Sinclair To Launch 'KidsClick' Multiplatform Programming Block For Children

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Ratings
294 14
Newington, CT, USA
Let's not make any assumptions just yet. It was previously said/implied that the DVD release would be based on the "macekred" English "version" by "Leisure Concepts Inc." (their original name when they were founded as a licensing agency), but it turned out it was the original international English version made by Rainbow (or RAI; not sure) themselves (this is the version that's on Netflix). In any case, let's wait for it to premiere first, then we'll what's happening.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Ratings
636 1
Canada
Okay, watching Team Hot Wheels (which was a different segment this week) this morning and that's clearly not the 4Kids dub in the promo with Stella.
I guess we'll know tomorrow morning.

sasq

Oct 5, 2015
Ratings
280 7
Italy
I kinda wish KidsClick could come to Italy (not through Sinclair obviously), local station have been kinda poor in these recent years, mostly airing teleshopping.

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Ratings
294 14
Newington, CT, USA
Yeah, it's the original English version of Winx Club, but it's...slowed down (the theme song is in the key of D major)? Or was it the original speed to begin with, with the Netflix version being based on the PAL version (where the theme song is in the key of Eb major)?

Takao

Mar 17, 2010
Ratings
636 1
Canada
Here's something a little interesting:
The title card is for "Team Hot Wheels: Search for the 5th Driver." I can't find any online entries of that anywhere. Could this be KidsClick's first global debut? It's scheduled for October 28th and 29th.

Here's the other Team Hot Wheels specials they've run:
The Skills to Thrill
Build the Epic Race

Takao

Mar 17, 2010
Ratings
636 1
Canada
Team Hot Wheels: Search for the 5th Driver is some weird interactive QTE video game, which obviously didn't work on linear television. I'm guessing Mattel just gave them a box of hard drives and no one checked lol.

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Ratings
294 14
Newington, CT, USA
(plays "'wah wah wah wah' trumpet" sound effect)

This describes how I feel about this in general.

Still, I have to say it. They've messed up before, but this time they really did it. I'm not kidding. I'm beginning to think these guys really don't know what they're doing. Either that, or as I said before, they may be trying to sabotage their own block on purpose. An interactive game? What were they thinking? It also seems like they just give form responses when people ask them serious questions (like one about their iOS and Android app on their Facebook page). This is also in addition to the problem of playing episodes people saw a week ago. It's like they don't even realize that people do know the difference. These aren't just "cartoons", they're TV shows that have episodes other than the ones they've been playing. Does KidsClick honestly think people view "cartoons" in such a short sighted way? Do they think people (regardless of age) won't care that they've been playing episodes people just saw a few days to a week ago? I'm even beginning to consider the possibility that, to be totally honest, they may not even be trying. I mean, they took off Robocop: Alpha Commando without even bothering to show more episodes than the ones they had already shown eleventy billion times (yeah, yeah, I know, I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea). They also seem to have been unable to decide whether shows that air on both the weekday and weekend blocks have the same order of episodes that are shown, or if they have separate ones for weekdays and weekends.

Look, everyone, I'll stick with this block for now, but let me tell you all something. Something is going on over there, and sooner or later people are going to find out one way or the other. KidsClick needs to make it easier on themselves, and just tell everyone what is going on here. Are they afraid that they will lose viewers? The thing is, they may be doing that already, but we'll see what happens one way or another...