/sched/2018-02-05 .

This takes Super 4 off the schedule, and DK being the 2nd 4Kids show to be on KidsClick (with the first being Winx Club). Schedule grid coming soon.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Well that's another 4KidsTV show on KidsClick, before this it was airing on Primo TV.

5. David Villaronga 2

David Villaronga 2 I couldn't log into my original account

Here's the schedule grid
    IMG_8488.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

With all due respect, David, Winx Club doesn't count, since there had been an English version (i.e., the one airing on KidsClick) before "4Licensing" (as they're known today) got their hands on it...

As for Super 4 being taken off the schedule, it may be just as well, since I recently found out that...

Twinkle was able to return the Fairy Queen to her true form in one story, but the Queen is completely ungrateful, as well as unforgiving. Instead of welcoming her back to the Enchanted Island, she tries to turn poor Twinkle into the frog the Queen was turned into (by accident), but gets "hoist by her own petard" when the spell bounces off a mirror that Ruby had brought there just in time, and all of this supposedly because of the "mistake" Twinkle in the first place. In short, Twinkle's story does not have a happy ending. That, plus, no one seemed to have told the Queen that two wrongs don't make a right. Either that or she never really understood what that meant in the first place.

This worst part is, this was meant to be a "status quo" joke. "She" tried so hard to make things right, and this is the thanks she gets? It really wasn't funny at all.

Anyway, I'm kind of disappointed that they're adding a 4Kids "dub" (if one can call it that) to their schedule. However, what disappoints me more is that this block keeps showing the same episodes over and over again, etc., etc.

Incidentally, Takao, I'm not sure I understand what that thing with Imagine Communications is about. Is it going to have some effect on the block, or even website/app?

7. AcmeLooAlumnus

AcmeLooAlumnus New Member

I really want to like KidsClick, but they already eliminated one of the cartoons I was actually enjoying. RoboCop: Alpha Commando was great and I miss it already. Pink Panther and Pals is the only reason I tune in anymore, as I'm a huge fan of classic cartoons (Yes, it's not a classic cartoon. It does pretend to be, though. Or, at the very least, attempts to pretend to be).

#427 AcmeLooAlumnus, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  8. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm, I've never seen Dinosaur King before...maybe I'll check this out. I'm just worried about them airing episodes out of order or something.

9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Based on what I remember of Dinosaur King, the first season is pretty episodic. There are important episodes and the second season in particular had more focus, but it probably wouldn't cause too much trouble if they did air some episodes from the first season out of order.

I still don't have access to this channel, but there's not much that sounds particularly interesting to me on the lineup either. Although, I am a bit curious about what dub they have for Winx Club if it isn't the 4Kids one.

10. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Well-Known Member

Turning Mecard has a redub now. Or at least a redubbed trailer. The show is called just "Mecard" now and the Mechanimals are now Mecardimals. I hope it comes to Kidsclick.

11. Takao

No, because they've switched over to this technology months ago. It basically gives Sinclair the ability to program all of the local versions of the block seemlessly from their Las Vegas office.

Dinosaur King won't be the only 4Kids dub they'll be adding in the "near future." This really shouldn't be a surprise given the block's run by a former 4Kids employee. I'm actually surprised they air the Cinelume dub of Winx, but I guess RAI doesn't offer anyone the 4Kids version anymore.

Mattel seems to be more focused on YouTube than television. If BattleClaw makes it onto KidsClick I'd say it's likely Mecard eventually would. BattleClaw probably should air on TV since there are toys in stores.

12. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Well-Known Member

It turns out that Mecard is on Youtube, just like Takao said. And its been redubbed. And its region locked.

13. Mandouga

Last time I checked, Robocop: Alpha Commando is available on the website/app with all 40 episodes.

Also, @ Light Lucario: It's the "RAI English" version that was dubbed by a Canadian* company called Cinélume. It also has a different theme song ("Winx! If your hand is warm in mine, it will give us greater power...").

*Well, actually they're French-Canadian. They're located in Montreal, Quebec. Not only that, but their official website is in French.

14. AcmeLooAlumnus

AcmeLooAlumnus New Member

Yeah, I'm too old to get into streaming things from websites. I want to watch it on my big screen HDTV. So for now I'll just enjoy Pink Panther and Pals until they add something else I'm interested in.

15. Mandouga

You're never (really) too old for anything. Just saying...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. MegasMilo379

MegasMilo379 Active Member

No offense, but that shouldn't be an excuse.
    My grandma is in her seventies, yet she's one of the most technologically-aware and advanced people I know.
    Goes to show that...
    Agreed. That should be a mentality for most people doing most things their younger counterparts are also doing.

17. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

I've never seen Dinosaur King, but I think it's cool that the weekday schedule has such a variety of different types of shows.

If I had to guess, I'd say...Sonic X? A surprise would be Kirby: Right Back at Ya! or one of the Yu-gi-Oh!'s - at least, I think those were dubbed by 4kids, but I could be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's interesting. I'm kind of surprised in a way that Winx Clubs has had so many dubs. I know that it's popular in Italy, but I don't think it has that much popularity/success outside of its home country, so seeing different companies try to do their own dub for the series is kind of strange in a way.

I'm not sure if they could put a Yu-Gi-Oh! series on this block. I thought that Nickelodeon had the rights for all of the currently five dubbed series, even though they're doing virtually nothing with the first four and have treated Arc V extremely poorly to the point where they skipped over an entire season. If they could get a Yu-Gi-Oh! series, it would probably be the original DM dub. It is easily the most successful series in the U.S. and it did have pretty consistent reruns on the CW. Sonic X would also be a possibility considering how much that aired on various blocks.

19. Takao

I believe the third season of Winx actually has three separate English dubs: Cinelume's, 4Kids' and an in-house Nickelodeon one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

I think you're right about Yu-Gi-Oh!. And I think it's more likely that Sonic X comes in seeing as they promoted it when the block started and as you said, it has aired on various blocks in the past run by 4kids.

I kinda hope it replaces Angry Birds on weekdays, since Angry Birds would still have a weekend spot and Sonic X would fit in nicely in a primarily action lineup.

That being said, I like the variety of shows they have been airing and how the schedule doesn't seem to worry about grouping comedies and action shows together.

• Agree Agree x 1